I try hard not to remember

Triangle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica shuffled around her apartment wearing a very cute pink apron with a plate of pasta in her hands. She placed it at the table where the dishes she just finished are. Pasta, Roasted Chicken, Pizza, Kimbap, Vegetable Salad- Jessica had a hard time making them all but she had to especially since today is a special day.

 

It's her housewarming party.

 

She heard the door beep when the code is pressed and in came Yul carrying two boxes of beer and a bag of ice right on top of it. She grabbed the bag to lessen the weight he was carrying and stored it inside the freezer. The two of them stored the canned beers, stopping when the fridge can no longer accommodate it.

 

Jessica's colleagues from Yonsei University arrived after a few minutes. That was the reason why she asked Yul to come early aside from bringing the alcohol. Her friends had been pestering her to introduce her boyfriend to them. The times they saw him was when he went to pick Jessica up from school.

 

"This is Hara, Hyoyeon, Kibum also known as Key, and Victoria."

 

Yul shook each of their hand and when it was his turned to be introduced, he bowed a little.

 

"My name is Yul. It's nice to meet you all."

 

Excited shrieks and giggles filled her unit. Of course the four of them has met Yul before but only this time were they properly introduced.

 

The guests brought housewarming gifts. Hara brought two big packs of tissue. She know how meticulously clean Jessica is. Hyoyeon brought picture frames, Key brought teacups and Victoria brought a knife set. Key also brought two big tubs of ice cream while Hyoyeon brought a basket of fruits.  Yul took the liberty of storing the ice cream in the freezer then went back to sit beside Jessica.

 

They chatted randomly, with Yul getting the majority of the questions. He doesn't mind it though. He has been dating Jessica for over a year now but her close friends have no knowledge about him. He needs to be close to her friends. Who knows if they help her in regards to Jessica one day?

 

"So that cute, handsome guy that has been picking Jessica up other than you is your son?" Hara repeated. Yul nodded mindlessly. "Wow! I didn't know you had a son."

 

Hara received a knock in the head coming from Hyoyeon.

 

"Yah. Don't tell me you have no idea who Yul is? He is the CEO of 2K Corporation you know! He is the ex husband of Kim Taeyeon and the father of that hot newlywed Yoong to that CEO of Hwang Group."

 

Kibum choked in surprised. "Kim Taeyeon? As in Kim Taeyeon the celebrity?"

 

"Yoong?" Even Victoria piped in. "You mean that hot stud who appeared in the magazines last month?"

 

Yul grinned proudly at the mention of his son. A fatherly smile adorned his features. But Jessica isn't exactly enjoying the talk anymore since the mention of a certain someone's name has gotten her uneasy.

 

"Speaking of my son, he coming here later with my daughter-in-law."

 

Jessica's eyes threatened to pop out its sockets upon hearing that statement from Yul.

 

She doesn't remember inviting Yoong so how was it possible that he's coming- oh wait. Jessica remembered inviting Tiffany. She did that completely forgetting that the girl is already married. Tiffany must have told Yoong they are coming over at Jessica's place and if he ever refused, Yul might have asked him as well.

 

"Your son and your daughter-in-law match well together. I saw their huge wedding billboard near our school a month ago. My students have been talking about that billboard every day since then." narrated Victoria.

 

Jessica rolled her eyes. She remembered that day when she entered her class girls have been daydreaming about Yoong and the boys fanboying over Tiffany. She remembered being pissed that day because of two things: her female students inappropriately thinking about Yoong and that stupid billboard that displayed the wedding photo of Yoong and Tiffany.

 

Yul eventually had to excuse himself when a call from Seohyun regarding a sudden board meeting interrupted his chat with his girlfriend's colleagues. He would be back later though right after finishing the meeting.

 

"See you later." Jessica sent him out at the door. He gave her a smile and a firm nod.

 

He pecked her lips before waving goodbye at the creeping people behind. Jessica shut the door once he left, turning around to give her colleagues a deadly glare.

 

"What? Was that the first time you saw a couple kiss?"

 

Hara ignored the question to throw one of her own. "So how is he on bed?"

 

"Ugh. With hundreds of question you can ask you really settled for that one?"

 

"Come on! Tell us!" Victoria whined as if she's not the oldest in the group. "Wait don't tell me you haven't sleep with him yet?"

 

"What if that's the case?"

 

"Ugh. Then you're an idiot you know? How can you not sleep with that Yul? He's hot and despite the age he's still handsome as ever. Plus he's a rich man! You can be a million dollar housewife later you know?"

 

Jessica placed her hands on her hips as she stared at her friends in disgust. "I don't care about his money. And besides I'm not going to be a housewife. I'm a Professor in case you guys have forgotten."

 

"You're seriously gonna stick to being a professor if you can stay at home and count your money?"

 

"Yes."

 

"Stop it Vic unnie." said Hara. "You know how immaterialist Jessica unnie is."

 

Victoria shrugged. Hara has a point. "Fine. Are we gonna eat now? Chatting with our Jessica's boyfriend made me forget I was hungry in the first place."

 

Jessica sighed and watched her friends devour the pizza. Her friends are already giving her a hard time, what more if Yoong finally arrive?

 

 

****

 

 

Taeyeon squirmed uncomfortably on her seat with roses in front of her. The one who owns the roses was kneeling in one knee in front of her wearing a very nervous expression. She just got asked out and the one who asked her out is no other than Kwon Yul.

 

"Please Taeyeon. Go out with me." He repeated softly and desperately. The said girl remained unresponsive making him nervous out of his wits.

 

"Why me?" She was still shocked and aghast as to why the most popular guy in school is asking her out.

 

"Because I like you. I like you the moment I heard you sing in the auditorium during the freshmen orientation."

 

Taeyeon slowly yet uncertainly took the roses from his grasp. She took a long whiff to smell the scent and smiled in outmost joy.

 

"Sure, Yul. I'll go out with you."

 

"Mom, we're here."

 

Taeyeon was pulled out of her trance when her son Yoong nudges her gently. He was carrying four boxes of pizza on one hand and two bottles of champagne on the other. Tiffany was with them carrying their gift for the housewarming. Taeyeon was spending the day with her son and Tiffany when the latter mentioned about Jessica's party. Taeyeon said she wanted to come since she has nothing to do the entire day. They stopped by the mall to buy pizza, presents and bouquet of flowers which Taeyeon is holding at this very moment.

 

She doesn't know why she was reminded of her ex husband's confession but maybe the roses she is holding made her reminisce of the past.

 

The elevator dinged and the doors slid open. The two girls happily chatted their way out leaving Yoong struggling with whatever he is carrying. Though he hardly struggled since he is really strong, it was rather a struggle with his inner self. This is the first time he has seen and stepped unto Jessica's apartment. In fact he had no idea the girl moved out her previous apartment. Yet how can he have the slightest idea when he lost communication with Jessica?

 

He was feeling rather nervous. He didn't want to come here in the first place despite Tiffany's pleads but he couldn't refused when Yul told him to come. For Yul's part he wanted Yoong to be in good terms with Jessica because if one day, if ever he proposes to Jessica, he wants his son to be okay with his future mother-in-law.

 

Yoong and Jessica got themselves into good terms alright. Too good in fact in which they share kisses even .

 

Tiffany pressed the doorbell and after waiting a few seconds, a blonde girl, obviously not Jessica, opened it for them.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter