Crying

To Husband, From Wife

 

 

Sunrays fell down and hit her face directly through the window. It distracted her so much and she can’t stand with it. Slowly, her eyes fluttered opened and the first thing she saw was, Sunggyu.

 

She chuckled. “I must be dead. That’s why I’m seeing Sunggyu sleeping beside me,” she said and closed her eyes back to sleep.

“Who said you’re dead?”

Haenim’s eyes shot opened. And this time, Sunggyu had already awoke. “NO!” she pushed him with all her strength and he fell down, on his . That must be hurt.

 

“Oww!” He groaned in pain.

Haenim rolled her body and lied down on her stomach. She looked at the floor where Sunggyu had fell down. Her eyes blinked a few times. “Gwenchana?”

He pouted. “No.”

“Jeongmal? Mianhe. I-I don’t mean to push you. It was... You know. Self protection,” she explained. Her cute expression amused Sunggyu. He was holding himself so hard not to laugh at her innocent confession.

 

“Never mind. Well, I’m sorry too for sleeping beside you. This bed is provided for the patient, not the guardian. My back was hurt badly and this bed looked so tempting.” He shrugged with a sheepish smile on his face.

Haenim laughed and shook her head. “I don’t mind about it. But, you have to explain why you’re the substitution of my Omma.” She puffed her right cheek.

 

 

-  -  -  -  -  -

 

“Checkmate!” Haenim shouted happily and put her arms on the air. For the fifth time, she had won. Again.

Sunggyu sighed in frustrated. This freaking genius girl. He hissed. “Fine, the glory is all yours. Take it.” He crossed his arms on his stomach, pretending to be mad.

 

“Sunggyu, do you want me to teach you how to win?”

“Nah.”

“I’m going to teach you 8 steps to win.”

“Nah.”

“How about 6 steps?”

“Nah.”

“Four steps?”

“Nah.”

 

She bit her bottom lips. He must be mad at me. “Don’t you go to school today?”

“It’s Saturday,” he answered coldly.

 

Haenim was about to ask more questions when suddenly, a nurse came in and brought something on her hand. “Good afternoon. Sorry for bothering you, but may I know who is Kim Sunggyu?” she asked them politely.

“It’s me. Yes, may I help you?”

The nurse smiled. “Someone left this for you just now.” She handed a letter to him and bowed before she went out from the room.

 

The atmosphere became awkward.

 

“Who gave you that?” Haenim simply asked.

He gulped. “M-My mother. She must be worried about me.” She nodded, accepting his words although deep in her heart, she knew he was lying. “Umm, excuse me. I’m going out for a few minutes. Neh?” With that, he quickly went outside the room and opened the letter.

 

 
Dear husband,
This is not going according to the plan. You have went too much. Sleeping beside her... Why? Why you’re so stubborn? I’m doing this for you. For you, honey.
Can you appreciate it?
 
Today, you have promise with Taeyeon to teach her History and Mathematics. Make sure you come there on time.
I hate seeing her waiting for you. Waiting is something painful, you know? So, don’t let her feels that. Remember, honey. Go back home, now.
Take care, I love you.
 
 
Lots of love,
Your wife.

 

 

Without any hesitance, he crumpled the paper and... tossed it in the trash. “This is . I won’t listen to you.” The next thing he did was, taking his phone from his pocket and searched for Taeyeon’s number. All the nice thing goes to Taeyeon and all the bad thing goes to Haenim. Are you some sort of devil? His jaw clenched.

 

After a few beeps, she picked up.

 

“Yah, I’m not going to teach you today. I’m busy. Don’t wait for me.” He hang up and slipped his phone back in his pocket. A part of him was very satisfied as he had disobeyed his wife’s words. But another part of him... wasn’t.

 

-  -  -  -  -  -

 

 

She blinked in surprised. “S-Sunggyu? YAH, KIM SUNGGYU!” She yelled in between anger and... disappointment. Her heart fell and broke into a thousand pieces that she wasn’t able to pick them one by one.

 

Without she realized, her tears slipped down, wetting her fluffy cheeks. She stared at her phone and her sob became louder.

“Even if you can’t come, will it be hard for you to say it nicely?” Taeyeon buried her face in her pillow and cried as all as she wanted to. “I have a test next week, Sunggyu. Do you know that? You're the only one that I can hope to teach me. But...” Her words were replaced with a sob.  It was raining out there. How the weather suited perfectly her mood.

 

She was staring her. Staring at the heartbroken girl.

 

“Words can’t handle him, no more. I don’t want you to hurt because you’re his future. I guess, I have to face him.” She said to herself and disappeared in a blink of an eye.