The Switch

Triangle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No proof reading. I had to finish the story before I go to sleep so pardon any mistakes. I swear I am already seeing stars by now. Sigh.

 

Anyway! I hope you enjoy this chapter!

 

Comments and votes are always appreciated. Love lots!

-kariboo17

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yul gently gathered the small, frame of Taeyeon in his arms.

 

Last night was unforgettable. It was a night of renewal, rekindling of feelings between him and Taeyeon.

 

He has been and always in love with Taeyeon. And last night he was able to confirm that she's feeling the same thing too. Taeyeon never stopped loving him.

 

Placing a kiss on her shoulder, he felt her moved a little. She slowly fluttered her eyes open while turning her body over until she's facing Yul.

 

"Good morning." He said with a dashing grin.

 

Taeyeon mustered a small smile, closing her eyes a little because she didn't want to get up just yet. She want to stay in Yul's arms for a long time.

 

"Morning." She bashfully buried her face on the base of his neck. She didn't want him to see her red face as she remember the hot night they shared last night.

 

Yul made her face up by holding her chin. "Why? What's wrong?"

 

"Nothing!" She squeaked.

 

Yul chuckled wholeheartedly as she tried wriggling off him. "Hey. Are you feeling shy? Why? I mean we certainly did it before."

 

Taeyeon looked away. "Still..."

 

He looked lovingly at her, that same gaze full of love and passion. "This is the same reaction you gave me the first time we did it."

 

"Huh?" She looked confused and lost.

 

"Remember? You seduced me one night and then-"

 

"I certainly did not seduce you! You kissed me and then you laid me down the bed!"

 

"So you remember." He said. "The look you had that morning is the same as now. And you were also quiet the denial, blaming me for taking your ity."

 

Taeyeon turned red even more. "Stop that!" Hands started to hit him on the chest.

 

The assault came to a halt when he held her arms. "What? You look cute!"

 

She merely scoffed at his remark. "Kwon Yul, I swear you're a-"

 

Her rant came to a quick end when he pecked her lips. "I'm a what?"

 

"." Taeyeon whispered after the kiss.

 

They just stayed that way in silence, passionately staring into each other's eyes. This morning felt like those mornings during the early stage of their marriage.

 

"What about Jessica?" Taeyeon uttered the dreaded question after a moment of silence.

 

Yul sighed heavily. Running the back of his hand on her cheek, he thought of a proper answer.

 

"Jessica is a wonderful woman." He began. "I fell for her, there is no doubt about that but...my love for you never went away. To be honest, one of the reason I fell for her was her femininity. Although she was a strong woman she was still feminine and caring. Just like you."

 

Taeyeon looked on, eager to hear more of his feelings. There is nothing to hide now. They have both worn their hearts on their sleeves.

 

"You said you want to fall in love just like me but right now I am questioning myself. Did I really fall for Jessica because she's Jessica? Or did I see you in her that's why I fell for her?"

 

"It's probably the former Yul. Jessica is an amazing woman."

 

"Probably. I find her temper quite a charm. Her intellect, her face as well as her body are her assets. You're right, she's amazing. But not as amazing as you." Yul looked into her eyes full of love. "I was such an idiot for letting you go. I should have fought for you. I should have chased you even though you were gone. But I realized you did it to be happy. After all who would want to be married with someone who has a mental disorder?"

 

"Ssshh... That's not true. You're okay now. If anyone here should be feeling bad by oneself it should be me. I...am a masochist, Yul. I can't believe I am still in love with the man who has hurt me many times-"

 

"Taeyeon, about that-"

 

She placed a finger on his lips to stop him from going on. "But no matter how many times that man has hurt me, I forgive him just as much."

 

Yul's eyes begin to water. "Tae..." He pulled her closer to him, hugging her tighly like there is no tomorrow. "Just wait. I need some time before I end things with Jessica."

 

"You're really letting her go? The perfect woman for you?"

 

"That's where you're wrong." He countered. "The only perfect woman for me...is you."

 

Taeyeon closed her eyes as she listened to his heartbeat. She knew this was wrong but being in Yul's arms just felt so right that it erased all the negative thoughts. She felt guilty for Jessica yet she didn't want to let go of Yul, not anymore. She wanted to have him again.

 

Taeyeon is a bad girl, remember? She slept with guys she barely know and she even slapped her son so this problem isn't really that huge fore her. She can always keep a secret.

 

And then it hit her.

 

Springing out of the bed and out of Yul's arms, Taeyeon went to look for her phone.

 

"Oh my gosh, I totally forgot about Yoong." She scrolled through her contacts and pressed Yoong's number.

 

Placing her phone against her ear, Taeyeon waited patiently for her son to pick up. Disappointment came to her when he didn't pick up after many rings and she had the exact results after many tries.

 

Her body felt warm all of the sudden when Yul came from behind and wrapped her body in a robe.

 

"Yoong's not answering." She told Yul, voice filled with anxiety.

 

"Why don't you try calling Tiffany? Yoong is probably home and asleep by now."

 

Instead of dialling for Tiffany's number, Taeyeon headed for her closet in search of new clothes.

 

"I want to see Yoong with my own eyes. I need to say sorry. I've hurt him and I want to explain what I did was wrong."

 

Yul watched her move around in circles, uncertain what she should do first. Her mind is cluttered that she can't think of anything clearly.

 

"Taeyeon." Gentle hands held her shoulders. "Calm down. Your son will be okay, huh? So calmly dress up and I'll wait for you outside."

 

He kissed her forehead before turning around to collect his dejected clothes, leaving Taeyeon all alone inside her huge clothes closet.

 

"I hope Yoong's fine." She prayed sincerely.

 

 

****

 

 

Yoong didn't come home. He didn't come to Tiffany nor to Jessica. He was all alone, lost in his thoughts. Guilt ate him all night long that he didn't find any sleep. He was just wandering around, moving from one soju store to another until he ended up in a park.

Yes, he fell asleep in one of the benches.

 

That's why the moment he woke up he felt as if his body was ran over by a truck. He was aching all over. He wasn't used to sleeping in a hard surface. He was pampered his entire life and never had to sleep outside a soft and comfortable mattress.

 

"Have you heard? Kim Taeyeon is having a fansign tomorrow."

 

"Yeah, I did. That's why I bought ten CDs of her latest album just to increase my chances of getting picked for the sign."

 

"Are you allowed for a handshake?"

 

"Yes."

 

"You know, you should before going to the event. Then you shake her hand."

 

"Hey, that's not right."

 

Yoong whipped his head over two guys talking about this mother. He quickly fixed his glare at the guy who just made a very inappropriate suggestion about his mom.

 

"It's not like she'll notice! When you , think about her. I mean who wouldn't like to fantasize about her? Her body is to die for! If given a chance I would her petite frame without merci."

 

"Yah, don't say that. That's not how a fan should act."

 

"Who cares? Come on! Don't tell me you haven't had a wet dream about her?"

 

Okay, that's it. Yoong had enough of that dirty ahjussi. Getting up his feet, Yoong marched over where the two men are.

 

"Hey."

 

Both men turned around, the man responsible for bad mouthing his mom had this look of disinterest.

 

"What's up kid?"

 

"What did you just say about Kim Taeyeon?" Yoong asked, giving the guy a chance to take back what he said earlier.

 

"Why? Are you a fan of her to? Are you one of those obsessed fan who wants her all for himself? Don't worry, kid. You can have dirty thoughts about her. I mean who hasn't?" He smirked, unaware he was just digging his own grave.

 

"Hyung, I think this kid looks familiar." His companion said and in no time a look of enlightment replaced his confused look. "Yah, you better apologize!"

 

"Why should I?" The man deadpanned. "Hey kid. This is a grown man's talk. Go someplace else and leave us alone. Who do you think you are to ask me that question?"

 

He placed his hands on his pockets and began taking a step to leave but he wasn't able to do that. Instead his face collided with something hard until collapsed on the cold, hard pavement.

 

Yoong punched him really hard.

 

But he didn't stop there.

 

Getting down he grabbed the man's collar and started to shower him with punches left and right. The poor man's companion was desperately trying to hold him back yet he didn't move but instead continued his assault.

 

It wasn't until he heard repeated whistles and was forcedly broken away by two man wearing a badge and a uniform did Yoong realize he has gotten himself in a deeper .

 

He was in a lot of trouble last night and it has just gotten worst.

 

What a wonderful thing to start his day.

 

 

****

 

 

Taeyeon impatiently pressed the doorbell, tapping her foot against the marbled floor as she waited for the door to Yoong and Tiffany's apartment to open.

 

She raised her finger ready to buzz again when the door swung open. To her surprise it wasn't Yoong nor Tiffany who opened the door. It was Jessica.

 

Talk about awkward. Taeyeon came to the apartment with Yul, who was standing right behind her. She suddenly felt nervous in front of Jessica and she can tell Yul was equally, if not more, nervous as her.

 

"Unnie! Good thing you are here." But it seems like Jessica is too distraught to be suspicious at the arrival of the two, not to mention her failure to notice the fact Yul was wearing the same clothes as last nigh except he has gotten rid of the jacket. "Tiffany has been crying since I arrived. I wanted to check on Yoong but he hasn't come home according to Tiffany."

 

Taeyeon was alarmed, both at the fact her son is still not home and her daughter-in-law brawling tears.

 

"Where is Tiffany?"

 

"She's in the living room. She's been calling Yoong but he's out of reach."

 

Taeyeon waled past Jessica to check on Tiffany. Yul on the other hand greeted Jessica with a kiss on the cheek but there was something off about her. She seemed distracted.

 

"Worried about Yoong?" He asked.

 

She nodded. "Where could he be? Did he call you or Taeyeon unnie last night?"

 

"No, he didn't." Yul replies. "You're too concerned about Yoong."

 

Jessica was paralyzed on her spot. ! Was she too obvious?

 

"H-How can I not be concern? He's your son." She quickly came up with a lie.

 

Yul mentally scolded himself. Jessica is to kind to him and his family. She accepted the fact he was married once and that he has a son. She accepted his flaws and cared for him dearly. Yet all he can think about was Taeyeon. The guilt was slowly consuming him.

 

Unbeknowst to him, Jessica was feeling the same. She was seeing his son behind his back. She was guilty too but of course she can't say that out. Jessica is still thinking of how she'll end things with Yul.

 

What a turn of events. Both cheated on the other and both aren't even aware the other is cheating.

 

"Come, Tiffany needs some company." He held her hand and pulled her inside the room.

 

The sight that welcomed them is Tiffany sobbing unto Taeyeon's chest. The latter was comforting her despite the fact she was also at her wits end. Her son never ran away from home. Those times he didn't sleep at home however he called to notify her.

 

But right now she hasn't received a call at all. For a mother like Taeyeon who hadn't have troubles when it came to her son, twelve hours without any news about him made her very nervous. Call her overdramatic but that's exactly what a mother will feel for her son.

 

Tiffany, just like Taeyeon, is worried about Yoong. She's easily brought to tears so aside from the fact she was worried dead about her husband, she also felt bad about what happened last night. Her heart ached for Yoong and that's what push her to tear up. It went worse when Jessica came to check on her and then eventually comforted her.

 

There is a saying that the more you tell a crying woman not to cry, the more she will shed tears. It's exactly what happened to her when Jessica told her comforting words.

 

If Yoong was here, he would have nonstop as a crybaby.

 

Rememberin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter