Her Voice

To Husband, From Wife

 

 

She shook her head eagerly as she felt very sleepy. She was in the middle of her Mathematics Class and it wouldn’t be nice if she fell asleep. She was sick, but she forced herself to go to school. No matter what happened.

On the other hand, Sunggyu was watching her from the back. He sat behind her and he noticed Haenim didn’t look as usual. She looked pale and her bright smile seem to be a little dim.

 

“So, for Quadratic Expressions. Any problem, students?” Mrs. Yang looked at each of her student and they nodded to her, telling her that they understood the lesson so far. The young teacher smiled in satisfaction. These were one of the reasons why teachers LOVED to teach smart students instead of the weak one. “If there’s nothing, I’m going to pair you up for your maths project. The best one will be rewarded.”

 

The ‘rewarded’ word caught their attention immediately. They began to talk among themselves about what might the topic be? Was the present something worth to be won? Were they able to choose their own partners?

 

“Let me explain briefly because Mr. Park is going to tell you later. The topic is based on what have you learnt last year and partners had been set up for you.” They whined.

 “I hope Eunji is not my partner!” Chanyeol shouted playfully, making Eunji embarrassed. Her cheeks reddened. Haenim’s heart felt a little pang when someone made fun of her best friend. Her fingers curled into a tight fist and she was about to fight his words back but was cut off by her classmate.

“That was rude, Chanyeol.” His voice sounded calm but enough to send a cold shiver to the one who heard it. The class turned silent. They really knew Sunggyu. Sunggyu simply hated people who was joking but went too much. “What’s wrong having Eunji as your partner? She’s not a germ.”

He was speechless and guilty for not thinking any further before he spoke. He lowered his head. “Mianhe, Eunji.” He muttered slowly and hid his face with the textbook.

 

Mrs. Yang was amazed of the scene she watched just now. The real meaning of friendship. Kids nowadays. She shook her head with a smile plastered on her face. “Pay attention, students. I’m going to hand this paper to your class president and please meet him if you want to know you’re pairing up with whom. Okay?”

They nodded and began to pack their things to go back home. On the other hand, Haenim’s mind was thinking about Sunggyu’s bold action. I’m falling deeply. Ottoke?

 

“Sunggyu-ah,” Eunji called him as she spun around. She smiled widely to him. “Gomawo. You’re my hero!” She gave him two thumbs up and Sunggyu chuckled.

“No problem. Friends are always there for friends,” he replied, making her moved. Sunggyu glanced at Haenim who was hiding her face in between her arms, on the table. She’s sleeping.

 

Dongwoo, who went to their class president was now back. “Yah, Eunji. You’re my partner.” Dongwoo pouted as he disliked to be paired up with Eunji. Eunji was a shy girl and he hated shy girl. She just nodded and took her books to read.

“Do you check for me?” Sunggyu stared at him.

He rolled his eyes. “Stupid. You’re with her. UNFAIR!” he pointed to Haenim and pulled his hair in frustration. “I want to go to the cafeteria. At least, Hoya is there to comfort me.” He rose up from his seat and exited from the classroom, angrily. Sunggyu was deep in his thought but had been snapped out when Eunji talked to Haenim.

 

“Haenim-ah, gwenchana? You look sick, you know.” She asked in concern. “What have you done yesterday?”

She lifted up her head a little bit and smiled sheepishly. “I played under the rain.”

“Bwoh? Pabo!” Eunji hit Haenim’s head softly and both of them chuckled. “I want to submit my notebook to teacher. Do you want to follow me?” she leaned nearer to her best friend. Haenim shook her head and continued resting her head on the table. Eunji then left her alone on their seats and walked to the staff room.

 

On that moment, Sunggyu took the chance to talk to Haenim. He walked to the seat in front of her place and turned the chair to the back, facing her desk. He was sitting across of her. “Haenim-sshi, you are my partner. Hope, we can work together nicely.” He began the conversation. It was awkward though.

Slowly, Haenim looked up and rested her chin on her folded arm on the table. She forced a smile. “I know. She told me, yesterday and... it happened.” Her eyes were half opened. A few seconds later, they were fully closed.

Hearing her words, made his forehead furrowed in confusion. “I’m sorry but I don’t get it, Haenim-sshi.” His voice was desperately waiting for an explaination. But too late, she had drifted to her dreamland.

 

Her face was so peaceful that he couldn’t stop staring at her. Carefully, he folded his arms and put them on the table like she did. He then, rested his chin on his arms and stared at her flawless facial. His lips curved up. She has a cute nose, double eyelids, fluffy cheeks. She has dimples whenever she smiled. Her jaw wasn’t as sharp as Taeyeon. She isn’t as pretty as Taeyeon. But she’s flawless. And, flawless doesn’t mean perfect. He was describing her quietly. I’m imagining if you look like her, wife. His eyes grew tired and he fell in a deep slumber together with her.

 

Little did they don’t know, someone entered the classroom and stood in front of them. She knelt down, keeping a same level as Sunggyu and nearer her face towards his pinna.

 

“Dear husband, it hurts seeing you observing other girl. How many times I have to tell you to avoid her? Do you know you’re ruining your future? Wake up and leave her,” she whispered softly.

 

Sunggyu’s eyes shot opened in shock. He looked around and found out the classroom was empty. The only one left were him and Haenim. He heard her. Without wasting any time, he stood and packed up his things to go back home. But before he stepped out from his classroom, he glanced at Haenim.

 

Sorry. I have to go. Hope you’ll be fine. And he left.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________

There were some clues actually if you may figure them out. ^^
Like ; who gave the letter to Haenim / From where Sunggyu's wife came from?
kekeke. Enjoy reading and don't forget to COMMENT! :D