Meeting the Kims

Triangle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

First one Yoong told me was that his cousin Yonghwa is very playful and never run out of teases.

 

The moment we stepped into the residence, he was already standing there with a sly smirk.

 

"I'm surprised you guys made it for dinner."

 

I turned red, embarrassed at the remark but Yoong wasn't least surprised.

 

"You better get to your senses if you don't want your wife to keep you on leash."

 

"That's what is bad about marriage,Yoong."

 

"What about marriage?"

 

Yonghwa tensed up while Yoong snickered. I peeked over his shoulder and spot a girl with brown long hair carrying a dish I presume is Roasted Chicken with Veggies.

 

"Oh. Nothing hon." Yonghwa dismissed the topic nervously. Ah... Is she Seohyun?

 

Seohyun. Yoong said that girl is uptight yet her caring nature will make up for it. She may tell you not to eat unhealthy foods, but she would still make you feel comfortable and welcomed.

 

"Actually Hyun, Yong was just telling me marriage is a pain in the ."

 

Yoong smirked when Seohyun threw her husband a dark look. Yonghwa gulped and in an attempt to make up took the dish from her, placing it at the dining table.

 

Ah. One thing Yoong told me as well is that Seohyun can control Yonghwa by a mere snap of a finger. So if I ever get into trouble with Yonghwa, I should call hero Hyun-nim.

 

And then I was introduced by Taeyeon unnie to her parents, Yoong's grandparent's, once she spotted my return.

 

"You're right, sweetie." Grandma Kim patted Unnie. "My grandson's future wife is indeed pretty."

 

I felt my cheeks heat up over the compliment. I gave a bow of gratitude.

 

"And polite." added by an old man who I presume unnie's father.

 

"Good evening, ma'am, sir." I acknowledged both elders with a nod.

 

"Don't call me ma'am. Call me Halmeoni instead."

 

"Ummm... Is that okay?"

 

"Of course!"

 

"O-Okay, halmeoni."

 

Finally it was time for dinner. The long dining table that can fit twelve people was awkwardly silent. Both the elders sat on both ends while the five of us- me, Yoong, Jessica unnie, Yul orabeoni and Taeyeon unnie- sat on one side while Yonghwa and his wife and his three other cousins on the other side.

 

I glanced over the guy sitting beside Seohyun. He looked comparatively younger than her but she acted as if she's his mother. Why did I say so? She was attending him, feeding him and wiping his mouth.

 

So this must be Alex, Yonghwa's younger brother who happened to be a special child. Yoong talked about him preciously so I guess he is important to him. Then the fraternal twins, Sulli and Baekhyun, kept on giggling as they fill their plates with foods.

 

"So..." I gulped once I felt grandma Kim's gaze. She was seated near my end. "What's your occupation dear?"

 

I sheepishly tilted my head. "Umm... I work at Hwang Industries."

 

"She owns Hwang Industries." Yoong added. Under the table away from peering eyes I kicked his foot.

 

He shouldn't have said that. Now I might look as if I'm bragging it. That might stain their impression of me.

 

"Wow. Managing a huge business empire is surely tiring." I swear I hear giddiness in halmeoni's voice.

 

I was relieved. I thought they will call me a snobby spoiled Princess like what Yoong called me the first time.

 

"I owe everything to my dad. Before he passed away he taught me everything I should know."

 

The room became silent. Why? Did I say something wrong? I glanced around, their stares were on me.

 

"I'm sorry if I brought up this topic. How insensitive of me."

 

I waved my hands at halmeoni. "No, it's okay halmeoni."

 

I really don't mind, though. I have recovered from grieving all thanks to Yoong who has stood beside me. He might not know this but his presence gave me a lot of strength.

 

"Ummm... Where is unnie and oppa?"

 

Taeyeon unnie's question filled the air. Yonghwa dabbed his mouth to answer her.

 

"Mom and dad are on their way while Uncle is upstairs."

 

"Oppa's upstairs?"

 

"He sort of.... Ummm... How should I say it?"

 

"Say it straight and clear." said grandpa Kim. He faced Taeyeon unnie with an exhausted expression. "Your dear brother is drunk."

 

Ah... If I remember correctly, Yoong said his mom has two siblings, one sister and one brother. Her sister is the eldest and a bank executive while her husband is the owner. Unnie's brother, as Yoong told me, is a free spirited painter and is the only guy amonst the siblings; the middle one. Yoong said he is quite a cool person since he always speak his mind and do want his wants.

 

I guess drinking early in the afternoon was one of the things he want to do. I don't want to be rude but I don't really like drunkards. But Yoong said he is cool so maybe that would be fine.

 

So after the dinner the three youngest girls of the household that happens to be me, Jessica unnie and Seohyun took charge of washing the dishes. They do have maids but when unnie and I saw Seohyun tell the maids to attend to the Kims outside and that she'll do the dishes, we had the urge to help her.

 

"Unnies... I'll do this."

 

Seohyun tried to take away the plate from me but I objected.

 

"It's okay. I want to help."

 

"Jessica unnie."

 

"We'll help, Seo."

 

Since unnie and I agreed, Seohyun couldn't do anything about it. With a loud sigh she relented, wiping the dishes dry.

 

Yoong is right. Seohyun is indeed caring and kind. Her gestures and gazes are always friendly. I like her!

 

On the other hand my eyes spotted Jessica unnie who is busy putting back the China to the cupboard. Now that I think about it, I have never really talked to her that much. Yoong was extremely cautious when speaking about her. He didn't say much about her. Maybe he doesn't know her that much but that would be weird since she's dating his father for more than a year now.

 

I don't know but maybe it's just me. Once in a while I'll catch her staring at me. Her gaze was hard and unfriendly that it sort of gave me the chills. From what Yoong told me, she might look cold but she is actually very warm. That's it. That was all he said.

 

"Hi, unnie." I flashed a smile when our eyes met.

 

She flashed a small smile but it didn't last for long because she went back doing her thing.

 

"Tiff!"

 

My head instantly whips at the sound of Yoong's voice. I can't help but smile at the sight of him.

 

"Hey..."

 

He stood awkwardly by the counter, scratching his nape. "Ummm... My family wants to talk to you."

 

"I guess the whole meet-your-in-laws has started." mused Seohyun. I grew a little worried.

 

"Okay." I forced a smile despite the boiling nervousness inside of me. This is it Tiffany! You can do it. "Where are they?"

 

"At my grandpa's study room. Will you be okay?"

 

I was touched by his sincerity. I nodded. Seohyun offered to lead the way. As my steps grew neared, my heart thumped wildly against my chest. I felt a hand rest on my shoulder as we stand by the door of grandpa Kim's study.

 

"Don't worry unnie. I also experienced this when Yonghwa introduced me to his family."

 

I pouted at the nerve wrecking feeling. "Was it difficult?"

 

"No. Don't be afraid unnie. You need to show your conviction. Do you want to marry Yoong oppa?"

 

What kind of question is that? Of course I want to! I don't want anyone else but him! I want to spend my forever with him, no one else.

 

"Judging from the fire on your eyes, you seem to be determined." I heard her say with a smile.

 

"Very." I added.

 

She flashed another smile, tapped my shoulder one last time and pushed me lightly inside. Taeyeon unnie, grandpa and grandma Kim, Yul ssi, and two more who I will guess are Taeyeon unnie's brother and sister, are gathered inside. I took a deep breathe and bent for a bow.

 

"Good evening."

 

"Oh. She's cute." I presume that was Kim Jaejoong, Taeyeon unnie's older brother, the one who paints.

 

Yul orabeonim chuckled. "Don't make her feel awkward, hyung."

 

"Tiffany... I'll be straight." I eyed grandma Kim with sweating hands. "My grandson is one hell of a kid. He's stubborn, spoiled, insolent, condescending, and arrogant."

 

"Mom." a whine came from Taeyeon unnie.

 

"I love your son, Taengoo, but I need to be honest here. Marriage is no joke. Tiffany has every right to know what her fiance is like."

 

I was confused. I don't know why grandma Kim is telling me her grandson's bad points. I mean shouldn't she tell me his good points?

 

"Have you ever dated someone?" A quick question came from grandpa Kim. I nodded. "Someone like Yoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter