[Jongyu] Pretty Woman

[SHINee] One-Shot Collection

I fail so hard at writing fluff, because this was originally a ball of fluff (and I was even listening to bubbly music, like Gee by SNSD and Bubble Pop by HyunA). D: And angst crept in. It's still a little less angsty than usual for me, so maybe it's still  fluff? I don't know and I really don't give a . XD

Oh well. I hope RockaChocolate likes this anyway. ^.^

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Jonghyun knew for a fact that he had a good life. He had graduated from high school with a mostly B average, but he did get some As too. He knew what he wanted to do with his life, and his parents were proud of him when he told them he was enrolling as a business major at his local university. He had to know how to carry on his parent's bakery, after all. He figured it wouldn't be too hard, since he knew most of it from working in the shop for years, anyway.


It had been a couple of years since then, and his parents had passed away. It made him redouble his efforts to learn how to manage a business. And like he'd predicted, it wasn't too hard. He was good with numbers from a young age.


That day hadn't been particularly busy for the bakery, mostly the morning rush. Then the crowd coming by for a snack after school. There were always high school girls convinced they were going to grow up and marry him. He laughed and flirted with them, but he didn't have the heart to let them down. He wasn't taken, but he knew early in his high school years that girls would never interest him. They never had.


Jonghyun didn't pay any attention to the person who entered, he merely uttered a routine  greeting. He was busy tidying up the ovens and counters from his baking, getting ready to close up shop. He looked up when he heard the bell at the register chime. His eyes widened at the sheepish looking boy in front of him. He didn't usually get such... rough looking customers. He smiled.


    "What can I get you?" the boy scratched the back of his neck and his face was red with embarrassment.


    "Uhmm.. well, that is.. Do you possibly have pecan tarts?" Jonghyun smiled wider.


    "As a matter of fact, we do. How many do you want? They're kinda small," he offered as an explanation when he saw the boy's eyes blink comically.


    "Just 3, I guess," his voice was softer and Jonghyun almost didn't hear him. He busied himself gathering them in a bag and when he placed them on the counter, he looked up to see the boy looking even more sheepish. "I.. uhm. Don't have any cash money with me."


Jonghyun sighed and rolled his eyes. He didn't get too many of those kinds of customers, but he got them the same as every other businessman in the district. He should've just told the kid to get out as soon as he saw the outfit. But then again, Jonghyun had always been too soft-hearted, in his own opinion.


    "I can pay you in another way, though," Jonghyun was startled beyond words when the boy came behind the counter and started rubbing their bodies close together. He couldn't deny that he was getting more , and he let out a soft gasp when the boy's hand brushed against the hardening bulge in his pants. But when he looked up and into the boy's eyes, he freaked out at the empty lustful gaze. He shoved the boy away instinctually, yelling out that he had a boyfriend already and closed his eyes. He tried to calm his heartbeat down and sighed in relief when it went back to normal.


    "They're free," the boy was paused at the door, staring at Jonghyun cautiously. "They were gonna get thrown out after closing anyway, since they're not fresh." He smiled encouragingly at the boy who looked hopeful. "Seriously, it's okay. I'm not mad, I promise. I was just a little startled." The boy sat down at one of the small tables and Jonghyun brought the pecan tarts to him. He sat across from the boy.


    "Jinki," the boy finally said. "My name's Jinki." Jonghyun pointed to his nametag.


    "I'm sure you can guess my name," he got a smile out of Jinki for his response. Jinki looked around hopefully, looking at the coffee pot half full of coffee longingly. Jonghyun mentally smacked himself for not thinking of something to drink. He got up and poured 2 cups, one for himself and one for Jinki. He sat the cup down in front of Jinki and earned himself an even bigger smile. "That coffee's a little strong for most of my customer's tastes, so it would've been thrown out later too."


They sat in an oddly comfortable silence while Jonghyun drank his cup of not-quite-so-strong-as-he-said-it-was coffee. He'd always been too nice for his own good. He looked at his watch, realizing it was past closing time. Then he realized it wasn't a big deal. It wasn't like he had anything to go home to anyway.


    "Your boyfriend's a lucky guy," Jinki whispered, and Jonghyun blushed with the praise, though he wasn't sure if he'd been meant to hear or not.


~


    "Minho, I'm telling you it was weird," Jonghyun whined. He was being dragged along to eat lunch with his friends from college, though he protested that he had work to do. "Oh and don't be mad, but... I kinda used you as my imaginary boyfriend." Jonghyun had to dodge the mock punch thrown in his direction.


