[JongTaeMinho] Take a Closer Look

[SHINee] One-Shot Collection

Triangle!fic, since I couldn't decide which pairing there was more of in this. :/

Jongtaeminho = Jonghyun, Taemin, and Minho

Involves Girl!Taemin and character death.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Minho gulped and started sweating when he finally put the ring on Taeyeon's finger. It was inarguably the worst mistake he'd ever made. Agreeing to marry Taeyeon (at his father's insistance, of course) had completely driven any spirit out of his eyes. He was, for all intents and purposes, a walking corpse.

She leaned forward, expecting a customary kiss. Instead, she briefly felt Minho's arms wrap around her in a hug. And it was not the kind of hug you would give to a wife, but the kind of hug you would give to a friend. It disappointed Taeyeon, and she could honestly say she was surprised. Minho had never been the most touchy-feely fiance, true, but she had at least expected a kiss on their wedding.

When he saw the pink, perfectly feminine lips coming towards him, Minho couldn't do it. He just couldn't. He couldn't muster up the will power to force himself to kiss someone he'd come to despise. No, that wasn't exactly right. Taeyeon was a lovely girl. She was. The problem was that she represented his shattered hopes. She was a constant reminder that he didn't get to choose his own future anymore. But that wasn't even the main problem. The main problem was that she wasn't Jonghyun.

Jonghyun, who had come to the wedding and gazed at him with an odd gleam in his eye. It made him wonder what Jonghyun had planned. It made him uneasy because it almost looked murderous, that gleam. And even though Minho despised Taeyeon, he wasn't furious enough to want to kill her.

He was only vaguely aware of his surroundings after the actual ceremony had taken place. He was busy thinking about and watching Jonghyun. Jonghyun seemed lonely and unsure of himself at the reception, a very different picture than in the church where he'd been absolutely livid. Minho ached to go and comfort Jonghyun, but didn't. Not after the severe threat he'd received from his father.

    "U-uhm.. M-minho? Honey?" Taeyeon's soft, gratingly feminine voice made Minho flinch. "Are you going to lead me out for a dance?" too wrapped up in his own misery and self-pity, he shook his head.

    "I'm sorry Taeyeon. I don't really feel like dancing," he replied, unaware of Taeyeon's growing disappointment and hurt.

    "O-oh. Alright then," Taeyeon settled herself next to Minho, hoping that he would at least tell her what's troubling him. They were husband and wife now, shouldn't they share everything?

    "I'm going to take a walk," Minho sprang out of his seat. "I'm terribly sorry to leave you here like this Taeyeon, but I really really need some fresh air," Minho was pretty sure that his real intention could be heard in his voice, but couldn't bring himself to try harder to hide it. Taeyeon swallowed a lump in .

    "Alright. Be back soon, okay honey?" she had to quickly, discreetly wipe her eyes when she saw Minho flinch at the nickname.

    "Alright. Later," Minho walked away from her at a fast clip, not wanting to be near her any longer than necessary. She wondered why he'd even agreed to marry her when it was so very obvious that he wasn't even attracted to her.

She narrowed her eyes when she noticed a rather short male glance around before looking directly at her and smirking. He went out the same door Minho had gone through, and the puzzle pieces clicked in her head. She desperately wanted to believe she was wrong, even though the evidence was right in front of her.

~*~

After their marriage, Minho only touched Taeyeon when it was for a public appearance. A quick peck on the hand, a hug here and there. It wasn't enough for Taeyeon. She had come to fall in love with the tall gorgeous man against her will. He was so perfect.. except for the fact that he was gay. He made no attempts to hide his affair with Jonghyun from her, though he was never so bold as to bring Jonghyun to their house.

She was grateful to him for it, but also hated him because it only made her fall deeper in love. She almost wished he would bring Jonghyun to the house, so she could yell and scream and just release all of her emotions at him. Even when they were at parties, she was so lonely it ached. She was in love all by herself.

Minho wasn't exactly happy with the arrangement he'd come to, but he was content. Taeyeon didn't speak to him unless it was absolutely necessary, and Jonghyun was still in his life. It was a win-win in his eyes. He and Jonghyun were still very much in love and he didn't think that was going to change any time soon.

    "Minho.. I think Taeyeon is really truly in love with you," Jonghyun murmured in between heated kisses and the removal of clothing.

    "That's ridiculous," Minho snorted. "She knows all about us. She wouldn't be stupid enough to fall in love with someone who can't love her back." Jonghyun kept quiet, knowing that Minho was wrong. Taeyeon had been that stupid.

    "Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking," he replied distantly. He wrapped himself in the feel of Minho's body against his and didn't think about it any more. It only evoked the same strong feelings of jealousy he'd felt on Minho's wedding day. Which was useless, since Minho was his anyway.

But as time went by, Minho noticed things about Taeyeon. Things that proved she was in love with him. She remembered that he liked his eggs sunny side up. She knew his favorite brand of shampoo and conditioner. She always watched soccer with him. He felt sorry for her. All of the consideration she constantly showed still wasn't enough. He still didn't love her the way she loved him, though he was coming to regard her as his best friend.

He started spending less time with Jonghyun and more time with his wife. Taeyeon was ecstatic. Jonghyun was less than enthused. On the rare occasion that Minho actually did visit, it seemed more as a friendly visit than anything though they did still have the physical part of their relationship.

He found himself invited to a party hosted by Minho and Taeyeon and smiled. He had the perfect plan to get Minho's attention back.

~*~

Minho stood uneasily by the door, greeting the guests to his first party. Jonghyun had yet to show up and it made him feel guilty. Jonghyun was probably furious with him, and it hurt Minho. Although, he felt like he deserved it for not spending enough time with Jonghyun lately. So he didn't complain. He'd planned to make it up to Jonghyun that very night, after everyone left. He still loved Jonghyun, after all.

Minho was relieved to see Jonghyun's blue Nissan pull up, but his mouth ran dry when he saw what Jonghyun was wearing. Jonghyun had chosen to wear a skin tight black suit, and he looked deliciously able. And since Minho had seen him last, Jonghyun had had a hairstyle change. His hair was jet black and cut in such a way as to emphasize his cheekbones and highlight his eyes. Jonghyun had gone all out, and Minho knew it.

He smirked widely when he finally reached the entrance to Minho's home.

    "Like what you see, Minnie?" his voice was husky and breathy and all around y-sounding. Minho couldn't bring himself to reply and merely nodded. Jonghyun sauntered away, looking satisfied with himself. He had work to do anyway.

Minho was in the middle of talking to one of his and Taeyeon's couple friends when Jonghyun suddenly brought 2 glasses of champagne to Taeyeon and Minho. He smiled sweetly.

    "Compliments of the caterer, apparently," he said, and Minho believed him. He had no reason to believe Jonghyun would lie to him. He excused himself to "get some fresh air", and sipped slowly at his glass. He was almost outside when the first wave of dizziness hit him. He stumbled out into the back yard, gasping and coughing and clutching his chest. His chest really hurt for some reason, and he couldn't make the pain go away. He fell to his knees.

B-but... what.. ? What happened? Had Jonghyun drugged the champagne...? But.. why? Why would he do that? Minho didn't have an answer. His head was too clouded with pain.

Jonghyun saw the look in Minho's eyes before he'd excused himself, and shivered in excitement. He couldn't wait for Minho to rip the suit off him and just him senseless. It was extremely difficult to hide how impatient he was to get away. He wanted to go outside immediately after Minho, but that would've looked suspicious.

After nearly 10 minutes, and Minho still hadn't come looking for him, Jonghyun frowned. It was unlike Minho to be gone so long, especially at his own party. He excused himself and went to look for Minho outside. He asked around, finding out that Minho had gone out to the back yard.

Without hesitation, he went towards the back of the house. He was starting to have a bad feeling, and he couldn't understand why. He was so sure he'd gotten the order right...

He pushed open the door to the back yard and screamed when he saw Minho's body. He was dead. The glazed over look in Minho's eyes was enough of a tell-tale sign, but Jonghyun went ahead and felt for a pulse anyway to make sure. There was no pulse, not that he had expected one. He started crying when he saw the glass in Minho's hand. It was the one with the red rim, after all. The glass with the cyanide in it. The one that had been meant for Taeyeon.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fear not, my fingers are fine to type by now. XD They're much MUCH better than a week ago. So expect updates for my chaptered fics soon. :> I'm working on them now.

So yeah. Anyway, I wanted this to be darker and more horrific. Buuuuutttt... I feel like I totally failed there. ;~; I don't feel like this is even an okay fic, to be honest. I hope you enjoyed reading it, though. ^.^

(Just in case things weren't very clear, by the way, Jonghyun meant to kill Taeyeon with the poisoned champagne, so he could have Minho's attention all for himself. But he gave Minho the glass with the cyanide in it instead. So Minho's death was an accident.)

~~

Til next time, loves. ^o~ ☺ ♥ ♫