[Jongho] So Cold

[SHINee] One-Shot Collection

I haven't written a one-shot this short since I started posting stuff on AFF, lol. Anyway, I hope you guys like it.~ I was pretty satisfied with myself for this one. :)

Warning: Depicts a form of m-preg. Character death.

_____________________________________________________________________

Minho doesn't think, he just runs. Runs from the sight of the all the horribly mangled dead bodies. His survival instinct has never been so strong, and it pushes him to go faster. He can feel them behind him. There's no warm hand in his. Instead, it's ice cold with fear. The lithe little body beside him reassures that at least he's not the last human left alive. He'd make sure that even if he died, Taemin would live. It was just in his nature, to self-sacrifice. Especially if it was someone he deeply cared about.


But soon, that ice cold hand isn't in his anymore and he stops dead when he hears a scream. He turns to see those monsters, all nasty and dripping with slime, tearing the love of his life apart limb from limb. He doesn't even feel the monsters pick him up. His last emotion before he goes unconscious is wonder, because he can tell they haven't torn him limb from limb. He wishes they had.


When Minho wakes up, he's in a strange cage-like environment. The white on the walls glares back at him and he thinks that if he has to stay there, he'll go insane. He stands up and he realizes he was in a bed. He frowns, because that means they plan on keeping him for an extended period of time.


    "Finally," someone says behind him. Minho quickly turns around to face another human. His surprise must be evident on his face, because the other being sits up and Minho in a breath. He's never seen such a beautiful human face before, and that's saying a lot because Taemin was beautiful than most girls that he'd known. The other being that Minho knows instinctively is human is smirking at him, but his eyes are desperately scared. "I don't think I can take much more of this."


    "W-who are you?" Minho's voice was deeper than usual from disuse. The human stands up and offers a hand.


    "I'm Jonghyun. You?"


    "My name's Minho," there isn't much else said between them, the comfort that they aren't the only humans left alive serving as a balm for frayed nerves. They aren't too sure why they were picked to survive. Minho feels that the reason isn't pleasant. He falls asleep with Jonghyun's shoulder on his head, and his head on top of Jonghyun's.


He wakes up with an ache in his neck and a throbbing lower back. He's not so young that sleeping on the floor doesn't go without punishment anymore. He panics when he realizes Jonghyun isn't in the cage with him. He scrunches in on himself and tries to keep from hyperventilating. That's when he hears screams and he knows that they have to be Jonghyun's. They sound pained. His eyes go wide when he thinks about what they might be doing to Jonghyun. He wills himself to go back to sleep and is surprised when it actually works.


The next time Minho wakes up, Jonghyun is back in the cage with him. His chest is lumpy and misshapen, and Minho is horrified at the bruising. There are crude stitches holding the ripped skin closed, and they look as though they might be getting infected already. Minho crawls over to Jonghyun and cradles him gently, hoping that he doesn't wake him up. But Jonghyun screams as soon as Minho touches him.


    "Shhh, Jonghyun. It's me," Minho breathes, and Jonghyun quiets down. He gently tries to move Jonghyun into a sitting position, but Jonghyun shakes his head furiously.


    "Don't Minho. It hurts to move," tears leak out of his eyes and Minho instead just puts Jonghyun's head on his lap. "They.. poked around in my organs. I think they might have put something inside of me, because I can feel it growing inside of me. It moves." Jonghyun sounded scared, and Minho did all he could to soothe the fears of a guy he hadn't met 2 days ago. Or was it more? He was never sure because there wasn't a way to tell time in their prison.


Minho doesn't realize he fell asleep until he wakes up strapped to a cold table that feels like a mixture of granite and metal. He screams when the slimy bastards rip him open. He can feel everything they do to him, and it's not pleasant. Their eyes seem so gleeful. Before he loses consciousness, Minho feels them start to rearrange his organs. He guesses they're about to do the same thing to him that they did to Jonghyun.


He wakes up and Jonghyun is staring at him from across the room. His chest feels lumpy, and he feels his heart beat in an odd position. He tries to sit up and gasps when his stitches protest. He feels something moving in his stomach area, and he freaks out. Tears start to leak out of his eyes, but he doesn't sob. Minho never makes a sound when he cries.


The next day, Minho feels oddly peaceful about the outcome of things. He chalks it up to the being that moves inside him and sits up. He doesn't feel any sort of pain, and when he looks down, he's astonished to see that he has a scar on his chest and nothing more. Jonghyun is sitting next to him, running his fingers though Minho's hair unconsciously. Before he even realizes what he's doing, his lips are pressed to Jonghyun's. Minho supposes it's because he's glad they're alive and not dead. Things could be worse, after all.


Jonghyun's lips respond, and suddenly their clothing has been discarded. Minho has done this hundreds of times with Taemin, and the thought brings a sting to his heart. But he has no time to grieve when Jonghyun lowers himself onto Minho's . The tightness around him tells Minho that this is Jonghyun's first time. He makes sure to be gentle, because he doesn't want to hurt Jonghyun or the life form inside him.


After about a month (it might be more but Minho is never sure of the time passed because he has no way to tell time), Minho realizes he might be in love with Jonghyun. At any rate, when Jonghyun disappears out of his sight, he panics and starts to cry. He knows Jonghyun does the same when he's alone because when Minho comes back, Jonghyun has tear stains on his perfect cheeks.
Their stomachs are so large they can't even really walk. Minho knows that it doesn't mean anything good, because he can sense the restlessness of the life inside him. The thing is ready to be free already, and instinctually Minho realizes neither he or Jonghyun are meant to survive the process of removal. They were merely hosts. The thought is not as alarming as it probably should be. At least they'll be together when it all ends.


Jonghyun's pain starts first. Then, after about an hour, Minho's stomach starts to hurt as well. He crawls over to Jonghyun, because he senses that the end is about to start. Jonghyun clasps onto his hand tightly, and Minho starts screaming when he sees claws through Jonghyun's stomach. He looks down to his own stomach and sees the same thing happening to him too. He sees the thing crawling out of his stomach, and he shudders in disgust. It's hideously ugly, and he doesn't see how he ever could've loved something like that. It's slimy and gooey, obviously one of their young.


    "I'm sorry," he whispers to the already dead man beside him, and closes his eyes in defeat.

____________________________________________________________________

Oh my god, it's so weird how happy I am with this fic. xDD I feel like such a sadist for it.

I love Breaking Benjamin, and this was actually based off the first song I ever heard by them, So Cold. :) I've loved it since I was 12 and I'm pretty sure it will be one of my favorite songs until I die. I guess this was sort of my tribute to them.

~~

Til next time, loves. ^o~ ♥♥