XI: Frustrations

Choi Minho Must Die

 

“Jinri and Taemin, how’s your performance in school so far?” my father asked as we ate our dinner.

 

“It’s been good,” I answered. Taemin nodded.

“They better be. Your mother and I are working hard to enroll you two in a prestigious music and arts school,” he exclaimed.

We all became silent after that as we all had deep thoughts in mind. The TV is the only thing that’s loud during that time. When we’re all finished, my mother cleaned the table and I helped her wash the dishes.

After I washed the dishes, I proceeded to my room and just lied down on my bed.

I’ve been thinking of what I’ve done in school for the past two weeks. It’s like I’ve been focusing more on Krystal’s plan than my studies. The ‘exam day’ is in months and if I don’t step up to my game, I might not end up to my desired university.

If ever I got the role for the upcoming musical, it’s another work for me. But, I realized, I can do all of these if I can balance them.

Then, Minho’s face popped out of my mind. I remembered what he had done earlier. He’s quite a gentleman, I thought.

Ani, ani, I thought. I covered my face with my pillow and pressed it on my face. Slowly, my eyes began to close. I’m tired, I thought.

 

~

 

The sound of the alarm woke me up. I opened my eyes, still feeling sleepy, and grabbed my phone from the side table to turn the alarm off. I stood up and prepared myself for school.

 

~

 

I saw Minho waiting in front of the classroom. I walked towards the door.

“Sulli!” he yelled. I turned and smiled at him. He walked towards and smirked at me. “I’m sorry if I’ve been too insistent yesterday. I just want to spend more time with you.”

“It’s alright, Minho. I’m sorry, too, if I’ve been awkward with you yesterday,” I said as I looked at him, apologetic.

“It’s fine,” he smiled. “Let’s just start over again, shall we?” I nodded in reply as we both entered the classroom.

Aside from me not really falling in love with him, I think another reason that probably made us awkward yesterday is that I never had any relationships before. This is, technically, my first relationship even though it’s just for a show.

 

~

 

 The bell rang. Time to go home now, I thought. I was fixing my bag when Minho approached me on my desk. Krystal quickly went out of the classroom without bidding goodbye to me.

“You want to go out on Saturday?” he asked me in a direct manner. I stopped fixing my bag. I got surprised. “It’s going to be our first date,” he snickered.

“Don’t we have pile of works for our subjects? Plus, I think I’m flunking Math and Science,” I answered shyly. I continued fixing my bag, as I was reluctant to decline his suggestion.

“Is that so? I’ll tutor you,” he suggested. I looked at him. He seemed sincere on his words. If a top student like him will tutor me, then it does not hurt to date him just once, right?

“Is that okay for you? I mean, you have soccer practices and I might just be a hindrance to you,” I confirmed. He shook his head.

“Ani, we only have practices on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I can also handle myself in my studies. The lessons and plates are a piece of cake to me,” he winked and chuckled.

I’ve thought of it for a while. When I’ve come to my decision, I smiled and nodded at him.

“Is that a yes?” he confirmed. I nodded and giggled. He grinned at me but had a troubled face all of a sudden.

“I still haven’t got your phone number yet,” he said as I realized it, too.

He grabbed his phone and gave it to me. I typed in my number and gave it to him. He typed something after and my phone vibrated. I checked it and it was an unknown number who texted.

“That’s my number. Save it,” he uttered and tittered. I quickly saved his number and named it “Frog.” I laughed in my mind and hid my phone. “Let’s go now.”

I stood up from my seat and went out of the classroom with him. We went downstairs and went out of the school together. He stopped at the front gate of the school.

“I’ll just wait for the car here. Goodbye,” he smiled and waved his hand at me. “Take care,” he added.

My heart throbbed faster than the usual and my face got red. Again? I quickly waved my hand at him without turning my face at him and ran.

Why am I being like this? Do I like Minho? Aish! This is becoming more frustrating!