A letter

To Husband, From Wife

 

 

“So she gave you the same reason?” Woohyun asked with his head furrowed in between confusion and anger. It was uncountable, how many times Sunggyu had been left by girls for some reasons but most of the time, for no reason. He tried to figure out Sunggyu’s bad side but in his opinion, he was just perfect. At least, better than the six of them.

 

Sunggyu nodded slowly. “I don’t know why girls keep leaving me. I told them to give me an acceptable reason and they will answer like ; You’re too nice. I can’t feel your love. You are too naïve. You’re a complicated person,” he complained, mimicking the girls’ answers. They laughed lightly looking at his expression except for Woohyun and Dongwoo. Both of them were old enough to understand these love things.

 

“Nice? I think, only 20% of yourself are nice.” Sungjong pointed out and the others agreed.

“They can’t feel your love? Oh, ridiculous! You always protect your girl like a guardian.” Hoya added.

“Naïve? Well, you watch with me.” Sungyeol smiled sheepishly. Sunggyu scrunched his nose to him and rolled his eyes.

 

“And complicated person? You’re the simplest one among us. You eat whatever as long as it is a food without complaining. You wear clothing that you feel suit for you and are comfortable. You just want a loyal, understanding and loving girlfriend. What makes they think you’re complicated? I don’t understand.” Myungsoo sighed after a long speech he gave.

 

Sunggyu shrugged innocently. He wasn’t sure though. Were all the failed relationships his fault or theirs? “Maybe, I’ve been cursed,” he replied, jokingly.

 

The six of them scoffed. “NONSENSE!”

 

-  -  -  -  -  -  -

 

 

He rubbed his palms together and put them on his cheeks for some heat. It was very cold. I should have listened when Omma told me to bring a scarf. What an unlucky day I had. He sighed and sneezed. “Damn, I’m gonna have a fever for sure.”

 

And at last, Sunggyu arrived at his home sweet home safely. He lived in an average bungalow with his mother and father. He was standing in front of the gate of his house. He sneezed for a second time and cursed under his breathe. He pressed the code button correctly and the small gate opened. He hugged himself as the coldness was like absorbing into him.

 

Sunggyu was checking the mailbox when suddenly someone interrupted him. He rolled his eyes as he knew whom the voice was belong to. He spun around and their eyes met. It was no other than his annoying neighbour, Kim Taeyeon. Sunggyu narrowed his eyes at her. “What do you want, ugly?”

 

Yeah, they had been friends for a long long time, since they were babies. Taeyeon grew up into a beautiful young lady while Sunggyu turned into an independent and a smart guy. They always argued even for a small matter but that what made them close. Sunggyu and Taeyeon both shared the same interest, singing.

 

She scoffed. “Aigoo this pabo hamster. Stop calling me ugly! Do you know how many guys are chasing me?”

“And sorry, I’m not one of them,” he spoke back and made her heart boiled.

“YAH, KIM SUNGGYU!”

“Yes, Kim Taeyeon?” Sunggyu blinked innocently. Taeyeon was already pissed off and stomped her foot into her house. He smiled in victory. “Serve you right, Taeugly!”

 

“I HEARD THAT!”

 

-  -  -  -  -  -  -

 

 

 

“And the teacher ‘fired’ me. Mianhe, Omma. Your son is no longer an actor.” Sunggyu faked a sob and Mrs. Kim chuckled. She ruffled his hair and Sunggyu smiled cutely to her.

“Then, be a singer. I want to boast to those ahjummas in the market, that my son is the best!”

“He needs to study well and be a doctor, Chagiya. Being a singer will not bring him anywhere,” Mr. Kim said firmly and continued to feed himself. The smile on Sunggyu’s face gone.

 

This was the only thing he hated about his father. Mr. Kim wasn’t a kind of person who supported him in whatever he did or liked. The only thing the old man did was complain. This wasn’t right, that wasn’t right. Everything was wrong in his eyes except for his own opinion. That, the thing Sunggyu hated the most about Mr. Kim.

 

“Let he do what he likes. Who are we to arrange his future?” Mrs. Kim shot her husband with a spiteful words which made him speechless. With that, Sunggyu knew, his father had lost.

 

Luckily, I have you, Omma. Sunggyu softened.

 

“Oh, yes sweetie!” Mrs. Kim rose up from her seat and went to the living room. Sunggyu tilted his head and after a few seconds, his mother came back to the dining table with a letter in her hand. He raised his brows. “You have a letter from anonymous here, son.” She handed him a white envelope written, to Kim Sunggyu.

 

Sunggyu took it politely and thanked to his mother. He looked at the letter to find a sign or maybe a clue which may help him to know who was the sender. But there wasn’t any.

 

Who gave me this?