    "Key's gonna kill you, you know. He thinks he owns me or something, I swear," Minho replied. "And about your freeloader.. You were the one who declined the . Even though I don't blame you. Stares like that just go right through you." Minho shuddered in disgust, and Jonghyun nodded. "What are you going to do?" That was something he hadn't given much thought. He paused for a few moments.


    "Well, it's not like I'm gonna see him any more anyway. So I don't see why I should devote more of my thoughts to something that will never happen again," Jonghyun nodded, satisfied with his answer. Minho just shook his head, not answering Jonghyun's loud comments.


But Jonghyun did see Jinki again. At least twice a month. He never had money, so it was always "Oh, they were going to get thrown out anyway" and "Yep. The coffee was a little too strong today, too." Jonghyun knew Jinki was embarrassed about his lack of money, but he never asked. He had been raised to be far politer than that.


He figured that Jinki was some sort of e, and sometimes he came in looking like one, like he was about to go to work. Tight jeans that showed off a prominent bulge, and a usually too-small shirt that showed off his torso. Jonghyun was secretly glad that on those days Jinki didn't stay long. His self-control could only take so many hits. And Jinki just looked so able.


Jonghyun groaned aloud and banged his head against the counter in frustration. This wasn't his first of the day. And Jinki was due for a visit, too. His life was ed. He didn't look up when the bell above the door chimed. He knew who it was by the tone of voice. He had been hoping that Jinki wouldn't show up that day, that he'd wait until the next day. Maybe he was being punished for having such sinful thoughts.


    "Something wrong?" Jonghyun didn't understand how such a innocent voice belonged to a e, and someone older than him to boot.


    "Nothing, just a kinda busy day," his reply was muffled into the counter top. He heard Jinki chuckle, and then he heard a chair scrape against the floor. At least he wouldn't be able to see Jonghyun's obvious hard-on from the chair. He went and sat across from Jinki, not bothering to grab himself some coffee. He studied the features that he'd come to know so well.


Small eyes that already, at age 23, had laugh lines around them. Full lips that Jonghyun could just imagine around his ... He mentally smacked himself and moved on. Jinki had cheekbones most girls would've died to have. His nose was turned up at the edge, just a little. All in all, he had rather girly features but Jonghyun didn't mind.


    "Why're you staring? You know I'd give you a freebie~," Jonghyun would've choked on coffee at the statement, but he didn't have any. So instead, he choked on air and started coughing.


    "Minho would kill you. You know that," Jinki's initial amused smile turned into a frown at Jonghyun's slightly panicked reply. Jonghyun didn't know exactly why he kept the lie up. Minho certainly wasn't his boyfriend, and if Key ever found out that Jonghyun was telling someone otherwise... He inwardly shuddered at Key's imagined response. It wouldn't be pretty, that's for sure.


    "Minho sounds kinda possessive...," Jinki trailed off, and Jonghyun felt bad for making Jinki sad.


    "He is," Jonghyun admitted. "But it's okay. I don't mind it." Jinki chuckled.


    "You don't mind much anything do you, Jonghyun?" Jonghyun detected a fair amount of bitterness in Jinki's voice. "Why can't we ? Just once. Minho doesn't have to know." His head snapped up and he stared at Jinki with wide eyes.


    "N-no. Absolutely not. I-I -can't- do that to him, why--," Jonghyun was cut off by Jinki's lips. He freaked out when he saw the empty lustful gaze that Jinki was giving him and he bit down on the tongue in his mouth to try to get Jinki off of him. "No no no," Jonghyun repeated the word like a prayer, and he thought maybe Jinki realized how bad he'd just screwed up. "Get out." Jonghyun's words were loud, even though his voice was soft. Jinki's eyes widened.


    "Wait. Jonghyun I'm so--" "GET OUT," Jonghyun yelled loudly, ignoring Jinki's apology. He refused to meet Jinki's eyes, afraid that he'd cave in and apologize for something he knew wasn't his fault. Jonghyun decided to talk to Key about it, since he couldn't make sense of what him and Jinki had anymore.


~


    "First. Minho is mine," Key glared at Jonghyun. "But I guess I can let it slide, since there was a good reason. Second, intimacy issues much? Seriously, Jjong. Have your other boyfriends got past kissing with you?" Jonghyun blushed at the question, but was stunned. He had never realized it, but it was true. He freaked and broke up with his boyfriends when they tried to get in his pants. "That's what I thought, though in this instance your issue was a good thing. He's a e, right? Not your best choice, Jjong. And don't even deny that you like him, because when you talk about him it's clear as day."


Jonghyun spluttered. How was it that his best friend noticed it and he wasn't even technically involved in the situation? He sighed, and put his head in his hands. Maybe ignorance had been better, after all. It sure seemed that way because of the things he found he didn't want to hear.


    "What am I going to do?" Key scoffed.


    "Find someone real to replace your fake boyfriend. Obviously. Because, and let's be real here, you and Jinki would never work. You know that as much as I do. Real life rarely (pfffft, read never) winds up like Pretty Woman. But lucky for you I know someone who's available and looking," sometimes, Jonghyun really hated how blunt Key was. He knew he'd appreciate it later, but right now it stung. He hung his head.


    "What's his name?" Key clapped his hands.


    "His name is Joon, and if he's not the most adorkable human being that ever lived," Key went on and on, but Jonghyun didn't hear a word. He only caught 'date' and 'tonight' so he figured Key was setting him up on a date with Joon. "Yah, Jonghyun! Did you hear me?" He looked up at Key.


    "Sorry?" Key rolled his eyes.


    "I said, he'll be by your house around 8pm to pick you up for your date. And Jjong... wear something nice," oh crap, he wasn't used to fancy dinners. He was instantly nervous, though the date was hours away. Jonghyun knew for certain that he'd stress the whole time. He groaned. More stress, just what he needed.


7:30pm found Jonghyun pacing in front of his door, nervously plucking at the buttons on his nicest shirt.  Jeans weren't too informal, right? Damn, he should just go change into some nice khakis. He was headed to his bedroom when he heard a knock on his front door. He let out a string of curses. He was still swearing when he opened the door to reveal Jinki. Stupidly, he stood there staring at the bouquet in Jinki's outstretched hand. He took it robotically, and gestured for Jinki to come in. It was silent until they reached the living room.


    "Where's Minho?" there was definitely bitterness in Jinki's voice.


    "He has his own apartment. But besides that, I broke it off today. We were better as friends," Jinki raised an eyebrow. "Was there something you came to say? I'm kinda expecting someone..." Jonghyun knew it was rude to say, but he was stressed out and extremely nervous. Jinki expression was unreadable.


    "I just.. wanted to say sorry. I don't get turned down, especially when it's free," he tried to joke, but Jonghyun didn't smile. "I also wanted to ask why."


    "I have issues," was Jonghyun's answer. "Besides, we would never work Jinki. I'm insecure as it is when I'm in a relationship. But to know my boyfriend is cheating on me every night... I couldn't handle that." Jinki nodded, as though he expected that answer. He probably had.


    "I could change," his answer was quiet, and muffled by a knock at the door. Jonghyun looked at Jinki before sighing.


    "That's probably my date for tonight. My friend Key set us up," Jonghyun didn't have to look to see the hurt on Jinki's face. "I'll see you later?" He sort-of asked, and Jinki didn't answer. Jonghyun was disheartened. He opened the door and had the breath knocked out of him. Joon stood there with his hands behind his back, and Jonghyun mentally cursed Key in his head.


    "Key didn't tell me you were so y," he blurted out before he could stop himself and Joon busted out laughing.


    "And Key didn't tell me you were so forward," Joon's eyes raked up and down Jonghyun's form, and he was instantly uncomfortable. "We could just skip the date and uh, get it on right now." Jonghyun clammed up. He shut his eyes. Not again.


    "Don't even think about it," Jinki spoke up. "He's spoken for." Jinki slammed the door in Joon's face. Jonghyun hadn't even realized Jinki was still there. "Your friend Key isn't a very good judge of character, is he?"


    "I don't think he knew about Joon," Jonghyun said quietly, not looking at Jinki. He was fiddling with the hem of his shirt. "Key wouldn't have even suggested it if he knew Joon was like that. Especially since he helped me figure out some things."


    "What did you mean by issues, Jonghyun?" Jonghyun sighed. He still didn't look up.


    "I have intimacy issues. I freak out at the mention of ... That's another reason we'd never work. I doubt I could ever give you what you want," Jinki sat down next to Jonghyun.


    "You're the only person who showed me any kindness, Jonghyun. Not my clients, not my teachers... Not even my parents," Cautiously, Jinki grabbed Jonghyun's hand. "I could get a different job, Jonghyun, if it really bothers you. You make me want to be a better person. So, if nothing else, thank you for that." Jonghyun finally looked up at Jinki.


    "It really doesn't bother you?" Jinki shook his head.


    "No," Jonghyun decided then and there that Key could shove it. He and Jinki could work after all. Even if it wasn't like Pretty Woman.

________________________________________________________________________________________

There you are, you Jongyu shippers. :>

Seriously, though, Pretty Woman is a good movie if you've never seen it. Really awesome chick flick. :D

~~

Til next time, loves. ^o~  ☺ ♥ ♫