Chapter 19

Love Is Blind

 

*ring*ring*ring*

 

“Yoebseyo?” Daesung pick up the phone.

“Daesung-ah?” said a voice.

“Jiyong hyung?” he asked curiously.

“Ne.” he said in short.

“What’s wrong, hyung?”

“Actually, I want you to help me.” he replied calmly.

“Wae, hyung?”

“I can’t explain now, can you come to my house?”

“Ne, arasso.” he said and hung up the phone.

What’s wrong with Jiyong hyung? What he want me to help him?” he asked himself.

 

After a few minutes later, he arrived at Jiyong’s house. He already in front of the entrance door and he bell the ring.

“Ohh, Daesung?” said Mrs. Kwon.

“Ne.” he smiles and bows.

“Aish, you getting older already.” she continued.

Daesung chuckled.

“It’s already been a long time you don’t come here.”

“Ne, all of us busy lately.” he replied kindly.

“Omoni, where’s Jiyong hyung?” he asked.

“Ohh, Jiyong. He’s upstairs. It’s good you are here.”

“What’s wrong, omoni?”

“Molla, Jiyong seem distressful lately. When I tried to ask him, he will avoid it.” she sighed.

“Kwenchana, omoni. I will try to talk with him.” he smile and went upstairs.

He went upstairs and tries to find Jiyong.

“Jiyong hyung?” he said as he saw Jiyong at the balcony holding a photo.

Daesung remember that photo. It is when all of you celebrate your birthday before all of you enter the university.

“Daesung-ah, you are here already.” he shocked as he heard Daesung’s voice.

“Hyung, is that _____’s picture?” he asked.

“Ohh, this. Ne.” he replied.

Daesung just nodded. “Hyung, your omma really worried about you. She said you looked distressful. What’s wrong, hyung?” he asked.

He sighed as Daesung asked him that question. “I don’t know, Daesung-ah. After _____ doesn’t want to talk with me and she ignored me, I felt I lose something big in my life.”

“Hyung, do you love her?” he asked.

“I don’t know Daesung-ah but, if I do, will she love me back?”

“Hyung, so far I know, she only loves you, nothing else.”

Jiyong startled after he heard it. Daesung is right. You had been told him that you love him. Now, he know it, the happiness that he want is be with you, even though you don’t love him back, as long you were there with him.

“Aish, why I am this stupid.” he hit his head.

“Wae, hyung?”

“Daesung-ah, why I am so blind? Why I can’t realize my feeling towards her?” he said as he shakes Daesung’s body.

“So, you actually love her?”

“Daesung-ah, you have to help me, arasso?” he asked and smile to Daesung.

Daesung just smile bitterly. He doesn’t sure if he wants to help him or not. If he helps Jiyong, he might lose you but Jiyong also his best friend.

 

“_____-ah?” your appa said from downstairs.

“Ne, appa?” you asked and went downstairs.

“Ohh, Daesung oppa?” you said as you saw him.

Daesung just smile and entered your house.

“Where are you from, oppa?” you asked him and went upstairs.

“Ohh.” he startled. “Hang out.” he continued and doesn’t tell you the truth that he from Jiyong’s house.

“YA, why you don’t tell me?” you began to pout.

“You don’t tell me, you want to join too.” he said.

“Aish, this oppa don’t remember his best friend already.”

“YA, next time oppa will bring you somewhere, arasso?” he said.

“Yeaay! Oppa really the best.” you said and give him thumbs up.

He just smiled and pick out one of your book on your shelf.

“_____-ah, you read this book?” he asked you as he shows you that book.

“What book, oppa?”

“Love vs. Friendship?” he told you the title of the book.

“Ohh, that book. You should read it oppa.” you smiled at him.

“What the story about?” he asked you.

“Well, triangle love.” you said calmly.

“Triangle love?” he asked you again.

“Ne, it is when one of her friend that love her so much have to sacrifice for the sake the one that he really loves for his own best friend.” you tell him in detail.

“Ohh, arasso. Oppa will read it.” he smiled. “Ow, this is from Jiyong hyung, isn’t?” he asked as he saw a birthday present from Jiyong when they still at the secondary school with the picture of all of you.

“Ne.” you answered him shortly.

“_____-ah, you still love him?” Daesung asked you suddenly.

“What? Aniyo, I just love to see our picture.” you exclaimed.

“Erm, arasso.” he replied even though he really sure you still love Jiyong.

 

The next day,

You went downstairs for having your breakfast as usual before you went to the university. When you downstairs, you didn’t saw your appa around. You start to worry when all the lamp was switch off.

“Appa?” you said.

However there’s no respond.

Suddenly,

“Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to _____. Happy birthday to you.” your appa sing a birthday song for you.

Omo, today’s my birthday?” you asked yourself.

“_____-ah, blow the candle and make a wish.” your appa said.

You blow the candle and make a wish. “Appa, kamsahamnida.” you said happily and hug him.

“Ne, appa love you like it.”

“Omo, appa. Its 10 minutes left.” you said as you see your watch.

Because the class will start in 8 o’clock in the morning so, you went outside in rushed.

After 5 minutes later, you went inside.

“_____-ah, you don’t go to school yet? I thought it’s already late.” your appa asked as he still saw you there.

“Ne, it should be. But, last night TOP oppa told me that he will fetch me today.” you start to panic.

Suddenly, you received a new message from TOP.

“_____-ah, oppa mianhae. Oppa can’t fetch you this morning. Oppa have an urgent assignment to do. See you later ______-ah.”

From: TOP oppa.

 

“Aish, this oppa-ah.” you said after you read the text.

Without wasting your time, you went to the station bus.

It’s already 8.08 am. You already arrived at the university.

Why TOP oppa don’t tell me he has an assignment today. Aish! Now, I am late again in Mr. Kim’s class.” you murmured alone at the corridor.

When you are arrived in front of your door’s class. You take deep breath and hope Mr. Kim will not mad at you. Slowly, you opened the door.

“SURPRISE!!” said a crowd voice.

You become speechless as you see there are TOP, Daesung, Yongbae, Seungri and also Jiyong with the other students from another course. You were so moved.

After they done sing a birthday song for you. You blow the candle. Everyone cheer for you.

“YA, oppa-ah, is this your urgent assignment?” you asked TOP.

He just giggled. “Ne.”

“Oppa, kamsahamnida.” you said to him because you thought he’s the one that made this event for you.

“Wae? It’s not oppa who made this event.” he replied.

“What? So, who is it?” you asked.

“It’s Daesung hyung.” Seungri said as he played with the balloon.

“Ohh, chincha?”

“Daesung oppa, kamsahamnida.” you said to Daesung as you saw him chatted with Jiyong.

“Err, _____-ah.” he began to stutter. “Actually, it’s Jiyong hyung’s idea.”