Holiday Surprise

Triangle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica smiled widely as she entered the hotel suite she booked in New York. She's currently staying at the Peninsula, New York. Finally she gets a vacation since Christmas break has already started. She has a three week break and Yoona, who filed a holiday leave two months prior, was with her. Of course Minguk is also present.

 

So why are Jessica, Minguk and Yoona in New York? They are here to celebrate Christmas together with Yoona's mom. Boa, who already met Jessica before when she visited her daughter in Barcelona, took a liking to Jessica already. Boa is pretty much supportive of Yoona's relationships. She doesn't interfere with her daughter's love life.

 

She liked Jessica as well as the little bundle of joy, Minguk. Initially she was pensive with the fact Jessica was a single mother. Yet the moment she saw Jessica, how mature and responsible she is, Boa couldn't care of that issue anymore. Besides, her daughter Yoona was happy.

 

For the past three years, Boa often visited them since they couldn't visit her due to their busy jobs. Yoona and Jessica agreed to visit Boa this time, also thinking of spending Christmas with Jessica's family, who were flying from San Francisco, as well.

 

"What about your dad, Yoonie?" Jessica stood behind Yoona, who was unpacking their stuff, for a hug. "Is he coming?"

 

"I don't know, Sica." She answered. "Normally my family in Korea will be celebrating together but this year each of us are celebrating separately."

 

Yonghwa and Seohyun will be with her family, his parents and other siblings will be with grandma and grandpa Kim, Yul and Taeyeon will spend the holidays in a cruise ship with Yul's parents, while Yoong and Tiffany are in Cambridge, Massachusetts, unable to go home due to Yoong's internship with his dear mentor Darwin Smith's law firm. They all promised however to gather during the lunar new year since they will all turn a year older and since it's grandpa Kim's birthday.

 

"MOMMY!"

 

Little hands grasped Jessica's dress, tugging it excitedly as high pitch giggles and shrieks filled the room. In a matter of seconds, a tiny body has hidden itself within Jessica's dress.

 

"Where is Minguk?" Krystal appeared, looking so mischievous. "Where is he?" She brought her two forefingers up, wriggling it like worms. "Little wormies like to eat his sides."

 

"Minguk is not here!" came an answer from inside Jessica's dress. Minguk was hiding underneath the fabric.

 

Jessica smiled, playing along with her son. "Yes, where can Minguk be? I didn't see him."

 

Giggles erupted from inside her dress, naively thinking he was hiding well. That's the beauty of being a child, everything around is a playground. He was still immune to what the society thinks. Seeing Minguk playing like this is the reason why she is praying to not meet Yoong yet. She didn't want any confrontation, any meeting that will put Minguk in a compromising position.

 

"Mingukkie's not here!" came another giggle and Jessica could only smile dearly at the bulk inside her dress.

 

"I see." Krystal pretended, standing near the fridge. She took out a piece of chocolate, part of the free mini bar consumption. "Since Minguk's not here, I can have this chocolate all by myself!"

 

Like a bullet, Minguk got out his hiding spot. He ran all the way to Krystal, raising his hand excitedly while waving it in the air. He had a big, excited grin on his face.

 

"Mingukkie's here! I am here!" He said, giggling endlessly, drawing motherly smiles from the women in the room. "Mingukkie wants chocolate!"

 

Krystal scrunched her forehead, bending her legs in order to pinch Minguk's always rosy cheeks. "You are sooooo adorable!" She squealed.

 

Despite his cheeks pinched, Minguk continued to speak. "Chocolate, please."

 

And so, not able to resist the adorable kid, Krystal unwrapped the chocolate and gave it to him.

 

"Gosh, he is so cute." Krystal straightened up, gazing down the busy eating with chocolate Minguk.

 

"I swear you and Yoona pamper him too much." said Jessica, a hint of amusement and concern behind those words.

 

"Sorry, unnie. It's just... Minguk's irresistable." Krystal reasoned. Gazing at her watch, she gasped when she realized what time it is. "Oh my- It's time for my video conference. I'll be right back."

 

She ran off to get her laptop and settled inside one of the two bedrooms in this huge suite.

 

"Was it tasty?" Now it was Yoona who bent down to ask Minguk.

 

Minguk nodded, flashing Yoona his chocolate stained palm. "It's yummy! Mingukkie wants more."

 

"Minguk-ah..." Jessica whispered softly, bending down Minguk's eye level. "You need to be careful with chocolate. You can't have so much or else you'll lose your teeth. Do you want that?"

 

His smile fell, covering his mouth with his chocolate stained palm. He shook his head.  "Mungukkie can't eat meat anymore if he has no teeth!"

 

"Yes, that's right. And what did Yoona omma teach you?" Yoona added, smiling lovingly at Minguk's now chocolate stained face.

 

"Meat is the best!"

 

Jessica and Yoona chuckled at his loud declaration that was followed by a small thumbs up.

 

"I'll wash him, babe." Yoona told Jessica, holding Minguk's clean hand. "We'll be right back."

 

Jessica continued unpacking the bags. They were staying here for three weeks so they can't just keep the clothes inside the bag and get things within back and forth. Once she unpacked, she decided to check on Yoona and Minguk. Last time Yoona washed Minguk, she got in the bathtub because the boy asked her to accompany him. She couldn't exactly resist the adorable plea. And so to make sure Yoona's dry and all, she headed to the bathroom. She stood beside the doorframe, smiling happily when she saw Minguk sitting by the sink and Yoona washing his face carefully.

 

"Omma! Look at this!" Minguk put his hands together to gather water from the faucet. In just a short time his small hands were quickly filled with water. He threw his hands up, spraying water all over Yoona and himself.

 

Yoona gasped. "Minguk-ah! Omma's clothes are wet now."

 

He still giggled, completely unaware of his fault. Yoona wanted to tell him what he did was wrong but his excited grin prevented her from telling him off. At that, Jessica shook her head. Yoona is so enamoured with Minguk to scold him no matter how calm it may be. However, to her surprise, Yoona told him off.

 

"Minguk-ah. You can't do that, okay? You can't just splash water to someone much older than you."

 

Minguk nodded, gazing at his Yoona omma seriously. "Yes. I was wrong, omma."

 

"Don't worry about it. Give me a kiss." Yoona puckered her lips and he showered her with kisses.

 

Jessica smiled seeing her son and her lover share a quality and affectionate time together. Without a doubt Yoona care so much for Minguk. She loves him as much as she loves Jessica. She treats him as if her own son and Jessica couldn't be more grateful than that.

 

"Done?" She finally spoke, interrupting Yoona and Minguk.

 

Yoona nodded. "Done. Where do we go now?"

 

"I saw this restaurant a block away from here and they serve fish and chips." Jessica recalled the location on the way while in the cab.

 

They waited for Krystal to finish her video conference first before they left their hotel suite. It was eleven hours to Christmas eve and the bustling streets of New York city were still busy. They saw people carrying grocery bags and boxes of presents strolling across the sidewalk. Seeing the presents, Jessica remembered something.

 

"We need to buy presents, babe." She told Yoona all the while grasping Minguk's hand in order to prevent him from wandering elsewhere.

 

"Yes, I thought of that. I already have everyone's presents though." Yoona agreed.

 

"You have? When did you buy it?"

 

"Secret." She beamed brightly, flashing her a mischievous look.

 

The answer got Jessica so curious. She thought if Yoona will get her a Christmas present again, it definitely won't be pleasant when Yoona gives her another awesome gift. Yes, Jessica gave her gifts too but it  just happens that Yoona out do her. Like on their first christmas together Yoona gave her a necklace with a pendant of letter Y. It was made of pure gold and the pendant was bedazzled with diamonds. Jessica's present which was a new stethoscope seemed less irrelevant. Yoona assured her though that it's the best present she had in a long time.

 

On their second christmas together, Yoona gave her three tickets to California where she can spend the holidays with her parents, taking Krystal and Minguk along with her. Jessica presented Yoona with a new couple ring. Their gold bands which Yoona bought before were replaced with silver bands. What made it precious was that their names were written behind the bands. Forever with Yoona and forever with Jessica, those are written at the back of the bands which they wore respectively. They wore the ring that had the name of the other. You will think Jessica topped that gift exchange but the moment she got back to California she learns that Yoona is already there spending time with her parents, bringing Boa along to introduce to the Jungs.

 

Now this year, Jessica wasn't prepared with her gifts. She was busy at school as well as taking care of Minguk who is growing to be a smart little boy.

 

"I need to buy a present for you, babe." Jessica said. "And Aunt Boa!"

 

Yoona shook her head. "No need, Sica." She took her hand and squeezed it tenderly. "If you stay by my side forever, there's no better gift that you can give me other than that."

 

Jessica smiled, eyes twinkling in happiness. "You know I'd gladly do that. So does this mean I win with the gift?"

 

"There was no competition in the first place." Then Yoona smirked, shrugging her shoulders. "I mean you got me right? That makes you a winner already."

 

Jessica scoffed in amusement. "First of all, that's very humble of you. And second," She cocked her head forward. "Minguk's been calling you for a while now. I think he's hungry."

 

Yoona pecked her forehead before charging forward, scooping Minguk into her arms and entering the restaurant. Jessica watched the warm exchange between her girlfriend and son. What could make her any happier? Her family accepted Yoona and Yoona accepted her family including Minguk and Jessica's unwanted past.

 

Maybe Yoona is right. Maybe Jessica wins not just with the gifts but in life as a whole. Yoona is hers and there's no other sweeter victory than that.

 

After the late lunch, Krystal separated with the group because she had to do some gift buying on her own. She promised to buy Jessica's gifts for Boa and their parents and in exchange Jessica can spend time with Yoona and Minguk.

 

"You're going home for new year again, right?" Jessica broke the silence. They are now at the Central park, sitting on a wooden table watching Minguk run excitedly across the green grass.

 

"Do you want me too?" Yoona asked back, raising an eyebrow.

 

Jessica merely tutted in response. "As much as I want to be with you, I can't be a selfish . I know how you treasure your family. This is like the only time you go home. And wasn't your cousin Yoong going home from Harvard?"

 

"Yeah, he is. It's going to be our grandpa's birthday soon so the family's going to be complete. We'll be celebrating the lunar new year together too."

 

"See?" Jessica pouted immediately after nonetheless. "I will miss you though. And for sure Minguk will miss you more. He's been so attached to you already."

 

Yoona glanced at Minguk who tripped while running but he quickly stood, cackling loudly and running once again.  "Don't worry. I've been attached to him as well." Turning to Jessica, she gave her a teasing grin. "You're not gonna go emo on me aren't you?"

 

"Well, it's just that for you to be attached to Minguk-"

 

"Hey..." She reached for Jessica's hand, giving it a squeeze. "I'm not going anywhere." She then raised her other hand that wore their couple ring. "Forever, right?"

 

Jessica smiled. There was no way in hell Yoona's tantalizing grin cannot lift her mood. "Forever."

 

"Mommy!" Minguk returned, tugging the ends of Jessica's dress. "Mingukie got his hands dirty."

 

"It's okay, Mingukie. When you play, it's normal to get dirty." Jessica coaxed. She pulled out a piece of wet tissue nonetheless, wiping his hands clean.

 

"What's normal?"

 

"Umm... It's something you do everyday." Jessica tried to keep it simple.

 

"Oh! Just like how you kiss Yoona omma every day!" He smartly deduced, oblivious of the sudden redness of Jessica's ears.

 

"Wow, Mingukie is so smart! How did you know that?" Yoona joined in, smirking teasingly at Jessica's embarrassed look.

 

He merely shrugged. "So that's normal?"

 

"Yes, it is normal especially when you do it with the person you love."

 

"Oh! Oh! Then since mommy and omma kiss me always does that mean you lurv me?"

 

Yoona spread her hands, beckoning Minguk to come. He jumped into her grasp, giggling when she pulled her up her lap. "Of course we love you."

 

Minguk's eyes disappeared when his eyelids shut the moment he broke in a face splitting grin. Shrieks escaped him when Yoona's fingers started tickling him. "Mommy! Yoona omma is attacking me!"

 

Jessica merely sat there shaking her head. All of the sudden it felt like she brought two kids along with her. But nonetheless it was a sight she was glad to behold. With Minguk and Yoona beside her, life got a little more happier.

 

 

****

 

The three of them arrived in Boa's house a little after eight in the evening. Minguk feel asleep along the way and so to let him rest, Yoona carried him up into Boa's bedroom. Boa suggested it herself that Minguk sleep there. For some reason, she feel so close with the child. 

 

"Anything we can help you with auntie?" Jessica emerged at the kitchen, following Boa around.

 

"That's so sweet of you, Jessica. I'm fine though. I'm just waiting for the turkey to roast perfectly. Why don't you just go with Yoona and rest in the living room. Are your parents almost here?"

 

"They are but Krystal's meeting them and then they'll go here together."

 

"Good, good. I want to meet your parents again. The last time we met was interesting. Besides, wouldn't it be nice getting familiarized with my future in-laws?"

 

Jessica blushed at the statement, eliciting a motherly smile from Boa. It really made Jessica thankful that Boa supports her relationship with Yoona. The only one she's worried about is Jaejoong and the Kims. She has yet to meet Jaejoong. He was too busy with his museums and not to mention the thirteen exhibits he had for just a span of three years. He did visit Yoona in Barcelona twice but unfortunately Jessica was not in the city during those two events. On the first visit of Jaejoong, Jessica was in Sweden attending the full-time faculty's annual team building program. She couldn't bail since she was in-charge of that event. On Jaejoong's second visit, Jessica went to San Francisco to celebrate the thirtieth wedding anniversary of her parents. She and Krystal planned that flight home months ago prior to Jaejoong's announcement of arrival, meaning the twice missed opportunity to meet was not intentional.

 

For Jessica's part, it's not like she needed to be introduced to Jaejoong again. She already knew him back when she was still dating Yul. She was never close to him though because she barely saw him too and he was related to Taeyeon, not to Yul. But now that Jessica is dating Yoona, and seriously considering to make Yoona her life long partner, to meet and get to know Jaejoong more would be a necessity. She got to know about Boa and now it's time to get to know Jaejoong, even if it means meeting the rest of the Kims. 

 

"Thank you, Aunt Boa." She answered with a shy grin.

 

Boa shook her head disapprovingly. "How many times do I have to tell you Jessica? Call me mom already."

 

Jessica blushed even further. "Ummm, I'm sorry. I'm still not used to it."

 

Boa chuckled a little. "It's okay. How about you call me eomoni instead? Doesn't that sound better?"

 

Jessica paused before nodding a little. "Okay, eomoni."

 

"There, there. Go and accompany Yoona. Look for a mistletoe or something."

 

"Eomoni!"

 

Jessica left the kitchen while blushing profusely. Boa's resonating laughter wasn't helping either. She shook her head with a smile, loving the fact she can interact with Boa that easily. She checked the living area and noticed Yoona sitting on the couch. She slowly approached her, sitting next to her so close their shoulders and arms touched.

 

"So... Did mom need any help?" Yoona asked in a playful tone. Jessica raised an eyebrow at her.

 

"Did you eavesdrop on us?" She asked suspiciously.

 

Yoona raised her hands in surrender. "I didn't, I swear." She wrapped an arm over Jessica's shoulders instead, pulling her close to her body. "Why? Did you talk about something I didn't need to hear?" 

 

"Yeah. It's a top secret one." Jessica answered playfully. She rubbed her nose against Yoona. "Although if you will beg a little I may consider spilling some."

 

Yoona smirked, seeing through the bluff. "I don't think you talked about anything major though so we can forget about begging."

 

Jessica yanked away from Yoona's hold, scoffing at the arrogance her y and gorgeous girlfriend exuded. "You're really difficult aren't you? First you don't get jealous and second you don't beg, not even when we're making love."

 

"That's because I can be really patient." Yoona continued with the teasing. "You, however, can be very impatient in bed. I mean what was that threat last month? You won't talk to me for a week if I don't make you ?"

 

Jessica quickly clamped Yoona's mouth with her hand, shushing her vehemently. "Yoona! Don't say that out loud! Your mom will hear us and I'm not up for another round of teasing."

 

Yoona just smiled, pulling her girlfriend close so that she can hug her tenderly. "You know, I'm really glad you and my mother are close. It's only appropriate that the first and second women in my life treat each other well."

 

"You know, I'm glad too." Jessica sighed. "I mean meeting your mom is like the start of the next level of our relationship. Who knows? Maybe I'll meet your family soon. It's a big family if I may say so."

 

"You will, I promise. I can't wait to introduce you to everyone. But tonight, I'm going to introduce my dad."

 

Jessica paused, looking at Yoona in disbelief. Did she hear it right? Did Yoona say dad? Does that mean Jaejoong's coming over? "Dad? You mean Jaejoong?"

 

"Yeah, him." Yoona nodded. "He's been dying to meet you, you know. Last time he visited me, he saw our picture together and he wouldn't stop asking me to introduce you the next chance he get."

 

Jessica swallowed a lump in . "You mean he saw our picture and now he's here? Didn't you say you weren't sure where he'll be?"

 

Yoona nodded innocently, oblivious of the fear that enveloped Jessica. "Yeah. I think he's very excited to meet you. I saw his expression when he saw our photo. I think he likes you already." She tried to assure Jessica, mistaking the look of panic as anxiety. "I'm sorry I lied. I just wanted to make it a surprise."

 

"it's okay, Yoona. He likes me? That's great, honey." Jessica said, trying to sound cheerful though her face looked stiffed. "I can't wait to meet him."

 

"Oh, babe. You'll like him! I must admit his sarcastic and chic attitude can be a little scary but he's really fun to be with. He's a good ."

 

Yoona felt relieved when she finally saw Jessica relax a little. However inside Jessica's mind, her brain's starting to overheat due to thinking of the imminent danger of meeting Jaejoong, the uncle and brother-in-law of her two exes respectively. For sure Jaejooong remembers her. She was invited to many Kim gatherings. She even got hit on one time by Jaejoong along with Tiffany though that was a playful gesture before they found out he was gay.

 

Excited to meet her girlfriend's father? No, more like dreaded. However, Jessica has told herself before that she wouldn't be able to escape her past. She thought she's ready to face it again but why does it scare her tremendously even though the person she'll meet again is a minor character in her past?

 

Maybe it's because Jaejoong is a major character right now. He is the father of her girlfriend. He's no longer that dude who she didn't bother getting close with because he weirded her out. He's that dude who she will see and talk more often if ever her relationship with Yoona becomes permanent. And Jessica's hoping that it turns out that way. Deep down inside, Jessica prayed Yoona's the one for her.

 

She wouldn't want another heart ache. And she definitely doesn't want to have a life wherein Yoona's not part of.

 

"Don't worry. I'll tell him to be gentle." Yoona encouraged. "I'll tell him to lessen his intimidation level." She added with a giggle.

 

"I can't wait." Jessica said, this time sounding more confident.

 

Jessica cannot let her past get the best of her no matter how big or small the impact was. Her life's gotten much better now. Her life's better now with Yoona by her side.

 

Smiling in pure bliss, Yoona cupped Jessica's face, pulling her for a long and tender kiss. Jessica sighed in content, body melting at the sweet contact. She eagerly wrapped her arms around Yoona's neck, deepening the kiss. One of her hands found its way onto Yoona's hair, tangling the dark locks along her dainty fingers. Yoona moaned in the delight when she felt Jessica massage her scalp. Her other hand circled its way around Jessica's waist, pulling her closer until their upper bodies touch.

 

It didn't unnerve Jessica knowing Boa's inside the kitchen. It didn't matter if she will walk in and see this intimate moment. What mattered the most were Yoona's hands and lips. Jessica felt her body starting to heat up. Cursing inwardly, she knew what that meant. She was aroused as . If it was up to Jessica, she would have dragged Yoona to the restroom and continue this rather obscene exchange privately than end it at any given interruption be it Boa or Minguk.

 

Ding dong.

 

Yoona pulled away from Jessica breathelessly. She leaned her forehead against Jessica's, gazing deeply into the eyes of her beloved. Sighing in contentment, Yoona pecked Jessica's nose.

 

"I really didn't want that to end." Yoona admitted.

 

Jessica gasped for air. "Me neither." She pecked Yoona's lips. "I'll get it then."

 

Yoona watched Jessica hop off the couch. Her eyes travelled on Jessica's back side, loving the way her hips and swayed side to side. Jessica is really endowed with a perfect body.

 

Jessica tried calming her rapidly beating heart. All the adrenaline drove her body temperature up. She can still feel the heat on her cheeks. Ironing her clothes with her palms, Jessica headed to the door, twisting it open.

 

Jessica's breath got caught in . In front of her stood Kim Jaejoong, the man she dreaded to meet just a while ago.

 

"Nice to finally meet you, Jessica." said Jaejoong, smirking and gazing knowingly.

 

Jessica gulped. This is definitely tougher than she imagined. "Hello Jaejoong oppa-" She shook her head. "I mean Jaejoong-ssi."

 

 

****

 

 

Tiffany giggled happily when Sarang returned from the kitchen holding a carton of milk on one hand and a pack of biscuits on the other.

 

"Mommy, Sarang brought food." The kid announced innocently. "Sarang's hungry."

 

"Sarang-ah. We'll be having dinner soon. If you eat now you'll lose your appetite." Tiffany chided gently. She was kneeling in front of the christmas tree, organizing the gifts u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter