I try hard to forget

Triangle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N: I posted it once I was finished so it probably had a few errors. Will edit it later! Let's take a time out some heart breaking chapters to happy ty chapter soon. But for now have another chapter full of angst. Enjoy!

 

-kariboo17

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Parties. I hate it. I hate it but not to the point that I despise it. It's just that every time I attend parties I always seem to have the spotlight. What's worst is that if the media is present. Usually I hate parties related to my parents whether they organized it or not.

 

They ing ask the same questions every single time.

 

Do you plan joining showbiz?

 

Do you plan on taking over 2K Conglomerate?

 

Are you fine with your parents remarrying?

 

When will you and Hwang Corp CEO have a child?

 

Same question every single time and I always give the same answer. And this moment isn't an exception.

 

"Can you erase that frown and smile for the camera?" Taeyeon whispered to my ear.

 

Her company threw a victory party over the success of her latest album which immediately reached double platinum after only a month of release and also to celebrate the success of her movie that just passed the ten millionth viewer mark.

 

"I am." I was never good at ventriloquism but after being in the spotlight for a while now I got used to it. It's very efficient at this kind of times. "Where is dad anyways?"

 

"He's on his way with Jessica."

 

I froze on my spot. The color of my face seem to begin to fade. Jessica's coming as well.

 

Jessica.... Jessica noona.

 

Just the thought of her made my heart ache. There  seem to be something constricting my airway because I'm finding it hard to breath. She has always taken my breath away and until now she still have that effect even though her presence isn't anywhere near.

 

Thankfully the photo-op ended but I ended up losing sight of my mother and Tiffany. I guess they got pulled for an interview or something. All by myself I wandered around the room. There a few familiar faces like my mom's manager, representative, PR, and President and I greeted them with a nod.

 

"Hey Yoong."

 

I frowned at the voice. I turned around and saw her smiling coyly at me.

 

"Hi, Hye Sun."

 

The way she was staring at me made me a little too uncomfortable. Why does she always look at me this way? Don't tell me she still hasn't gotten over the fact that I rejected her proposal of sleeping with her? I mean come on! Am I not allow to reject girls not my type? Besides the time she confessed was the time I was crazy over Jessica noona-

 

! Why did she have to cross my mind once again?

"The company threw another party for Taeyeon sunbaenim. I'm actually glad since I get to see you again."

 

She was drinking a glass of what I will guess as Brandy.

 

"If you're glad to see me, I feel the opposite."

 

"Awww.... You're hurting my feelings Yoong."

 

"Hye Sun, stop with the pleasantries. The sweet girl type character might suit you on TV but let's be real in real life."

 

"Okay. I'll be straight to the point." She took a sip of her drink without taking her gaze off me. "We can go out, take my car and go to my house."

 

"You know I wonder why you haven't even received an offer to play a role of a mistress. You'll certainly fit and the ratings will hit the roof."

 

"Sure as long as the lead actor is you. But on the other hand I prefer the real life."

 

She sure is persistent. "You're really-"

 

"Cheap."

 

Both Hye Sun and I turned around finding Tiffany wearing a smug smirk. She walked over to us, stopping in front of me and giving me an unexpected peck on the lips.

 

"Hey babe." There she goes again with her eye smiles, her minty breath ghasting over my face.

 

"Excuse me? What did you just call me?"

 

Tiffany's appearance made me forget that Hye Sun is right in front of us. Tiffany flashed me a small smile before facing her.

 

"I said you're cheap."

 

Hye Sun let a scoff. I'm guessing what Tiffany said has offended her. Actually I wanted to say that to her but I didn't want to be rude. Tiffany said it on my behalf so I'm quiet glad I didn't have to say it and end up being rude. I treat girls with respect but girls like Hyesun who has no limits often tick me off.

 

"Cheap?" Hyesun challenged.

 

"Are you that desperate to be laid that you're throwing yourself to any guy? It doesn't concern me at all but you're wrong for picking my man."

 

Wow. Tiffany has always been feisty but right now she seem, hmmm, y, for the lack for better term.

 

"Why? Are you afraid your husband may find me more attractive?" Ugh. With the rate the two are going they might end up pulling each other's hair.

 

"No, not at all. I know my husband. He won't settle for second rate."

 

"What?!"

 

Oooohhhh.... I must say I'm impressed with the new side of Tiffany. It's very appealing in my eyes.

 

Before they could even make a scene with their little squabble, Hyesun's manager interrupted and said that some PD wanted to meet her. She threw me and Tiffany a glare yet Tiffany was unfazed. In fact she has this sly grin that furtherly infuriated Hyesun. As a result she shoved her glass of brandy to her manager and stomped off.

 

"Geez. Why are you a ladies man?" Tiffany asked all of the suddenl. "It's like every time I'm away girls are latching unto you."

 

I shrugged. "It runs in the genes."

 

Indeed. My mom and my dad are good looking. If I didn't take after them then that would be mind boggling don't you think?

 

"Where have you been anyway?"

 

"Oh!" There was a certain joy in her voice and it had me raising my eyebrows. "A wedding magazine editor approached me and asked if we can pose for their issue next month."

 

I think I know where this is going.

 

"Can we participate Yoong?" She was looking at me with hopeful eyes, making it hard for me to say no.

 

"I don't know Tiff. You know I hate that kind of thing."

 

"Oh, come on! It's not that bad! Besides, they said if we participate they will give us a special offer! Twenty pages exclusively for us!"

 

"I don't think it's a good idea."

 

"I think it's perfect."

 

Whipping my head to the left, my heart stopped at the sight of my father...with Jessica.

 

"D-dad..."

 

"I think it's perfect, Yoong. I mean maybe through that shoot people will finally realize that 2K and Hwang Corp are allies, right Tiffany?"

 

Tiffany nodded vehemently. Although Hwang Corp is a tad smaller than 2K, it's not that small for our company to buy or merge with it. Hwang Corp is pretty much solid. In fact Tiffany herself is eyeing an expansion. People has been questioning 2K and Hwang Corp's relation. The latter may not be under us but it is our ally, it always has been ever since the reign of Tiffany's father.

 

"I'll think about it." I said, averting my gaze and in the process getting a small glimpse of Jessica. I didn't want to look back again and check but I was pretty sure she was staring at me.

 

"What took you so look orabeoni?" Tiffany asks my father when none dared to speak. Jessica and I are busy avoiding any eye contact so it was difficult for me to speak.

 

"We stopped by and bought Taeyeon a present. What she achieve is quite a feat so Jessica suggested we buy something."

 

"Oh my! Yoong!" I received a slap in the arm from Tiffany. "We didn't buy Taeyeon unnie any present!"

 

"It's okay."

 

"No, it's not!"

 

Before the newly married couple can have their first ever fight, Yul came in between them.

 

"Don't worry Tiffany. Taeyeon won't be sad nor angry if you don't have a present for her. Your presence alone is enough."

 

"Is that so orabeoni? But still I can't help but feel guilty."

 

"No worries. Speaking of Taeyeon, here she comes."

 

Just like what Yul said, Taeyeon appeared in front of them with a huge smile.

 

"I'm happy the four of you came."

 

"It's not like I have a choice after the threat you gave me." I said earning a deadly glare from myy mother causing me to quickly apologize. "Sorry."

 

The glare was replaced by a smile when she saw Tiffany and Jessica. It is safe to say that she like these two. I mean she always favor them than me. But now that I think about it the lesser my mom's attention to me the better.

 

"Soooo.... Tiffany. I heard from Sunny that you and Yoong have been invited to grace the cover of Weddings Magazine."

 

Wow. News travel fast. I guess Sunny noona's ears are as sharp as a rabbit. Sunny noona is my mother's manager, only five years younger that her. She's short and cute and just like my mother, separated with her ex husband, Sungmin, my mom's PR.

 

"I'm not interested at all." I replied. "But I'll think about it."

 

"Good! I can probably meet with the editors and the photographer and discuss the theme!" Mom was clapping like a seal with a huge smile on her face.

 

"Hold up, Taeyeon. Yoong isn't even agreeing yet."

 

"He will, right Yoong?" She said through gritted teeth and menacing glare. She was obviously threatening me and knowing my mother I knew better than say no.

 

"I-I guess I'll try."

 

My answer had Tiffany jumping excitedly eventually clinging unto my arm flashing that dazzling eye smiles of hers. From the corner of my eye I saw Jessica look away.

 

Or maybe I was only imagining things.

 

 

****

 

 

I excused myself at the suffocating atmosphere back in the room and went to the restroom.

 

Or maybe the sight of Tiffany clinging a lot to Yoong made me uncomfortable. Uncomfortable by means of my erratic beating heart, sweaty hands, and uneven breaths. I didn't like what I saw, I won't lie and say it didn't affect me at all but-

 

My train of thoughts was interrupted when Tiffany entered the ladies' room.

 

"Hi Unnie."

 

Before I could even greet her back one of the cubicles burst open and out came a...man? What the hell?

 

His shirt was unbottoned carelessly and was improperly untucked. His hair was messy and his lips has a red stain or something. I think that was lipstick.

 

Before I can even lash at him for entering a ladies' room, another person came out the cubicle he just exited.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter