This is Your Future [Part 1]

To Husband, From Wife

 

 

Secrets by secrets were revealed, intentionally making his heart broke apart. He saw how his life will be definitely different without Haenim’s letters. He mentally blamed her for all the changes she made towards his life. It was torturing him, deeply.

Haenim was shot with guiltiness when he saw Sunggyu frowned as he watched how he and herself were having a delighted discussion about their Mathematics Club. Without the letter, Sunggyu and her was going to join the same club for their school co-curiculum.

 

Sunggyu held his tear from falling. The fact was too cruel for him. “I don’t believe that you love me.” He simply jumped into the conclusion. Hearing his words made Haenim startled. That one sentence was sharper than a sword and it hurt her badly.

She shook her head eagerly and hugged him. “No! If I don’t love you, I won’t bother to give you those letters.” She sobbed loudly on his chest. She stared deeply in his eyes. “I show you. I show you our future. Our unlucky future.”

 

 

<<<<<>>>>> 

 

 

“Ottoke?” Haenim lowered her head and wiped her tears.

 

Sunggyu gazed at her and sighed heavily. “He is quite popular in the school. Once he likes people, he’s going to get her no matter what. Even if the methods he uses will hurt other people or the girl he likes.” He was describing Jongin, the kingka of their school who had confessed his feeling to Haenim during the recess time just now.

 

Hearing his words made her body stiffened in fear. She can’t imagine that Jongin was willing to do anything to get her. She wasn’t ready to play a role as Geum Jandi in Boys Over Flower. She wasn’t ready. Mentally and physically. “Then, what should I do?”

 

“Maybe, you should accept him and try to love him.” Sunggyu nodded, satisfied with the answer he gave. “There must be a good thing behind th-”

“But, I love someone else.”

He was speechless. Their eyes were locked on each other. “I love someone else. Very much.”

Sunggyu dared himself to ask.“Whom?” And on that time, he was hoping her to mention his name.

She gulped. Now, or this chance will never ever come back to your life, Kang Haenim. She whispered to herself. She took a deep breath and stared deeply at him. “Sunggyu-ah, I really like you.”

 

The confession was pure and innocent which made Sunggyu lost. He was drowned in happiness but remained emotionless.

 

Looking at her crush who gave no respond, she assumed it as a rejection. She sighed, inaudible. “I know you don’t share the same feeling-”

“Says who?”

 

And that, how their puppy love story began.

 

<<<<<>>>>> 

F A S T   F O R W A R D 

 

Started from that moment, they were officially in relationship. People adored them and blessed them, except for some peoples. Nah, haters were like a germ. Harmful but everywhere can be found. Taeyeon began to back off. She accepted the fate that Sunggyu wasn’t destined for her. But the impact showed from herself was negative. She was a heartbreaker who loved to play and dump guys like trash.

 

Now, they both were studying in the same college. Imagine, since high school they were together. This is love.

 

While Haenim and Sunggyu, they were so sweet that they can make other people suffered from diabetes. Too sweet. “Omma and appa keep asking when are you going to visit them again?” Sunggyu pouted and crossed his arms on his stomach. Haenim tilted her head and puffed her cheek.

 

“Later, I will come and I bring a lot of ddukbokki.”

He smiled. “You sure know how to win my parent’s hearts, huh?” he stood in front of her, blocking her path and pinched her fluffy cheeks. Haenim whined in pain but was ignored by Sunggyu. “You don’t have any idea how much I love you.” He leaned closer and kissed her nose with a smile plastered on his face.

 

“You liar. I saw you flirting with Woohyun, last week.” She pretended to be mad.

“Woo is just too attractive that I can’t resist him.” They were clearly joking with each other and the poor Woohyun as the main topic. “Why? Are you feel challenged with his beauty?”

And this time, Haenim’s face changed. “Then go to him!” she stomped her foot and fastened her pace, leaving Sunggyu, dumfounded. The other students in the campus were looking at them weirdly, but they had been used to it.

He chased her and grabbed her wrist softly. She stopped and spun around, gazing at him with her furious face. He shook his head slowly. “Never. You’re way prettier than him. In fact, you’re the most prettiest girl I’ve ever met. And... I want to tell you something,” he said and slipped his hand in his pocket.

 

On that moment, the other students started to gather around them, watching the romantic scene of Mr. Hamster and Ms. Butterfly. That were their nicknames.

Haenim’s eyes never left Sunggyu even for a second. She gasped in surprised when he knelt in front of her with a small heart box which inside it was no other than a ring. Her heart skipped. The crowd awed of his bravery.

 

“I can’t stand anymore when other guys keep staring at you. To stop them, I have to annouce to every soul that you’re mine. And to do that, will you marry me?” His eyes were shining of sincerity and love. Haenim bit her bottom lip.

She didn’t need anyone to shout at her to accept Sunggyu because she mentally had said ‘Yes’. “Yes. Yes, I do!”

 

<<<<<>>>>> 

 

F A S T   F O R W A R D

 

2 YEARS LATER...

 

Lazy Saturday. Free from works, free from problems, full of love. What a pleasant feeling. Sunggyu was in his deep slumber but was interrupted when something pecking his lips continuously. He opened his eyes a little and he knew whose the mischievous one that did it. “Haenim, geumanhae.” He spoke softly.

Being a stubborn girl she was, she didn’t bother to hear him and kept giving a peck on his lips. Sunggyu wasn’t mad nor annoyed. He was just scared they might end up their weekend on the bed, kissing each other like last week. The main cause of that incident to happen was, his dearest wife.

 

His eyes shot opened and he rolled his body, making him on top of her. He leaned his forehead on hers while his arms were at the both side of her face. “You’re seducing me silently, huh, Kim Haenim?”

She giggled and ruffled his already messy hair. “Good morning, honey!” She beamed happily. “Remember, I have to go for a check-up today?” she reminded him.

 

Sunggyu sighed. “But, I had planned to go for a date with you. Can we just cancel it? Buing buing.” He made his failed aegyo. Haenim laughed and pushed him softly, setting herself free from him.

She stood up from the bed and stretched her body. “The check-up will end as soon as possible. Then, we can have our date.”

He stood up too and gave her a warm back-hug. “All right.”

 

-  -  -  -  -  -

 

 

“What? Stop kidding with me, Dr. Wu.” She laughed sarcastically. But, it sounded more to she was hiding her fear.

He shook his head. “ I’m not kidding, Haenim-sshi. This thing is not a joke.”

Haenim fell silent. She was having a bad mental breakdown right now that she couldn’t think anything properly. “But... But, isn’t there any way to cure my illness?” she began to cry.

 

“No. Your illness is like an inheritance. Your ancestor has Leukemia and unfortunately you inherited it from your late father,” he said, sadly. Although she wasn’t his family or has a blood-related, a deep sorrow existed in his heart.

 

Now, she can’t smile. Her life span had been set on. Four months left. 

The room was filled up with silence.

 

“Doctor. Can you do me a favor?” her voice flattened.

“Yes, I’ll try.”

Haenim wiped her tears and looked at him. The words which were going to be spoken out by her felt like they purposely stuck in . “Promise me. Do not tell Sunggyu about this. Never. I don’t want him to be sad. I fell in love with him silently. Then, I must leave him silently too.” Though it hurts.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is so heartbreaking. And for those who guessed it correctly, congratulations. :)
Oh damn, I'm the one who wrote this story but, I'm crying like hell. *over-anticipating. XD
The next chapter is going to be.... *secret* Be prepared! 
Thanks for reading and DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT.