Different Future

To Husband, From Wife

 

Everything around her was white. Everything around her smelled unpleasant, like a medicine. In fact, it was a smell of medicine. She had been in this place which was full with white things for about 6 months. She was dying. 2 months left.

 

Another beautiful day to be wasted. Her daily activity was, staring outside the window, looking at the beautiful sky. The God creation. How she felt she was so lucky to see the nature with her eyes before her life ended.

 

“Haenim.” Someone called her softly, snapping her from her deep thoughts. She turned her head and smile to him. It was no other than her doctor, Youngjae. He was in charged in taking care of her, fed her medicine on time and embolden her to go through her daily life strongly. “What are you doing?” he walked to her and pulled a chair to sit beside her, facing the window which revealed the wide sky.

Haenim played with her fingers. “I was thinking about the other future of mine.”

He smiled. “You keep talking about it lately. I do believe in you when you said you went back to your past as you were in your coma. But, most of the doctors do not believe it. They said, it sounded ridiculous.”

Slowly, she turned gloomy. “I don’t need them to believe in me.”

 

Youngjae sighed. He stared at her side facial for a while. This girl, who stole his heart quietly. He once had confessed his feeling towards her, but she declined politely. The reason she gave him was a bit unbelievable. She said, she loved her husband very much that she can’t accept other guy in her life. But when he looked through her personal profile, she was single.

 

“Have you taken your medicine?” he changed the topic as he felt everything was getting more awkward. Haenim nodded. “Good then. Well, I’ll see you soon. Got many works to do.” He pouted and stood up.

Haenim got up too and held his arm, making him stopped on his track. “Youngjae-ah, don’t work too hard and get some rest.”

He softened and ruffled her hair. “Yes, I will. By the way, do you want to walk around the hospital?”

“Yeah. That’s my routine.” She laughed lightly.

“Want me to accompany you?”

She shook her head slowly. “Ani. Gomawo.”

 

-  -  -  -  -  -

 

The nurses greeted Haenim nicely as they had knew her. She had been living in the hospital for exactly more that five months. Surely, all the workers knew her. Besides, Haenim was a sweet and kind girl which made people felt pleasant to be around her.

 

Haenim walked slowly at the third floor. She had done travelling on the first and the second. So now, she decided to walk on the third floor which probably a woman section. Everything was about woman. She read the word that was written on each door’s room.

 

“JEONGMAL?!”

 

Her pace died in front of one of the room as she heard a loud squeal came from inside it. The door was slightly opened apart. She turned her head a little and saw a married couple was having a talk with a doctor. Their back were facing her, so she can’t really see their faces. Haenim then shifted her gaze to the board written on the door. Pregnancy. She smiled and was about to go, but something stopped her.

 

“Sunggyu-ah, do you heard that? We’re going to have a baby!” She said happily and hugged her husband in joy.

“And I want a son, so he will never look like you, Taeyeon.” He and scrunched his nose.

The wife frowned. “Bwoh?! I’m not pretty enough?” She began to sulk with him. The doctor smiled sheepishly at the couple who were arguing with each other just about their child.

 

“Mrs. Kim, you should take care of yourself. Eat healthy foods is a must. And-”

“Aniyo. Don’t worry. My husband is going to take care of me, right Sunggyu?” Taeyeon beamed happily and leaned her head on his shoulder. Sunggyu gave a warm kiss on her forehead. The doctor smiled and nodded.  He then continued to tell the things that Taeyeon must avoid during her pregnancy.

 

The future really had changed. One person sacrificed for the other person to be happy. One person cried for the other person to laugh. And one person died for the other person to live.

 

There was a smile on her face, as well as tears. Congratulation, Sunggyu. Be happy with her. Take care, I love you. She whispered softly that only herself could hear it.

 

With a heavy heart, she began her step, leaving them with their bright future.

 

Sunggyu caressed his wife’s forehead tenderly. But then, he looked outside the room and smiled. He felt her presence. The presence of her radiating love towards him. He could feel it. Thank you for everything, Haenim. Forever, I will keep you in my heart. He whispered, replying her.

 

 

That was the full stop of their love story where it began with a love letter, and ended up with a tear.

 

 

                                            T H E   E N D    

 
 
At last, I've finished this story. T-T *tears of joy.
Yeah yeah, I know it didn't end happily but yeah, I like it. XD lol
And guys, let me tell you something. I FREAKING LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH. NO JOKE.
I want to thank to all my readers for reading this ridiculous story till the end. ^^
Thank you very much for commenting. And thank you very much for subscribing. It means a lot to me. :)
You guys are the best readers ever! Hope to see you in my new story, 29 DAYS BEFORE ? :)
that's all. THANKYOUVERYMUCH.ILOVEYOU. :D