Making a turn from what is right

Triangle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pardon the errors for this story. I have limited connection and just relying to shops so I don't have ample time to edit. I will tomorrow.

    ****

 

The moment Taeyeon woke up, she was surprised she already found herself inside the hotel room she shared with Yul.

 

Sitting up, she tried to remember what happened last night. Did it really happen? Did she really see Yoong and Jessica together? She was still in the denial stage. She didn't want to remember anything because it pained her heart. Yoong and Jessica both made a fool out of Yul and Tiffany. She felt anger building inside her.

 

How long were the two of them messing around behind Yul's back? Tiffany came to the picture late but Jessica and Yul have been dating for so long. Taeyeon closed her eyes but the moment she did, what she saw last night flashed behind her close eyelids like a movie projector.

 

Taeyeon quickly opened her eyes. She wanted to be angry but that would be hypocrite of her. She was having an affair with Yul as well, she just didn't realize that Jessica was having an affair too and to a married man that is. She wanted to blame something, someone- anyone- but she couldn't. It was a very messy web that she got entangle with.

 

Taeyeon heard a door open then close followed by soft footsteps. In no time Yul appeared and he quickly went to her side.

 

"Good morning." She said, flashing a small smile.

 

"Good morning." He held her hand, squeezing it gently as if to assure if she's well. "What happened? You out." He gazed at her full of worry.

 

"I-" She stammered. She was still at a lost. "I'm fine. Maybe I was just tired."

 

"That's it? You looked unwell last night. You looked like you saw a ghost or something." He prodded even further. He is dead worried and until he get the explanation behind her sudden fainting, he won't be able to keep calm. "Is something bothering you? Your face right now is the same face you had last night before you fainted."

 

"Nothing Yul I'm just-" Taeyeon looked away. She doesn't know what to say.

 

"Wait. Were you worried about Jessica? I've noticed you've been bothered about her." Yul cupped her face delicately as if she's a fragile object. "What do I need to say for you to believe me that I'll end things with her once I'm ready?"

 

"I believe you." She replied in a soft whisper. "I just- Yul... What if Jessica-" She stopped. Should she ask him what if Jessica is cheating on him?

 

"What if?"

 

"Did it ever cross your mind, like what if Jessica's unfaithful to you or something like that?" She tried to sound nonchalant because she didn't want to break the news that obvious. She knew it will devastate Yul and the relationship between the father and son might be ruined.

 

Yul shook his head. "I never thought of it. Jessica can never do something like that. She's pretty much someone who value rules in life. Also her pride wouldn't allow her to. She's very loyal that's why I feel bad about cheating behind her yet I can't lie to myself any more. I want to be with you, Taeng."

 

Taeyeon slumped her shoulders down. Yul is so innocent, so naive to think that Jessica isn't capable of cheating. Taeyeon was torn. She's in a dilemma. What should she do now? Does she tell Yul the truth now?

 

If she tells him now then the relationship between Yul and Yoong might be ruined. Yoong also has the possibility of running away with Jessica. What about Tiffany then?

 

If she confronts her son or Jessica, aside from running away, the dynamics and foundation of her family might fall apart. Yoong might even be disown by his grandparents. Taeyeon didn't want that. She didn't want to have her son leave her side, not now not ever.

 

So until she figures out what to do with the situation, she'll carefully watch everything and act like she doesn't know everything.

 

Gazing at the face of the man looking at her with resolution, Taeyeon smiled lovingly at him.

 

Jessica doesn't know what she will miss out. Yul is the perfect man but she let him go.

 

Yul was startled when Taeyeon engulfed him for a tight hug. He felt her steady breathing and heard her soft whisper by his ear.

 

"I love you, Yul."

 

Grinning from ear to ear, he reciprocated the hug as tight as he could. "Me too, Taeng. I'm glad to have you, again."

 

 

****

 

 

A BMW parked by the complex where Jessica lives. Inside was the same lady and Yoong, who still can't wipe the warm grin off his face. He reached for her hand, tenderly rubbing it with his thumb. Jessica faced him, her gaze piercing through him with the same ardor.

 

"I had fun." She started. "Thanks for the unforgettable experience, Yoong."

 

Yoong saw sparkles in her eyes, indicating how happy she really is. "It was nothing, noona. I was happy you liked it."

 

"Liked it? I loved it!" She pecked his lips. "So are you going home now?"

 

Yoong shook his head. "I will still have to pick Tiffany at the airport. But first I'll have to get my car from Sooyung."

 

"Wait. Did you exchange cars so that no one will notice you going out of the city?" He answered her question with a face splitting grin, making her chuckle. "Very well. Be careful with driving, okay?"

 

She grabbed her things at the back seat and reached for the handle but Yoong held her back, preventing her from opening the door. He grabbed her face and kiss her passionately. He had her for the whole weekend but still he can never get enough of her.

 

Jessica sighed dreamily once they pulled away. Her gaze was full of love and she couldn't help but flash him a rare bright smile. She's not known to be a smiling person in public especially in school.

 

"Hey. Mom invited us for dinner this Wednesday." Yoong whispered softly, his minty breath hitting her face. "Will you come?"

 

"I still don't know Yoong." She frowned. She has a scheduled check-up to the obstetrician her cousin doctor Jihoo recommended on that day after class. "I have some something scheduled that day."

 

Yoong scowled at the revelation that he probably won't see her. "So I won't see you?"

 

Jessica was equally dejected, if not more, because her longing for Yoong has been turning insatiable and she has no idea how to quench that thirst. "Okay. I think I can reschedule my appointment that day."

 

She didn't know whether she did the right thing but when she saw the uncontrollable grin that emerges his face, she knew what she did was right. They both will see each other. Jessica will take every opportunity there is to see Yoong.

 

"That's great!" He exclaimed. "I can see you in three days!"

 

"Why not just come visit me at home?" Jessica mentally slaps herself at the suggestion. "Oh, right. My sister lives with me."

 

"Didn't you encourage her to get her own unit now that she's working?"

 

"Yes, I did. But she told me that it's unpractical. Why have two places when you can share one and save lots of money? Although I hate to admit it but Krystal's got a point." The eldest Jung leaned her shoulder against the car door. "I have to go now. I need to organize some papers for Monday."

 

"But that's tomorrow!" Yoong whined, obviously not willing to let her leave. "Can you not go yet? Stay here first."

 

"Yoong... Tiffany's arriving in an hour. You have to pick her up." Jessica reasoned out. As much as she want to spend time with Yoong, she didn't want him to desert Tiffany.

 

Sighing relently, Yoong nodded albeit with an obvious reluctance. "I get it. You'll call me?"

 

She nodded. "Tomorrow."

 

He grabbed her by the waist, pulling her forward to taste those luscious lips once again. "Beside calling me, I will really appreciate it if you send me pictures, a picture I can jerk by myself. I love you."

 

Jessica slapped his head over the stupid remark. "I'll send you my previous selcas but I'm certainly not sending you any appropriate photos. And I love you too."

 

With one last kiss, Jessica got out the car without looking back. She feared that if she did, she will be tempted to go back inside and the Yoong won't be able to leave. She didn't want that.

 

At the end of the day, Jessica knew Yoong has a wife waiting for him, his legal partner. Jessica's lucky enough that he's sparing some time for her. She's the kitty cat who joined the game, the mistress.

 

Trapped inside the four metal cage known as the elevator, Jessica couldn't stop her hand from caressing her stomach. There is a living organism inside her tummy and in a few months another life will come out of her.

 

Fishing through her bag, she pulled out the paper containing the results of her pregnancy. She always kept the paper with her at all times because whenever she's having doubts that she's only dreaming, looking through the paper made her realize that she's not, that she's in the reality and that all of these are happening: she's pregnant, she's a mistress, she's cheating on Yul and she's lying to Tiffany and Taeyeon.

 

She put the paper inside her bag just as the elevator door slid open. Now she's back to the ice cold Jessica the society has been used to, not the warm and tender Jessica that comes out in front of Yoong.

 

Putting on her facade, Jessica entered her apartment, back into the reality.

 

 

****

 

 

Taeyeon saw that.

 

She saw the glare Jessica gave Yoong when she walked passed him and Tiffany talking a little to close. The glare shifted to Tiffany when she wiped the sweat off Yoong's face with a tissue, their faces merely inches apart.

 

She also saw the grimace Yoong wore when Jessica went to Yul to give him a hug.

 

She opened the door for the Jung sisters earlier and then the moment they entered she saw the gestures that slipped her attention before. Getting to know the secret affair between Yoong and Jessica made her realize of the glances, touches and looks they share before. She thought it was nothing but friendly gestures. It turned out to be something else, something deeper.

 

"Unnie, Krystal and I bought fruits and a cake." Jessica said with a smile, showing Taeyeon the red box she carried. "We didn't want to come empty handed."

 

Taeyeon took the box from her and donned a small smile. "Thanks. Why don't you join Tiffany and Yoong first while Yul and I fix the table?"

 

She saw slight hesitance in Jessica's eyes, knowing the woman didn't want to be anywhere near the married couple.

 

"It's okay unnie. Let me help you instead."

 

Taeyeon didn't argue anymore. She didn't want to push her idea because Jessica might catch up that Taeyeon's suspection- or even more knowledge of her relationship with Yoong.

 

To make the matters more interesting, Tiffany joined them in setting the table but to Taeyeon's surprise Jessica acted very naturally towards Tiffany. It made Taeyeon realized that Yoong and Jessica' acting skills fooled a top notch actress like Taeyeon. It's either that or Taeyeon was really naive to think the closeness between Yoong and Jessica were merely friendly.

 

"Mom!" Yoong came rushing in the kitchen. Krystal was on the phone talking to Heechul and Yul is sleeping because he just got back from an overseas trip. "Guess who's calling?"

 

Taeyeon tried so hard looking at the phone he kept on shaking in the air. "Stop shaking the phone! I can't see it."

 

Yoong stopped and sheepishly showed the screen to his mom. He can't stop jumping from one foot to another. "It's noona! She's calling from Spain!"

 

Taeyeon squinted, trying hard to read the small fonts. "Awww! My favorite niece is calling."

 

Yoong excitedly answered the call and walked away with obvious bounce in his steps. He went to the living room, munching the chips already prepared since he arrived while chatting with his cousin who has been away for quite some time. Apparently being a business consultant and lawyer is a very demanding job not to say she just started her 2nd year residency as a doctor.

 

"Niece? You have a niece unnie? I though it's just Yonghwa and his siblings." Tiffany voiced out her confusion.

 

Taeyeon mixed the bowl of salad with her favorite dressing. "No, it's Jaejoong oppa's daughter."

 

"He has a daughter?" Now Jessica is even surprised. She held the tub of ice cream that Yul bought and put it inside the freezer. "Isn't he gay?"

 

Tiffany gasps, totally not expecting that. "He's gay? Isn't he just feminine?"

 

Taeyeon chuckled. "Yes, he's gay. I thought that was obvious already."

 

Tiffany scratched the back of her neck sheepishly. "Well every time we have dinner together he didn't act and look that way."

 

"Oppa hates that so he never do that. He was married once and then he had a daughter. The marriage was declared null and void because he didn't tell his ex-wife that he was gay."

 

Jessica nodded in understanding. "From the looks of it, Yoong is pretty much close with his cousin."

 

"Yeah, they are close. She just have been busy with studying and studying and studying. And I mean it when I repeated it three times. She took law and business management and now she's started her residency at a hospital in Spain." Taeyeon carried the salad over to the dining table while Jessica and Tiffany followed with the cake and the Sweet and Sour Pork Yoong specificly asked for.

 

"Ah, so that's why I haven't seen her." Tiffany nods pensively.

 

"She stayed with her mom in New York whenever she has a vacation at MIT. It's often us who go there to spend holidays and such. It was a tradition we have been doing since ten years ago. But ever since she focused on her residency, we barely communicated. So whenever she calls, and she often calls Yoong, we get excited." Taeyeon added. She smiled in content when she saw that the table is already set. "Tiffany, why don't you call Yoong? And Jessica, call Krystal. I'll go get Yul and we can all eat dinner."

 

The two women whisked away, leaving Taeyeon staring over Jessica's disappearing back. She has been distracted already when Jessica arrived but she can't help it. She's still battling with her conscience.

 

To confront the situation or just act like she never knew.

 

And though the rational part of her screamed the former, the irrational and the irrevocably in-love with Yul part of her told her to just shut the up and let nature run its course.

 

Turning to her heels to get Yul, Taeyeon chose the latter. She wanted him so badly that she can't allow herself to be away from him any further. She left the decision to her son who to choose. Will he stay with his wife Tiffany? Or go to the woman inside his heart Jessica?

 

 

****

 

"How is Heechul treating you, Krystal?" Taeyeon asked the youngest Jung once they started dinner. She was seated at the end of the six seated dining table while Yul was on the other end. It was a seating order made according to age. Krystal and Jessica were seated together and in front of them are the married couple, Yoong and Tiffany. Yoong and Jessic happened to sit in front of each other. And yes, there is a little bit of foot wrestling going on underneath the table.

 

Krystal swallowed her mouthful. "He's treating me much better now. Ever since I got Yoong oppa to model he has been kind to me. And it's actually starting to freak me out because I was used to him barking orders at me."

 

The table laughed softly at her story.

 

"That's good. Heechul is kind to people he already trust and since you have managed to do the thing he ordered, you're now one of his most trusted colleague. Value that trust as he can be really generous."

 

Yoong snorted. "But I'm still pissed at him. How can he freaking ask me to model?"

 

Tiffany nudged her husband, flashing him a bright grin. "How can you say that, hon? The moment the issue came out  last Monday it was a sold out."

 

Yoong pointed his fork at Taeyeon. "That's because she's part of it. Her fans probably bought it all."

 

"Give yourself some credit, Yoong." Yul said. "The reigning Bachelor of the Year got himself some admirers too."

 

Yoong merely rolled his eyes. "That's not true."

 

Noticing the flustered look on her son's features, Taeyeon decided to change the topic. "So what did your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter