Umbrella

To Husband, From Wife

 

 

Carefully, Sunggyu put some of his books in the locker and closed it. He stared at his locker blankly while his mind was thinking about the letter he received just now. That was the last letter he got until now and... no more. Is she mad at me? Damn. I hate making girl upset. He shut his eyes and released a small sigh.

 

“Hyung, gwenchana?” someone tapped his shoulder, slightly made him jumped in surprised. He spun around and there Woohyun was, smiling sheepishly while rubbing the back of his neck. “Mianhe. I didn’t mean to,” he apologized.

Sunggyu nodded and gazed at him, still dumfounded. “Neh. Gwenchana. Why are you here? I thought all of you had went back home?” He looked at the younger, tilting his head.

“Yeah, they had but I have football practise today, so I stay. And one more thing.” Woohyun stopped and searched something in his bag. Sunggyu waited for him patiently. He smiled as he found the thing he was looking for. “Here your letter! Dongwoo hyung found it on your table. Maybe you forgot to take it.” He handed him a white envelope, written, to Kim Sunggyu.

Sunggyu was speechless. Just now he was thinking about her, and now, she gave him a letter. She sure knew what was playing on his mind. He took the letter from Woohyun and noticed it had been opened. He narrowed his eyes to him. “Did you open my letter, Woo?”

 

He smiled idiotly. “Mianhe, hyung!” with that, he quickly runaway, leaving the older alone. As Woohyun felt he was far enough from Sunggyu, he stopped and turned around. “Hyung!” he shouted. His voice echoed all over the hallway. “There’s nothing written on that letter. I think, Dongwoo Hyung just wanted to prank you! HAHA.” Finishing his last sentence, he continued to runaway.

Sunggyu rolled his eyes and shook his head. “It isn’t a prank. It is just, I’m special,” he whispered to himself and began to open the letter.

 

 

Dear husband,

I don’t want to sulk with you anymore. It wasn’t worth at all. So, let’s just make a deal? All you have to do is, listen to me. That’s all. Do you know how much I love you? More than you could imagine. More than I love myself.

 

Honey, please go home now. Now now now. And, leave your umbrella in front of Vocal Class.

You won’t disobey me again, right? You won’t make me disappointed on you again, right? If you won’t, I’ll be very glad. Very glad. Go back home now! Take care, I love you.

 

 

Lots of love,

Your wife.

 

 

 

His lips curled up, forming a soft smile. He folded the letter and slipped it in his pocket. Yes, I won’t disappoint you. Not again. He walked happily to Vocal Class on the first floor and left his umbrella as how the wife told him so. He then, went back home, feeling satisfied.

 

-  -  -  -  -  -  -

 

 

“Vocal Class dismiss.” The teacher announced and rolled her eyes to Taeyeon, sending her a cold shiver. She lowered her head in embarrassment. Mrs. Choi walked out from the class and slammed the door close hardly, making the students jumped a bit. As she had gone from their sights, they quickly went to Taeyeon and bombarded her with a lot of concern questions.

 

“Taeyeon-ah, gwenchana?”

“Aigooo, Mrs. Choi shouldn’t slap you. Who did she think she is?!”

“Taeyeon-ah, why were your voice cracked just now?”

“Taeyeon-ah, are you sick?”

 

Most of the questions probably came from her fanboys. Tiffany scoffed, feeling a little annoyed with their questions. Of course, Taeyeon wasn’t okay. Yet, they still asked the same things. Stupid. She cursed.

 

“Yah, leave her alone! Give her some space to breathe, you jerk!” Jessica yelled and the boys back off. She and Tiffany then went nearer to Taeyeon and hugged her shoulder dearly.

“What’s wrong with you?” Tiffany was the first one to ask. She may sound firm but deep in her heart, she was worried about her best friend. “You never failed on high note. Why today?”

‘Shut up.’ Jessica mouthed at her. Her attention then back to their sorrowful friend. She rubbed Taeyeon’s shoulders softly. “Tell us, Tae. What’s wrong? Don’t worry, it’s only the three of us here.” She smiled at Taeyeon, convincing her that she can trust them. Of course, she can. They were her best friend.

 

Taeyeon lips became heavy just to speak a few words. The scene where the guy she secretly loved with another girl, played back on her mind. Unstopable. “Kang Haenim...” finally, she spoke. “That Kang Haenim...”

Tiffany and Jessica looked at each other. “That new student in Sunggyu’s class?” Tiffany pointed out. Hearing that name, that Sunggyu’s name, she began to cry. The two girls became panic, seeing their friend was crying like hell. “No, no! Don’t cry, girl. Tell me, what’s up with that new girl?” Tiffany grew impatient.

 

Her lips trembled. “ I hate her.”

 

-  -  -  -  -  -  -

 

 

After an hour having a heart to heart talk, they decided to finish this mess up by facing Haenim, on the next day. They had planned something on Haenim. Oh, poor girl Haenim.

 

“I think, you should go back first, Tae.” Jessica smiled.

“You two?”

“We have to practise some more. We weren’t born to have such a gifted voice like you.” Tiffany added, mocking her. Taeyeon pouted and slapped her shoulder playfully, caused her to whine.

“All right, see you tomorrow,” she said and packed her things up. She stood up and bid a goodbye to her friends before stepping out from the room.

 

She closed the door behind her slowly and her eyes stuck on a big window, located on her left. She sighed and bit her bottom lip. It’s raining out there. How am I suppose to go back? She looked around and her eyes caught something.

 

 

An umbrella.

 

 

She bent down and took it. It looked very familiar but she can’t remember exactly where she used to see this umbrella. She observed it again and her eyes widen. Isn't this... Sunggyu’s?