Your Heart.

To Husband, From Wife

 

“Good morning, daisies!” she shouted happily and watered them as much as she thought they will need. She then, moved to the next flower. “Hey, rose. Good morning!”

 

That was Haenim’s daily activity. She woke up early, helped her mother and the most thing she liked was watering those beautiful flowers in her mother’s mini garden, before heading to school. Mrs. Kang couldn’t help not to smile, looking at her daughter’s behaviour.

 

“Talking with flowers again, huh?” the old woman voiced out. Haenim spun around and gave a wide smile to her.

“Flowers feel lonely too, Omma. They need someone to talk to,” she replied.

Mrs. Kang shook her head, amused. “Then, they can talk with each other. Right, honey? Why don’t you stop spending your time. Correction. WASTING your time, talking to those flowers and search for a boyfriend for youself? You're getting older.” Her lips curved up, forming a mischievous smile. Haenim started to blush madly when it came on this topic.

She bit her bottom lip and quickly took her bag. “I-I got to go, now. Take care. I love you, Omma!” She began her pace without even glancing at Mrs. Kang who called her. But yeah, she ignored her.

 

 

-  -  -  -  -  -  -

 

 

“There she is.” They smirked as they saw Haenim entered the school gate. She was gasping for air and her breathing was uneven too.

 

She walked to her class while looking around, searching for Eunji and accidentally bumped on someone. “Oh, jeoseonghabnida!” she bowed.

“That’s all?”

 

Haenim was stunned. She slowly straighten her body and gazed at the owner of that scary voice. Three beautiful girls were standing in front of her. They gave her a dirty look from top to bottom.

 

“I’m really sor-”

“Meet. Me. After. School.” The girl which her nametag was written Hwang Miyoung, said, sending a very cold shiver into her body. She nodded obediently while her gaze was fixed on the floor all the time. The three of them scoffed and walked away, leaving her alone.

Feeling safe enough, she shut her eyes and sighed in relief. “Hopefully, they won’t do anything bad to me later.” Haenim pouted and glanced at the watch on her wrist. 10 more minutes before class started. She walked to her class slowly. Her cheerful mood was now, gone.

 

The three beautiful faces who warned her just now, played back on her mind. She only knew the Hwang Miyoung girl because she read her nametag while the other two, she didn’t know them. But among the three of them, she simply felt the most dangerous aura from the girl with a brown hair, round eyes. That girl was standing on between her friends.

 

“Why do I feel insecure with her?” She frowned.

 

-  -  -  -  -  -

 

“Remember, the deadline is tomorrow. If you send your report late, even A MINUTE, your marks are going to be deducted. Do you want it?” Mr. Han raised his brows playfully to the students who were looking at him in horror. For them, deducting marks was the most scary things in the world. “So, deal? Now, you may go back home.”

“Thank you, Mr. Han!” they chorused and quickly packed their things to go back home.

 

Haenim was still on her seat, hesitated whether to meet those three girls or just went back home. She felt uneasy. Uneasy of them. Something bad was going to happen to her. Their penetrating gaze, their cold voice. Everything was uneasy.

 

She sighed. “Maybe, they just want to talk to me. Yes, maybe.” She then looked around and found out that she was the only one left in the classroom with Mr. Han and Sunggyu. They were talking about something.

“Haenim-sshi, aren’t you going back?” A voice greeted her softly and she smiled. For a while, the feeling of insecure which keep lingering in herself, gone.

“Yes. I will go,” she replied shortly and took her books in the drawer, under her desk. She held them carefully but a piece of paper slipped out from her books and landed on her lap. “Oh?”

 

As she had put her books in her bag, she returned her attention to the piece of paper which was probably a letter. It was folded neatly and her full name was written on it. To, Kang Haenim. Before deciding to open it, She looked around to make sure nobody was watching her. Sunggyu was still talking with Mr. Han. Certainly, they don’t care about her.

 

 

Dear Love,

Hesitate to meet them? So, don’t. They are harm. Very harmful. They’re going to hurt you because of jealousy.

I don’t want you to get hurt, love. Just ignore them and do not meet them.

 

Sunggyu is still in your class, right? Why don’t you approach him and walk home together. Those girls will never going to hurt you, love. You’ll be safe by his side. Trust me. Take care, I love you.

 

 
Sincerely,
Your heart.

 

 

 

Speechless.

 

Her lips were opened apart as she was too stunned with the letter. She can’t think properly except of wondering how’d the sender knew she was hesitating to meet the girls.

 

“Neh, seonsang-nim. Arasseo. Kamsa hamida!” Sunggyu bowed and smiled widely to their Chemistry Teacher. Mr. Han ruffled his hair and left him with Haenim alone in the classroom. When he had disappeared from his sight, Sunggyu shifted his gaze to Haenim.

She looked gloomy and he noticed it since in the morning. “Haenim-sshi, gwenchana?” he bit his bottom lip, worried about his classmate. Haenim lifted up her gaze and met his eyes. From his facial expression, she knew, he was worrying about her.

She softened. “Gwenchana. Sunggyu-sshi...” Paused. She gulped and glanced at the letter on her lap.

 

“Can I walk home together with you?”