Chapter 2

Change (A Sequel to "Cinderella Story")

I tapped my foot impatiently and looked around for any signs of Woohyun at the mall. We were supposed to be meeting at 2pm, but now it was 3pm, and he still wasn't here. I was starting to get a little annoyed; he could at least have called or texted me, but when I checked my phone for the millionth time, there were no new notifications.

I pressed his name in my contacts to call him and put the phone next to my ear. Hi! I think I'm busy right now so I can't answer your call. Please leave a message and I'll get back to you! Woohyun.

I grunted and got up from my seat. I wasn't going to wait for him any longer.

Woohyun, I typed into a new message. Where are you? I'm tired so I'm going home first. Call me later when you finally pick up your phone T^T

As I boarded the bus, my phone vibrated. I was silently fuming. If it was Woohyun calling to say he had just arrived at the mall, I would grab the football he practised with and bash it on his brain. But as I checked the caller ID, it wasn't. It read, Your Project Partner KANG CHANSIK. Despite my best efforts, I cracked a small smile. I had forgotten that we exchanged numbers yesterday, and that he spent the rest of lunch rambling on about how Kang Chansik could be mixed up with Shin Chanyeol while I ate silently.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hi Hana!"

"Oh hey, what's up?"

"Well, I was wondering when you wanted to get started on our project? I know we have a month, but I don't wanna leave things to the last minute!"

I coughed. "Sorry Chansik but I'm busy today," I lied. Yeah, busy sulking at home. "What about tomorrow? Are you free Sundays?"

"Yes! Sunday sounds good. Should we meet at the library at 10am?"

"Yep! 10am sounds good."

There was an awkward pause. "Well," I piped up. "See you tomorrow!"

When I hung up, I was half expecting to see a message or a miss call from Woohyun, but nothing. I sighed. I guess university was really hectic for him - even on a Saturday - but it was unlike him not to call or text. He was mostly punctual when we went out during the summer holidays and always texted me even if he would be two minutes late.

After getting home, eating and, showering, I checked my phone yet there was still nothing. I didn't know if I should be angry with him or not. He was busy with university and I respected that, but it was really indecent of him to agree to meet at 2pm at the mall and watch a movie and not call at all when he didn't show up. I jolted as my phone vibrated.

Hana where are you?

Finally he texted me - four hours after we were supposed to meet. I pulled a face at my phone. No apologies or anything?

Home

I hoped my one word reply would show how annoyed I was right now.

Ok

Wow. I really disliked it when people replied with one word answers. Why did he even want to know anyway? And how did he expect to reply to that? If he was asking where I was, did that mean he was expecting me to still be at the mall where we agreed to meet? I was fuming, extremely annoyed and angry at Woohyun. He didn't even have the decency to apologise.

Pit. Pat. Pit. Pat.

I looked up from my phone as I heard strange noises against my window. What was it? I edged closer and opened my blinds just a little so I could peer through. I thought it was a bird, maybe, that was stuck in the metal railings of my window frame, except I saw an extremely handsome boy standing below, throwing rocks up at my window.

"Hana," he called quietly, yet the sound carried up to my window. "Hana!"

I quickly reached to shut my blinds but he saw me peer out and grinned widely.
"I see you, Hana, please come down! I need to talk to you."

I shut the blinds and went to sit back on my bed but my heart was thumping furiously in my chest. Woohyun was always so cheesy, but throwing rocks at my window? It was such a joke that I couldn't help but laugh - but I wasn't going to show Woohyun that.

After about thirty seconds after I closed the blinds, the rocks stopped. Finally, I thought. He got the messagethat I didn't want to see him and went home. I guess I wasn't angry anymore, but I still wasn't in the mood to talk to him.

"Hana," I heard my mom knock on my door. "Dinner's ready."

I swung open my door and gasped. Behind my mom, with an extremely cheesy grin on his face, stood Nam Woohyun.

"Hana, why didn't you tell me that you were inviting Woohyun over! I would have made extra servings!"

"Oh, mom that's okay. If there's not enough food, Woohyun can go home. Or starve."
I pulled a face at him and narrowed my eyes and tipped my head toward the door. Please leave.

"Hana, don't be like that." She looked shocked. "That's no way to treat a guest. We always have plenty of food for everyone. Well, come on then, I don't want it to get cold!"

She rushed off downstairs and I grabbed Woohyun's arm.

"What are you doing here!" I half whispered, half yelled.

He just grinned another cheesy grin that made my heart flop. "My arms were getting tired! Did you expect me to throw rocks at your window all night? Plus, your front lawn only has really big rocks, and I couldn't find any small ones so I didn't break your window."

To my horror, I was starting to tear up. Why was he like this?! Even though I told every cell of me to be angry at him, as soon as I saw him my defences melted. I just wanted to flick his forehead for being so dumb and cheesy.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me into him for a hug.
"Hana, I'm really sorry about this afternoon," he whispered into my hair as he hugged me tightly. "I got caught up at practice because our coach wanted us to take a tour of the sports facilities on our campus, and we met all the cheerleaders and personal trainers. I left my phone back in my locker, that's why I didn't call."

I was silent for a bit.

"Hana, I'm very sorry. Please forgive me? I promise whenever I'll be late or anything, I'll make sure to call you."

I nodded into his chest. How could I be angry at him? Dumb, cheesy, greasy Woohyun. I sighed.

"Okay. Just on one condition," I looked up at him mischievously. "You have to treat me to waffles and icecream later!"

He nodded, slightly relieved. "Of course, Hana. Of course. I really missed you this week, you know?"

He pulled me closer to him and cupped the side of my face with one hand. I stared at his full, pink lips. Just as we were about to kiss, my mom yelled angrily upstairs.

"Come on, you two! Does the whole family have to wait for you to eat? The food is getting cold! Come on!"

I just chuckled and ran downstairs, Woohyun behind me.