Time Stopped

To Husband, From Wife

 

 

“Hey, do you know that new girl?”

“The president of Mathematics Club?”

“Yeah yeah. It’s her!”

“What’s wrong with Haenim Sunbae?”

“She had been beaten badly yesterday. Poor girl. She’s a good sunbae.”

 

 

Hoya and Dongwoo froze on their spots. Did they hear it correctly? Slowly, they turned their heads and looked at each other with an unreadable expressions. “Tell me that I was the only one hearing Haenim been beaten?”

Dongwoo shook his head. “Unfortunately, Howon. I heard it too.” As fast as lightning, they went to the cafeteria where Infinite was waiting for them.

 

Myungsoo was talking to Sungyeol and Sungjong, while Woohyun chatted with Sunggyu who didn’t seem to be hearing him. Since in the morning, he felt uneasy. He glanced at the big clock hanging on the cafeteria’s wall. 15 minutes before class begin.

 

“YAH!” They were silent as Hoya and Dongwoo appeared from nowhere making  them jumped in surprise. “Bad news. Very bad news.” Hoya’s face looked terrify, sending an electrical wave of unesiness to them.

“Why? What happen?” Myungsoo asked, curious.

Dongwoo took a deep breath. “Haenim...” he stopped and moved his gaze to Sunggyu. As he thought, the leader will probably interested when it came to Haenim. He moved his sight and gazed at each of the member. “Haenim had been beaten, yesterday.”

“WHAT?” The four of them were very astonished of the shocking news.

 

Everything was too sudden until it left Sunggyu speechless. He can’t accept it. Yesterday, he was staring at her. But today, he heard a bad news of her. He can’t accept it. And he didn’t want to.

 

“How do you guys know about this?” His face was serious.

Dongwoo bit his bottom lip. “We accidentally eaverdropped on some random students’ conversations. So, yeah.” He shrugged. He then remembered something. “Wait! Who is Park Miyoung?”

“The stupid girl next to my door, with a low IQ, of course.” Sungyeol insulted her. He hated Tiffany so much as much as Sunggyu hated Taeyeon. “What’s up with her, Hyung?”

 

Dongwoo nodded while tapping his finger on his chin. “If I wasn’t mistaken, she involved in that bullying case with...”

“With that Jessica Jung?” Myuungsoo cut off and the older nodded eagerly.

 

For a moment, Sunggyu forgot how to breathe. If only I disobey that letter from the beginning, this... this will never be happened.

 

-  -  -  -  -  -

 

Mrs. Kang wiped her tears for uncountable times. Her only daughter was now lying on the hospital bed, lifeless. She had met with those two es who bullied her daughter. And being a very kind-hearted woman she was, she apologized them and set them free without any punishment. Can you believe that?

 

The old woman sat on the edge of the bed and her daughter’s hair softly.  Which mothers wouldn’t feel hurt seeing their daughters were full with wires on their bodies? Nobody, right?

 

“Haenim-ah, please be strong. I only have you.” Her eyes were brimmed with tears. From last night, she didn’t sleep, no appetite to eat. She was exhausted, but she simply can’t leave her poor daughter alone. It was very hurt.

“Ahjumma...”

Mrs. Kang turned around and spotted two school boys which may be around her daughter’s age. She walked to them and bowed. “Yes? May I help you?”

“I am Sunggyu and this is my friend, Dongwoo. We are Haenim’s classmates.” He introduced himself on the first hand and received a warm smile from Mrs. Kang. She patted their shoulders tenderly.

“You sure want to visit my daughter, right? Come.” She pulled them near to the bed where the sleeping Haenim was still unconscious. “My poor little baby.” Her voice cracked and tears spilt from those innocent eyes again.

 

Dongwoo gripped her shoulder softly, comforting her. “Ahjumma, please be strong. Haenim will never be glad to see you’re crying for her like this.”

On the other hand, Sunggyu was staring at Haenim with a guilty feeling. Where’s you smile, girl? He stepped nearer to her and grasped her hand.

 

Out of blue, a sudden brightness attacked his eyes, forcing him to close them. It hurt his eyes so much. And after feeling safe enough, he opened back his eyes and found out... he was in his school.

“Wait, I’m in the hosp-” his words becalmed when he saw himself in the classroom, packing his things to go back home. This was the incidence of yesterday...

 

Sunggyu watched the playback of himself where he left Haenim alone in the classroom. The only different thing was, he will watch Haenim’s life because he already knew what was going to happen to him. But then, he glanced at the watch on his wrist and... The time stopped. The time where he was belong to, it stopped.

 

Haenim, who slept on the table was now had awoke. She rubbed her eyes softly and looked around. “Everyone has left.” She mumbled but enough for Sunggyu to hear. What? She didn’t see me? Am I dead?

She packed all her things slowly. Nope, not slowly. Weakly. She was sick, remember? Done packing, she rose up from her seat and began to walk home. Sunggyu followed her from behind.

 

Sometimes, she stumbled but was fast enough to balance herself back . He realized that he can’t even touch her. He was like a soul who watched the playback of someone’s life.

“Yah, Kang Haenim.” Someone called her and she stopped. The voice came from the back of them and they both spun around on the same time. Sunggyu’s eyes widened as he saw Jung Jessica and Park Miyoung.

 

Please don’t tell me I’m going to watch how’d Haenim was beaten by them. NO. Sunggyu shook his head eagerly and looked at his watch again. The time was running as normal. He lifted up his head and found out... he was in the hospital.

 

“Hyung, gwenchana?” Dongwoo patted his shoulder softly. “Let’s go back home. It’s getting late.”

Sunggyu turned around and gazed at Mrs. Kang. “I’m going to take care of your daughter, Mrs. Kang. I know you’re tired.” He bluntly spoke which made Dongwoo surprised.

Mrs. Kang smiled. “Are you sure, Sunggyu?”

 

“Yes, because it was my fault.” For leaving her.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm getting impatient to post this chapter. lol XD
so, it may be a... double update? ^^ keke
Enjoy reading and don't forget to comment. :D
 
 
AND, CHECK OUT MY NEW STORY STARRING BY LAY, TAO AND D.O.