360 Degrees: End and Beginning

Triangle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Unnie. Is it alright if I ask you something?"

 

Taeyeon, who was sitting by the passenger’s seat, nodded in approval at Tiffany's question. They are driving back to Jessica's unit after buying the ingredients Taeyeon needs for her beef recipe.

 

"Sure. What is it?"

 

"There are a few couples I know that are already divorced but they have bad bloods with each other. I just wonder why you and Yul orabeoni isn't like that."

 

Taeyeon smiled at her. "Why? Do you want us to go at each other's throats?"

 

Tiffany pulled the car at the sidewalk since she was flailing her arms like crazy.

 

"No, unnie. I didn't mean it that way."

 

Taeyeon guffawed loudly. "Oh Tiffany, I was only messing with you."

 

"Oh. But unnie I really didn't mean it that way."

 

"I know." Taeyeon gestured her to drive away. "You're probably thinking that because we have no bad blood, maybe the two of us have divorced in good terms."

 

Tiffany nodded.

 

"Well we didn't."

 

Tiffany was rather surprised. She really thought Taeyeon and Yul went separate ways in good terms that's why until now they have a close relationship.

 

"It was really heart breaking, Tiffany. Yul was the only one I've ever loved and I just can't bring myself to find another."

 

"You mean the reason why you're still not dating anyone is because you haven't seen the right guy yet?"

 

"No, Tiff. I'm still in love with Yul."

 

Now that was something Tiffany didn't totally expect.

 

 

****

 

"Yul." Taeyeon whined even though there is a smile on her face. "Your dad is probably looking for us."

 

"Don't worry. He'll know what we're up to if he found us missing."

 

Yul continued to drag Taeyeon along the corridor of the huge Kwon manor. Ever since they got together, their families, who were coincidentally friends with each other, decided to marry them off. The Kwons wanted to have Taeyeon as Yul's wife and the same goes for the Kims.

 

Tonight was their engagement party. The introduction of the couple and the party proper was finally done and Yul couldn't wait to have his now fiancee all by himself.

 

"You look gorgeous with that dress." Yul noted how the red dress complimented Taeyeon's petite structure. "And hot."

 

Taeyeon exactly knew where this is going. He was pulling her upstairs where his room is.

 

"Woah!"

 

The couple paused in their tracks when Jaejoong, Taeyeon's brother, emerged from the guest room wearing a sly grin.

 

"May I remind you two that this ain't your honeymoon." He teased. "The two of you just got engaged. You didn't get married."

 

"I know that perfectly, hyung." Yul returned the grin. "But you can't blame me if I can't keep my hands off your sister."

 

Jaejoong eyed his sister from head to toe. If Taeyeon wasn't his sister he would have tapped her.

 

"You've hit the jackpot Yul. Just remember to treat her well or else…"  Jaejoong showed his fist. "…you'll get it from me."

 

Taeyeon air slapped her brother. "Oppa!"

 

"I'm serious, Kim Taeyeon." He darted his gaze to Yul. "I'm serious, Kwon Yul."

 

"Don't worry, hyung! I'll treat her well!"

 

Taeyeon held on to Yul's words.

 

 

****

 

 

Taeyeon scoffed in disbelief. She can't believe Yul was accusing her of something she didn't do.

 

Here they are in their living room, lights dimmed, fighting about something petty. According to Taeyeon, that is.

 

"Yul." Taeyeon retorted as calm as possible. It would be bad if both of them would be irrational. She's the more patient between the two anyway and she needed to be one right at this moment. "I told you before that we will film a kissing scene, right? Then why are you mad right now? You gave me your permission."

 

Four months after giving birth to their first son Yoong, Taeyeon's dad who own a recording studio, offered a contract to her daughter. It was no secret for the public though that she's already a wife and a mother at a young age. The Kwons and Kims weren't so cheap advertising the news. There were no bad comments though. It's the '80s, wherein marrying at a young age is fine. It was the time where arrange marriages is common. It wasn't a big deal.

 

"I know, Taeng." Yul heaved a sigh. He slumped back the couch looking very weary. "It's just don't like it seeing you with another man."

 

Taeyeon's face softened. She knew of her husband's possessive and jealous nature. She can't blame him if he's acting this way.

 

"Yul. I didn't enjoy the kiss. I was acting. I had to make it real because that's what the director said." She finally answered his accusations. He said earlier that she look liked she was enjoying the kiss.

 

She walked over to where he is and straddled his lap.

 

"It wasn't even torrid. That was just a simple peck." She wrapped her arms around his neck. "Now this, this is a kiss."

 

She captured his lips tenderly and Yul instinctively circled his arms around her waist. The kiss was tender, full of emotions and with a little tongue.

 

"I'm sorry if I snapped. I just can't bear to see you with someone else." Yul stared into Taeyeon's hazel eyes. His new born son definitely got his eyes from his mother. "And you know how jealous I get, possessive even."

 

"I know."

 

Taeyeon dove down to resume their make out. His hands that were previously on her waist descended down a little, squeezing her . Taeyeon smiled into the kiss, snaking her tongue inside his parted mouth.

 

Whatever they were doing would have gone deeper if they didn't hear loud cries from the baby room.

 

Yul pulled away with a frown.

 

"He sure does know when to cry."

 

Taeyeon giggled. Giving him a last peck, she left his lap and went to the baby room. The look of tiredness after a whole day of recording was washed away when she saw her little four months angel rolling around the crib.

 

"Hey, Yoongie." She picked him up as if he is a delicate gem, in which he is for Taeyeon. He's her greatest treasure. "Why are you crying?"

 

She checked his fabric undies. "Oh. You peed. My baby peed."

 

She swings him in her arms and his crying stopped. He glanced up and smiled, lifting his arms up while opening and closing his hands. He was happy to see his mother.

 

Taeyeon laid him down the table while making faces at him. He would giggle every single time and it also made Taeyeon smile at herself. His laughter was music to her ears. She unpinned the fabric and threw it at the laundry basket. She powdered his and saw a bluish mark. That was his little birth mark. Then she powdered his little junior.

 

Taeyeon chuckled when he was crossing his legs in the air, not letting her see his buddy.

 

"I have to pin your undies." She said even though he didn't understand. She chuckled and pried it open in order to pin it up. Once done, she lifted him up gently. "I'm so sorry baby. Mom, has been too busy lately."

 

The said boy giggled, as if telling her it was okay. Just then a pair of strong arms slid around her waist. Taeyeon smiled, knowing perfectly who the perpetrator is.

 

"Yoong... Your mom has been forgetting about us."

 

Taeyeon could tell Yul was pouting since from the corner of her eyes she can see his lower lip puckered. She slightly turned her head to see if she is right and she is.

 

"I'm sorry, Yul. But I told dad that once my promotions are done, I'll take a leave." Taeyeon rubbed her nose against his. "So where do you wanna go? Me, you and Yoong will have a great time!"

 

"Anywhere as long as I'm with you."

 

That very moment Taeyeon beheld a spectacular sight of a family.

 

 

****

 

 

Taeyeon pulled the sheets up to cover her body. Beside her was Yul who was now soundly asleep. She spared him a glance before turning around, her back facing him.

 

They just finished a wild make up after another fight. It was about Taeyeon's lack of time for her husband and her son. Again. That was what Yul has said but Taeyeon couldn't see how she was at fault.

 

She was trying her best to balance her time between work, school and her family. She decided to finish her acting major because ever since she has stepped to the biz she realized just how she liked it. Acting major will snatch her a job in a movie or drama soon. After her filming and recordings, Taeyeon would rush home to take care of her two year old son and of course she wouldn't forget about Yul.

 

There was no problem during the first year of their marriage. Yul understood her. In fact he cheered her on and he sympathizes with her busy schedule. But after that he gradually changed. He was demanding more time from her and he once told her to quit her job. She got mad at him when she said that and they didn't talk to each other for days but eventually they made up.

 

Taeyeon wasn't greedy. She didn't want to quit being a singer because it has always been her dream ever since she has held a microphone when she was only a child. But no matter how much she love her dream she would give more than half of her time to her husband and son. They were her first priorities. So she talked to Yul about quitting the biz and he said that he was wrong for making her choose between her dream and her family when she can have both. But Taeyeon said this family is her dream.

 

So far everything has been smooth. His mood swings was always there but Taeyeon would know just how to calm him down.  Not only did his mood swings got worst, his possessiveness and jealous nature also intensified. That's why Yul asked her dad to avoid pairing her to any guy be it in her movies, dramas, CFs or even MVs. So far he didn't get all cranky and jealous.

 

That was until today. Yul found out about Wooyoung, the new in-house producer of Taeyeon's studio. He didn't like him ever since so he got angry at Taeyeon when he saw her talking to him when he came to pick her up.

 

Taeyeon sighed. She rolled on her side to get a glimpse of Yul, the only man in her life.

 

Somehow he is slowly becoming a different man. His possessiveness and jealousy are a lot more often and it became worse. He would snap more often and Taeyeon would have a hard time explaining herself. It's not like she's doing anything wrong. She had to change her manager to Sunny because her previous manager who is a guy has been a subject to her husband's rage.

 

Taeyeon carefully shifted closer to Yul, snuggling into his arms. Her lower area was a bit sore because he was rough on her tonight so she moved as gentle as possible.

 

Taeyeon thinks the man holding her right now is a different person already. It scared her to think that way.

 

Trailing his face with her fingers, Taeyeon grew afraid of their status.

 

"What's happening Yul?"

 

 

****

 

 

"Taeyeon."

 

Taeyeon looked up at Yul's father. He was worriedly looking at her. How can he not? There was a cut on her lip and there was a blackish spot by the corner of her right eye. There were also red marks all over her bodies. Those are probably hickeys Yul gave her but most of the marks had turned purple. One can tell that one went too far marking her.

 

"How long has Yul been doing this?"

 

Taeyeon shook her head. She carried the crying Yoong in her arms. He fell down while chasing after the puppy Taeyeon just bought.

 

The elderly Kwon sighed. "Taeyeon-ah. You need to tell me about this."

 

"I'm okay Appa."

 

"My son is hurting you."

 

"He apologized and I forgave him already."

 

"Taeyeon-"

 

Taeyeon settled down the now hushed Yoong back on the floor. The four year old boy continued running around the house chasing after Taeyeon's black puppy named Ginger. She bought it to accompany her son. She turned her attention back to her father-in-law.

 

"Yul doesn't mean it. He can be a little over possessive and a jealous freak but at the end of the day he still loves me and I still love him."

 

"I don't doubt my son's feelings about you nor your feelings towards him, but whatever he's doing to you needs to stop. You should be out there filming your first drama but instead you are here hiding your appearance."

 

"Appa."

 

"When was the last time the two or you made love not just ? And if the two of you have did you even agree or did he force himself onto you?"

 

"Appa. Please lower your voice." Taeyeon glanced over her son who is sitting on the carpeted floor hugging the dog he finally caught. He was staring at the two individuals with a curious look. Who wouldn't when he just heard his grandpa's loud voice? "Yoong can understand you."

 

Daddy Kwon sighed and complied with his daughter-in-law's wishes. "Taeyeon-ah. I know my son."

 

"I know Yul too, appa. He promised me he will never do that again."

 

"You don't know him entirely, Taeyeon-ah."

 

Taeyeon creased her forehead. "What do you mean, appa?"

 

"Yul… he's mentally unstable."

 

Taeyeon gasped, not believing what she just heard.

 

"When Yul lost his mom, it took a great toll for his mental state. He was overly attached to his mom so when we lost her, he had a mental breakdown."

 

Taeyeon was unmoving. She was in disbelief and in shock. She doesn't know if her father-in-law is speaking the truth or not.

 

"The doctor said that when an individual tend to value someone more than what is healthy could hurt us mentally or emotionally. For Yul, when his mom died, it affected his emotional and mental state. We had to send him to a psychologist for a therapy. It worked and he was back to normal. He was perfectly fine but seeing it now I think he has grown too much attached to you."

 

"I’m not sure what you mean, appa."

 

"Taeyeon-ah. That is the reason why he is possessive over you; why he doesn't want any guy near you. He doesn't want to lose you. He is afraid to lose you."

 

After processing everything, Taeyeon flashed Daddy Kwon a warm smile. Placing a hand on his shoulder, she gave it a light squeeze.

 

"Don't worry appa. Yul won't lose me."

 

That would have been the case if only Yul didn't go overboard.

 

 

****

 

 

"Yoong!"

 

Taeyeon rushed to her son. The back of Yoong's shirt is soaked in blood. He was harshly swatted by Yul when the young boy attempted to separate his dad from her mom. He hit one of the vases his mom ordered from China and his back landed in one of the broken pieces.

 

"Oh my god! Yoong!" Taeyeon was having a panic attack right now. Seeing her son, who she never let a single mosquito touch his skin, bleeding profusely, was driving her insane. She turned to her unmoving husband who just like her is shocked not just with his son's situation but also with what he did. "Yul, let's take him to the hospital."

 

"Yul!"

 

"Kwon Yul!"

 

Yul snapped out of his stupor and carried his bleeding son into the back of his car. Taeyeon sat beside Yoong who was writhing in pain. He cannot lie on his back since it was hurting like hell so Taeyeon made him roll on his side, his head resting on her lap.

 

Why did Yoong have to separate his dad and mom in the first place? Well f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter