When everything falls apart

Triangle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I HAVE TO UPDATE FPC NOW AND TRIANGLE BEFORE THE COMPUTER SHOP CLOSES SO PARDON THE ERRORS GUYS! We still don't have our internet connection and I am damn pissed at our service provider!

 

This is a super angsty chapter and will probably break hearts. Don't hate me for this guys, this is how the story goes! And no, it is still far from over. I know the pace was fast and it seemed like the end of this chapter is rushed, but I couldn't wait to write the next chapter in the lives of our characters. :D

 

And this is a long one! 20 pages! I wanted to end this chapter as how it will end after you read it bcoz tbh the next chapter is all about change. T_______________________T Soooooo comment, and vote. :))))))

 

ENJOY! XD Ohhhh.... AND HAPPY YOONSIC DAY! <3

 

****

Taeyeon sighed heavily.

 

She was alone in the rehearsal room, practicing late at night for her concert tomorrow. She just finished practicing her choreographies and she's nothing but tired. Yet she can't come home. She's not yet satisfied with her efforts. She needed everything to be perfect for her concert.

 

But before she practices again, she slumps down to catch her breath. Dressed in black tights and pink sports bra, she leaned against the mirrors. She pressed the speaker and listened to her upbeat dance track, mentally dancing to the beat.

 

A soft knock on the door interrupted her thoughts. Looking up she was surprised to find Yul standing by the doorway, a bag of food on his hand.

 

"Hey." He greeted with a smile. "I'm not interrupting, am I?"

 

Once he received a shake of the head, he got inside, closing the door in the process. He sat in front of her, placing the snacks in between them.

 

"I got these for you." He started retrieving the food from the bag. "I called your manager and Sunny told me you decided to stay. Nervous?"

 

"Kind of." Taeyeon admitted truthfully. "I mean even though it's been twenty years, being on stage still makes me nervous. I just hope everything will be perfect."

 

She eyed the banana and salad he bought for her. She frowned however when he took out a cheeseburger which she'll guess was for him especially when Yul unwrapped it, ready to take a bite.

 

"You're eating burger?" Taeyeon frowned. "What about me? Where is my burger?"

 

Yul shook his head, chuckling softly. "I didn't buy one for you. I thought you'd want unfattening food especially since it's your concert tomorrow."

 

"But- Ugh. I've had this diet for weeks!" Taeyeon pouted.

 

Yul laughed, pinching her cheek a little. "Hey, don't worry. Once your concert is over, we'll eat all of your favorite dishes!"

 

She puffed her cheeks in silent compromise. She ate her salad and banana instead. Since no one spoke, the room was drowned with the music blaring from the speakers. Taeyeon looked dazed, probably doing a mental run of her whole show. She can be a bit of a perfectionist when it came to her art, just like how he is a perfectionist when it came to his company.

 

"Let's talk." Yul said once he sees Taeyeon take the last bite of her banana. He has finished his cheeseburger moments ago and just waited for her to finish her share.

 

Taeyeon turned off the speaker, silence quickly enveloping the room. "Okay, go ahead."

 

Yul took a deep breath. He stared at Taeyeon's awaiting face, meeting her clear hazel eyes that always sparkled.

 

"Jessica broke up with me."

 

At that statement, Taeyeon gaped, dumbfounded at what she just heard. Did she just hear it right? Jessica broke it off with Yul?

 

"What?" She said like a robot.

 

Yul scooted forward, reaching of Taeyeon's hand and squeezing it a little as if to tell that this is real. "She broke up with me. I just came from our meeting. She even broke up with me at our favorite restaurant."

 

Taeyeon however was confused. "What? Why did she break up with you?"

 

"She said she's no longer in love with me." Yul answered truthfully. "You know, even though I planned to break up with Jessica, I didn't know I'll feel sad when she told me that. It was a soft blow to the heart."

 

Taeyeon's expression softened. "Do you want her back?"

 

Yul stared into Taeyeon's eyes, violently shaking his head. "Hey... I might be sad but that doesn't mean I want to get back with her." He leaned forward to softly peck her lips. "Didn't I tell you that I want to be with you? I've waited for a long time just to have this chance again."

 

Taeyeon forced a smile, making Yul wonder if the news he broke made Taeyeon blame herself or something.

 

"Hey, look. Even if Jessica didn't break up with me, I would have ended it anyway. I told you that I'll end it right? So that we can be together again, Taeyeon." He squeezed her hand to tell her he's dead serious. "I want to take you out on a date without people saying bad things about you, about us."

 

It's not that Taeyeon wasn't glad to have Yul all for herself. It's just Jessica breaking up with Yul meant that she's gonna choose Yoong. Now where does that leave Tiffany? Now that Jessica is no longer attached, she can freely see Yoong whenever she wanted.

 

"Hey... Are you not happy?" Yul asked again, this time with a worried look.

 

"No, of course I am happy." Taeyeon answered. "I am really happy, Yul. I just felt like I ruined something perfect, your relationship with Jessica."

 

"Why are you thinking that way? You didn't ruin Jessica and I, Taeng. We both fell out of love."

 

Taeyeon scrunched her eyebrows upon hearing that. "What do you mean by that?"

 

"Jessica doesn't love me anymore." Yul explained gently. "She's found someone else."

 

Taeyeon fought the urge to hide the knowing look on her face. Ever since she's learned about Jessica and Yoong's affair, she kept on thinking whether the thing they shared is something out of curiousity. But with Jessica letting go of Yul, it meant she wanted to be with Yoong!

 

"How would you know that?" Taeyeon asked, a bit lost.

 

"Jessica told me." Yul continued, "I mean I can't be angry with her when I also found someone else- or rather I found you again."

 

Noticing the dazed expression of Taeyeon, Yul cannot help but wonder whether the news he just broke to Taeyeon was something she wanted to hear or not.

 

"Hey are you okay? Are you really glad Jessica and I have finally broken up?" Yul prodded carefully.

 

"I'm okay, Yul." Taeyeon reasoned. She rubbed her forehead in hopes of calming her thoughts. "And I am glad, really, I'm glad. I'm just-"

 

"Just?"

 

"Worried." Taeyeon finished. "The concert's tomorrow and this news just overwhelmed me so much."

 

Yul smiled, taking Taeyeon's hand and pecking her lips. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said it right? It could have wait. I just wanted to tell you as soon as possible. And for the concert, I know you'll do great."

 

"Thanks. I hope you're right. I don't want to mess up."

 

"You won't. I'll be there, your family will be there and of course Yoong will be there. He will be your loudest cheerer." Yul quipped with a smile just from imagining his lively son doing just like what he said.

 

Taeyeon pushed a button on the speaker and a slower song of hers came on. Slowly, she laid her head on Yul's thigh, feeling his fingers play with her hair.

 

"Stay with me for tonight." She said, closing her eyes.

 

"Don't worry. I won't go anywhere."

 

 

****

 

 

 

"That was ing awesome!"

 

Was the first thing Yoong said to his mom the moment that he stepped inside the backstage after her concert has finished. He stretched his arms wide open and Taeyeon quickly jump into his embrace.

 

"It was a great concert, mom." Yoong whispered into her ear. "I'm proud of you."

 

Taeyeon pulled away and pecked his cheek. "Thank you, honey. I'm glad you liked it."

 

She scanned the place and noticed familiar faces. Her family was there, Tiffany was there, Yul was there, and to her surprise Jessica was also there. She thought Jessica will opt to not come since she just broke up with Yul but right now Jessica showed no signs of awkwardness when it came to Yul. She even talked to him for a few times but their body language indicated that the interaction was more friendly rather than intimate. Was she not affected by the break-up? Was Yoong that strong of an anchor for her to casually move on?

 

And judging from Yoong's actions, it seem like he is still clueless about the break-up of his other woman and his dad. Jessica letting go of Yul meant one thing- Yoong meant a lot more to her compared to him. She chose Yoong and for her to do that she firstly had to fully understand the effect of the break-up. The whole situation between Jessica, Yoong and Tiffany would be messy since Taeyeon knew Jessica is finally prepared to fight for Yoong.

 

Dating Yul meant being known to the public so Jessica has to be careful with who she will see and on this matter it happened to be Yoong. Meeting Yoong in public would be a lot more difficult now since they no longer have a connection. Yoong can't pick her up anymore. Why would the son of your ex pick you up?

"I enjoyed the concert, unnie." Tiffany said, breaking Taeyeon's disjointed thoughts. "Your voice just blessed the whole stadium."

 

Taeyeon chuckled lightly. "Bless would be too big of a word but thank you, Tiffany. I enjoyed performing as well."

 

"Congratulations, Unnie." This time it was Jessica, stepping forward with a soft smile written upon her features. "It was a huge success."

 

Taeyeon forced a smile. "Thanks. I'm glad all of you enjoyed it. It was a long process but thank goodness it ended well."

 

As a sign of thanks to her wonderful crew, Taeyeon said she'll treat everyone to a restaurant she booked. Loud cheers welcomed her before they resumed whatever they were doing, motivated to finish everything as quickly as possible.

 

The restaurant Taeyeon booked was packed by her crew and family. She was really thankful as well as her company who offered to pay half of the bill. The concert was a success and she felt grateful to everyone who are  here- the staff, her family and her directors. Because of the successful concert, Taeyeon earned herself her fifth Asia tour.

 

Yoong's mouth watered at the display of food around the table. The samgyupsal restaurant was fillent with the scent of pork and beef. The sizzling sound filled the air that was already thick with noise coming from all directions. Everyone was in a good mood and with every table came different topics.

 

Taeyeon sat beside her manager Sunny who has her husband Sungmin sitting on her other side. He works as Taeyeon's PR, dealing with things such as her scandals and other related news. He is mostly the one who gets stressed whenever Taeyeon gets into negative situations.

 

However, there is a saying that bad publicity is still publicity. It's not sales that count, it's publicity. That's why Taeyeon acted in dramas and movies and conducted concerts. Things that are watched, viewed, and heard by many will always guarantee publicity. People will always remember you, they will always see you. Taeyeon may no longer be that young idol that exuded innocence and purity, but she's lady with endless charms and as she grew older, she undergone many changes in her image. For someone who's in her late thirties, mature and y contents suited her.

 

"Wow. This beef is the best." Yoong said after swallowing a lettuce wrap. "Korean beef is the best."

 

Tiffany who was seated on Yoong's left attended to her husband, putting cooked meat on his bowl. She even wiped his mouth that was messy from the sauces. She happily served him and the hums that he made each bite indicated he was very satisfied. It made Tiffany smile in content.

 

"Yoong and Tiffany look good together." said Sungmin. He emphasized his statement by pointing his chopsticks to the couple. "Tiffany treats Yoong so well. How I wish my Bunny will pay attention to me the same way."

 

Sunny shook her head at the cheap jab. "Here."

 

She put a piece of meat on his bowl and a wide grin quickly surfaced his face. He's easily appeased so it's not that hard to deal with him. It's one of the reasons why they've lasted for seventeen years.

 

"Slow down, Yoong." said Yul, chuckling a little with how Yoong gobbled down each wrap and meat. "They food isn't going anywhere."

 

"It's been a while since I've eaten in a Korean restaurant." Yoong explained after swallowing a mouthful. Hhe tried reaching for the green pepper that was on his far right so Jessica, who was seated on his right side, handed him over a piece. "Thanks, noona."

 

Breaking off about an inch of pepper, he included it inside his wrap that had already onions and garlic inside it.

 

"That's gonna be spicy." Jessica warned.

 

Yet all she got was a face splitting grin before Yoong put the lettuce wrap fully inside his mouth.

 

Taeyeon watched with wary eyes at how Jessica looked on worriedly as Yoong's ears started to turn red. The spiciness was getting to him but that didn't stop him from eating.

 

"By the way," Sungmin wiped the corner of his lips. "When do you plan to have a kid?" He stared at Yoong and Tiffany.

 

Yoong choked with his wrap, coughing out bits of rice along the way. He didn't see that question coming and to say he was taken aback would be an understatement. Tiffany quickly rubbed Yoong's back while Jessica handed him a glass of water. Tiffany would have performed the heimlich manuever had the coughing not stop.

 

"Be careful, Yoong." Taeyeon said with a worried expression. Before she can utter another word, she noticed Jessica nervously biting her lower lip, looking away as if she didn't want to hear the conversation.

 

"You surprised him, hon." Sunny playfully tapped Sungmin's shoulder.

 

"Did I? Well, I'm sorry. I was just curious." Sungmin chuckled, oblivious of the slightly awkward air. "What about you, Yul? No thoughts of getting married again?"

 

Yul stared up ahead of the table where Jessica is sitting. She was staring right back at him and it was then when he saw guilt behind those eyes.

 

"I still haven't thought of that." Yul answered, refraining from disclosing his closed episode with Jessica.

 

Sunny hit Sungmin again, this time with intent. "Shut it, hon. Don't ask these kinds of questions. Look, it just made the atmosphere awkward."

 

Sungmin raised his hands in mock surrender, resuming in eating his dinner. Sunny apologized to the rest before digging in again.

 

Taeyeon noticed the tense atmosphere between Tiffany and Yoong as well as Jessica and Yul. And it made her feel guilty that in each couple, she knew each secret. Yoong was cheating on Tiffany with Jessica and the latter and Yul are finally separated.

 

"Excuse me. I need to go to the loo." Jessica slowly excused herself from the table.

 

She couldn't bear to stand the suffocating atmosphere. Who has thought that a simple question would render her frozen?

 

 

****

 

 

Yoong excused himself a few minutes after Jessica left. He lied about having a sudden urge to take a dump. He just needed to talk to Jessica and clear some things.

 

He spotted her by the waiting area near the lavatory where there are the sinks lined up and mirror right in front. She had her hands anchored on the counter, breathing heavily as she stared at her reflection.

 

"Are you okay?"

 

Jessica glanced over her right shoulder and spotted Yoong slowly approaching her.

 

"Don't." She pleaded softly. "Please, not now."

 

Yoong stayed rooted on his spot, afraid to push her buttons wrong. Jessica is very emotional nowadays.

 

"Ignore what he said." Yoong slowly said. "I have no plans of-"

 

"Shut it." Jessica croaked out. "Not now, I said."

 

But Yoong didn't want to leave this issue unresolve. "I have no plans of getting Tiffany pregnant. What about you? Will you marry dad?"

 

Jessica took a deep sigh. "You know who owns my heart. I can't marry Yul when all that I can think about is you."

 

Yoong attempted to come closer and when she didn't move or say anything, he held her arm, running his palm down her hand. Before he can even hold her hand, she flinched and moved away.

 

"Please. I really need some time alone right now, Yoong." Jessica pleaded once again and Yoong knew it was his cue to leave.

 

"Call me tomorrow." Yoong said as he turn to leave.  "I need to know you're fine."

 

Jessica nodded and with that Yoong turned to leave. He didn't want to further make the girl feel upset so it's best to just go. He donned a smile to dismiss the fact that he was feeling in case somebody notice the sudden change in his mood.

 

 

****<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter