Page 6: Miho as Cinderella

Lucky Star

 

Ushio woke me up. “Hey, nee-chan what happened last night?” Ushio had questions since Jun Omori drove me home. I was in the bed and beside me was Ushio.

I smiled as I remembered what happened. I felt that I’m Cinderella who found my prince charming. I told Ushio what I feel.

 

“Do you think he’s serious with you?” asked Ushio.

 

“Actually I really don’t know” I admitted. “…But every time I see him, every time I’m with him my heart wants to burst.  I’m really happy.”

 

“Then, there’s no problem”

 

“What do you mean?” I asked my brother.

 

Ushio clarified. “For me others opinions are not important. As long as you’re happy, stay. If one day things get complicated and pour you pain, that will be the time to stop.”

 

As usual, his words were uplifting. “Arigatou Ushio”

 

 

I was alone cleaning the house when somebody knocked. It was Ushio’s mom.

 

“I’m hungry” she said.

 

I quickly went to the kitchen to cook food. I tasted the food twice to make sure it was delicious.  I was confident that my step mom will love it. I went back to the living room to call her, proud but tension occurred. I found her holding the gown I wore last night. 

“Who gave you permission to use this?” Step mom fired her eyes on me.

I don’t know what to say, I was really afraid.

“I repeat, who told you to use this?” she yelled.

 

“U-Ushio…” I said.

 

“You and your mother are really the same.”

 

I paused for what I heard.

 

Ushio’s mom continued “Your mother took my husband and now, here’s her daughter taking my son. You are an utterly supplant! Your mother was a user!  

 

  “Stop!” My ears couldn’t take it. “My mother wasn’t here so stop insulting her.”

 

“How dare you talking to me like that?!” She slapped me. “Leave. Leave my house and don’t return anymore!”

 

“Auntie I’m sorry” Meekness was necessary, so I apologized.

 

“I said LEAVE!”

 

It was my fault, I admitted it. I begged her but she didn’t listen.  She grabbed me out.

 

 

Deep inside, I want a mother. Like Cinderella I want my step mom to love me as her real daughter, but it seemed impossible.

 

“Hello!” I called Jun using a pay phone. He was busy but didn’t hang the phone.

 

“Why did you call?” he asked.

 

“No, it’s nothing.”  I didn’t have courage to ask him for help. For once I thought to help my self alone but no matter what I do, I can’t think of any solution. I felt so down.

 

After mourning for a minute, I called Ushio. I called him because I don’t want him to worry.

 

“Nee-chan, where are you?  I apologize in behalf of my mom.  I already talk to her, you can go back now.”

 

“Don’t worry Ushio, I’m fine. I think it will be better if I’m not there.”

 

“Where are you going to stay?”

 

“I’m with Jun” I lied.

 

“Okay, I guess you’re right. It will be better if you’re away from my mom, but if you need help don’t hesitate to ask me.”

 

“Okay, Arigatou Ushio.”

 

“Thank you” that was the only word I can say to him. I wish I can do other things for my brother.

 

Jun Omori attended an Awarding Ceremony. During the event, his phone rang, somebody was calling. “Excuse me.” He left the conference hall to answer his phone, it was Ushio.

 

“Where did you get my number?”

 

“It’s not important.  I just drop a call because of my sister.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Jun, I’ll give you the responsibility for her. Please make her feel special.”

 

“That’s all?”

 

“Another thing, give me your account number, I’ll send money for her allowance just don’t tell her about this.”

 

“I don’t get it, allowance?”

 

“Yes, she’s with you, right?”

 

Jun had hint. He realized the situation.

 

 “Don’t worry" he suddenly declared. "In my side, Miho will be fine.”

 

“Where are you going?” Sho asked Jun as he saw him getting his car.

 

“I need to find Miho!”

 

“Is she your girlfriend? Are you sure about it?”

 

Jun gave inappropriate answer... “I need to find her”

 

“So you’re getting on it. I wonder what will be the reaction of our Kouji if he heard this.”

 

“I need to go.”

 

“Let me help you.”Sho offered a help. He used his own car to find me.

 

Jun can’t see me anywhere. “Where did you go, where are you?”

 

1 hour passed.

Sho dropped a call “Jun, I think I already saw her.”

 

“Where, where is she?”

 

“Here, at the front of Red Cake house.

 

“Okay, I’ll go there. Thanks Sho."

 

 

Jun found me standing at the front of the cake house.

 

Miho!” she called

 

As I saw Jun, I felt warm in my heart. Like Cinderella I found my prince charming.

 

Jun hugged me.

 

“Next time, approach me if you have problem.” He said.

 

In his shoulder, I cried.

 

Now, Cinderella had home. Her prince charming will keep her.

 

Wonder why I stayed at the front of the cake house? It because I had only one happy memory with my mother, it was when she bought me a cake.