XIII: Love Hate

Choi Minho Must Die

Minho didn’t know what to do as Sulli cheerfully hugged an unfamiliar guy. When he realized that they were hugging for a long time, he cleared his throat loudly to interrupt them.

“Ah,” Sulli released his hug and snickered. “Minho, this is Kai, my childhood friend. Kai, this is Minho, my… boyfriend.”

Minho just stood there with a blank face. Kai offered his hand to him, but it took him seconds before he decided to shake it. Minho shook Kai’s hand strongly. Kai just laughed awkwardly as he released his hand forcefully.

“It’s been a while, Kai!” Sulli said as she put her arm on Kai’s shoulder.

“Well, I left the school when we were in middle school. You’re all grown up now and you look beautiful than ever,” Kai complimented Sulli. Minho looked around, avoiding seeing them two conversing.

Sulli blushed and said, “Well, you too! You’re so attractive now!”

Attractive, my , Minho thought.

“So, you’re saying I’m not attractive before?” Kai asked. They just guffawed while Minho is standing by their side, staring at them.

 

Sulli and Kai continued walking and chatting. Because they missed a lot on each other, they almost forgot that Minho is with them. Minho just followed them at their back.

“Do you want to ride the Ferris wheel?” Kai asked Sulli.

“I’d love to,” Sulli answered delightfully.

‘Aish. It seems like she’s only afraid of the rollercoaster. I thought she didn’t want to go to any ride anymore. Pabo, Minho!’ Minho thought.

“Is it okay for you, Minho?” Sulli asked. Minho just nodded and avoided their stare.

 

They all rode the Ferris wheel. Minho seated beside Sulli, while Kai is in front of them.

“Kai, where do you attend school now?” Sulli questioned as the Ferris wheel started moving.

“Ah! Recently, my parents and I went back here from France. They say that I’ll just continue my high school here,” Kai explained. “We decided that I’ll go to Seoul High School for Music and Arts.”

Sulli and Minho’s eyes widened. “Omo! That’s where we go to!” Sulli exclaimed.

Out of all the schools, why in our school? Minho thought. “I guess we’ll get to see each other more often,” Minho said flatly.

“What’s your chosen field?” Sulli asked excitingly. It can be seen on Sulli’s eyes how thrilled she is to see Kai on their school.

“I chose the music field,” Kai answered.

“Ah! Minho and I are both in the fine arts field,” Sulli shared. Kai looked at the both of them and smirked. There had been a long awkward silence.

“How long have you been two, guys?” Kai asked to disrupt the awkward feeling. Sulli bit her lower lip and looked out of the window.

“It’s been a week,” Minho proudly said as he held Sulli’s hand. Sulli was surprised on Minho’s move, but she quickly hid it and just smiled at him.

“Wow, you’re just a new couple? I do hope your relationship lasts!” Kai optimistically said.

 

Before they knew it, the ride ended. They got off the Ferris wheel and continued roaming around the park. Just like what happened earlier, Kai and Sulli both updated themselves with each other, while Minho is at their back, staring at them.

Kai’s phone rang. He grabbed it from his pocket and answered the call. After a while, he ended the call and faced Minho and Sulli.

“Sulli, Minho, sorry. I need to go now because we’re going to have a family dinner later,” he apologized. “Nevertheless, enjoy your date. Sorry for interrupting.”

“No, it’s okay,” Sulli said thoughtfully. Kai waved his hand, and so did Sulli and Minho.

When Kai was far from them already, Minho furiously said, “What was that?”

Sulli was bewildered and uttered, “What ‘what was that’?”

“You’re going mushy with him,” Minho mumbled as he avoided her look.

Sulli squinted her eyes and smirked. She got closer to Minho and said, “You’re jealous, huh?”

“Me? Jealous to that guy? No way,” Minho said as he looked at her and tittered.

“Oh, you’re just jealous,” Sulli teasingly said as she continued walking, but Minho just stayed in his place.

“Well you, too! You’re so attractive now!” Minho mocked Sulli’s remark to Kai a while ago. Sulli stopped and looked back. He glared at Minho and walked towards him.

“That’s not how I said it!” Sulli exclaimed. Minho just laughed hard and continued mocking her other remarks.

Sulli was completely irritated, but she still teased Minho, “You’re just doing that because you’re jealous of Kai.”

“Why would I be jealous of him? You’re my girlfriend,” Minho proudly said. Sulli wanted to punch him as Minho continued mocking her, but Minho just laughed and ran away from her.

Sulli chased him. “You’re going to regret what you’ve done when I get you,” she jokingly said. They ran around like the other kids in the park. It was nothing but fun for them.

“Let’s stop. L-l-let’s stop now… Sorry,” he cackled as he panted. They’re both tired from running. Sulli looked and ran towards him. He punched him in the arm. Minho screamed in pain.

“Don’t do that again,” Sulli threatened him. She laughed and Minho laughed afterwards. “I’m thirsty. Let’s go buy some water.”

They bought water from the vending machine and drank it. Minho looked up the sky.

“The sun’s setting,” Minho said in surprise. He checked the time and it’s already 5:30PM. “Do you want to go home now?”

Sulli nodded and uttered, “I had fun.” They both smiled at each other as they exited the amusement park.

They took a bus home. Sulli was so tired that she fell asleep. Her head fell on Minho’s shoulder. Minho smiled as he let Sulli’s head stay on his shoulder.

Minutes passed, the bus stopped. Minho woke up Sulli and they went down. They walked until they reached Sulli’s house.

“Thank you,” Sulli mumbled. “Sorry if I made you jealous,” Sulli teasingly said and laughed softly.

“I’m not jealous,” Minho said as he laughed. “Thank you, too,” he added as he Sulli’s hair. They stood in front of Sulli’s house for a while and stared at each other’s faces, smiling.

“Minho,” Sulli murmured. “S-s-saranghae.” She kissed Minho on his right cheek and smiled at him afterwards. She quickly opened the door and went inside their house.

When Sulli closed the door, she stayed in her place for a minute. Eottoke? Eottoke? I think I fell in love with him, Sulli thought. She bit her lower lip because of her confusion and went inside her room directly.

Minho is still in front of Sulli’s house, smiling and still in cloud nine.