Unfinished Words

To Husband, From Wife

 

 

“Hyungs! Do you know JYP’s audition is today?” The maknae looked at each of them with his round eyes.

“Yeah, I know. I heard that Miyoung sang like hell yesterday.” Sungyeol replied, lazily.

Hoya raised his brows. “Tiffany Hwang? Why do you keep calling her ‘Miyoung’?”

Sungyeol rolled his eyes. “We’re childhood friends, remember?” Hoya nodded. “So, maknae. What’s up with the audition?” He questioned back to him.

 

Sungjong pouted. “I want to go for it, Sungyeol Hyung. But, Omma didn’t let me. She said, she’s going to miss me if I’m accepted.” He faked a sob. Sunggyu, who sat beside him, patted his back softly.

“She loves you. Beside, you’re the only child of your family.” Sunggyu comforted him.

“Neh. Sunggyu Hyung, does Taeyeon Noona go for the audition?”

He was speechless. “Yeah. She told me yesterday.”

 

“She should participate. Her voice is amazing.” Dongwoo interrupted while munching his food. “Yah, Woohyun. How about you?”

Woohyun looked at Dongwoo and wiped his lips which were full of foods. “Me? I’m not going. Sunggyu Hyung will be lonely if I’m accepted. Right, Hyung?” he winked playfully to Sunggyu and the older smirked.

 

“Like you’re going to be accepted.” Myungsoo scoffed and received a light punch from Woohyun. And they all laughed together.

 

-   -   -   -   -   -

 

 

The bell rang and the school session for that day ended. Along the day, students were busy talking about the audition that will be held by JYP. Most of them were brave enough to participate while some just giving encouragement to their friends.

Everybody was packing up their things to go back home, but Haenim wasn’t include. She hid her face in between her arms on the table. Eunji was absent today which made everything became worse. She needed someone to talk right now. She was in mess.

 

Sunggyu gazed at Haenim. He had done packing. “Haenim-ah, aren’t you coming with me?”

Haenim nodded weakly but her face was still hidden. Sunggyu felt uneasy of her change. This girl is unpredictable. “I’m going to the staff room. Do you want to follow me?” She shook. “All right then. I’ll be back.”

 

He quickly walked to his destination and within a few seconds, he had arrived in front of the staff room. He opened the slide door carefully and greeted some teachers who walked past him. He then went to Mrs. Jung’s place and there she was, busy doing her ton of works. He cleared his throat slowly but enough to distract the teacher. She lifted up her head and smiled at him.

 

“Oh, you’re here Kim Sunggyu!” She rubbed her palms together.

He looked at her, waiting for her to tell the reason of why he must meet her today. “Yes, seonsangnim?”

“Oh, yeah!” She began to search for something in her drawer. Sunggyu was very curious but, his curiosity was replaced with a smirk when he saw Mrs. Jung held a white envelope. He knew it. “I found this letter in your notebook. I guess, it’s your private thing so, I wasn’t dare to open it.” She chuckled and handed him the letter.

Sunggyu forced a smile and took it politely. “Thank you, seonsangnim.”

“Welcome. Well, that’s all. You may go home now. Be careful on the road.” She waved to him and drowned back in her works.

 

As he stepped out from the staff room, as fast as lightning, he opened the letter.

 

Dear husband,

Remember about today’s event? Taeyeon is going for the audition. Come on! Embolden her. She must be very happy. I know you won’t listen to me anymore. This is the last time. Please, I’m begging you.

 

Please do not return to the classroom.

Please go back home or go to the audition to embolden Taeyeon.

Please do not meet her. That Kang Haenim. Please...

 

If you love me. If you love your future. Listen to me. I give no harm to you. Remember, I, your wife, always love you. Take care.

 

 

Lots of love,

Your wife.

 

 

Hesitance.

 

That was the obvious thing he felt. He was totally hesitating. Never in his life, a girl begged to him. He was about to give in, but egoism stopped him to do so.

“Never.” He crumpled the paper and threw it on the floor. It rolled to anywhere, directionless. Sunggyu headed to the class and Haenim was still there, hiding her face in between her arms.

 

With a smile, he approached her quietly, decided to surprise her. But his intention died. The nearer he was with her, the clearer a sound of sobbing he heard. Then only he realized, she was crying. Haenim was crying.

Sunggyu pulled the empty chair beside her and sat on it. He stared at her in confusion. “Haenim-ah.” He called softly. “Wae?”

 

There was a voice, with no answer.

 

He waited patiently for her to calm down. And at last, she uncovered her face, revealing her swollen eyes. She looked helpless. Her eyes were telling him how confused she was. “S-Sunggyu...”

 

-  -  -  -  -  -

 

 

“Ottoke?” Haenim lowered her head and wiped her tears.

Sunggyu gazed at her and sighed heavily. “He is quite popular in the school. Once he likes people, he’s going to get her no matter what. Even if the methods he uses will hurt other people or the girl he likes.” He was describing Jongin, the kingka of their school who had confessed his feeling to Haenim during the recess time, just now.

 

Hearing his words made her body stiffened in fear. She can’t imagine that Jongin was willing to do anything to get her. She wasn’t ready to play a role as Geum Jandi in Boys Over Flower. She wasn’t ready. Mentally and physically. “Then, what should I do?”

“Maybe, you should accept him and try to love him.” Sunggyu nodded, satisfied with the answer he gave. “There must be a good thing behind th-”

“But, I love someone else.”

 

He was speechless. Their eyes were locked on each other. “I love someone else. Very much.”

 

Sunggyu dared himself to ask.“Whom?”

She gulped. Now, or this chance will never ever come back to your life, Kang Haenim. She whispered to herself. She took a deep breath and stared deeply at him. “Sunggyu-ah, I really like y-”

 

His phone rang. Both of them jumped in surprise. Sunggyu took his phone. An unknown number. He then shifted his gaze to Haenim. “Mianhe.” He picked the call up.

 

Silent.

 

“Yoboseyo?” No answer. He grew impatient. “Do not fool around with-”

 

“I’m not fooling around, dear husband.

 

“W-Wife?” his lips trembled, not in fear but in shock.

She laughed softly, melting his heart. “Yes, honey. It’s me, your wife. Now, I give two choices. First, listen to the next word which Kang Haenim will tell you. Second, face me.” Her voice was very soothing like an angel that somehow made him noticed that he had heard this voice before.

“PROBABLY I CHOOSE YOU, WOMAN!” he yelled in anger. For God knew how long he had been waiting to see her and now he got that precious chance, how could he let it go? His breathing was now became uneven. “Now tell me. Where are you? I want to meet you badly.” He was pleading her like how she always pleaded on him.

 

Sighed. “I’m waiting for you. In your favorite place. Take care, honey. I love you.” Disconnected.

 

Sunggyu shook his head eagerly. “Y-Yah. YAH!” He looked like he had lost his mind. He pulled his hair in frustration. For a moment, he forgot there was a girl watching him all the time.

“Sunggyu-ah. Are you okay?” Haenim was very scared of his outrage. Never in her life, she saw a guy was very weak just because of a call.

 

His fingers were still running through his hair, leaving them unmanageable. “I need to go to my favorite place. That hill,” he muttered to himself and rose up from the seat. “Haenim-ah. Mianhe. I really need to go. Don’t wait for me.” He quickly took on his bag and runaway in a blink of an eye.

 

Lost and dumbfounded. That was how she had been left by him.

 

Haenim stared at him till, he was gone from her sight. Then, another tears slipped down on her cheek. But, still, she never failed to smile. Though it hurt inside. “Sunggyu-ah. I really like you.”