Page 8: Miho and Hitomi (Origami)

Lucky Star

 

 

"The craft of paper folding in Japan has been passed down from mother to child for generations, right up until the present day. Origami thus embodies skills that have been developed through play and enjoyment over the ages.  Traditions designs, such as the popular crane"

 

 

paper-crane.jpg

 

Class was done. I was about to go when Min ho asked me. “Hey, Miho want to see a movie?”

            I turned to him “Movie?”

            “Yes, c’mon it’s my treat” he said grabbing my right hand.

            “No, I’m sorry!” I refused pulling my hand away. “I promised to accompany Mitta so maybe next time. Gomen Min ho”

            Min ho smiled “It’s okay, have fun with Mitta”

 

            Mitta was one of the most popular girls in school. It was Min ho who introduced me to their group. I felt so awkward hanging around with them-young girls, but I bear it. I want to earn friends.

            Our first destination was in Harajuku, a manga store. It was my first time visiting a comic book store in Tokyo. I was amazed, wanting to stay there forever.

            “So, you like manga?” asked Mitta.

            I nodded, still fascinating in my surroundings.

            “We also love reading manga” said Mitta. Her other three friends agreed. All of them took the manga “Origami” by Hitomi Kasahara.

            “What’s that?” I asked.

            “You said you love manga but you didn’t know this?” one of them commented. That was the time I learned about Origami, the top seller manga today. It was written by Hitomi Kasahara.

            “Hitomi is our favorite mangaka” Mitta stated. “She’s 24 and yet very popular and pretty. Try reading her manga”

            “My favorite is Chisa Ishida” I said “But okay I’ll try reading Kasahara’s titles”

           

             When I returned home, I started reading. Origami is a shoujo manga published by Ishida. The story is about the love of childhood sweethearts who will battle against death. The manga was drawn well. The plot of the story was really beautiful-so touchy. I cried upon reading. How can a 24 year old make such great manga like this while me, cannot? I fell asleep having those thoughts in my mind.

 images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-j-mjBG6kQtnhcixuUIA   images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsCouu_xknXuVcI8Qi1iw 

from sad love  story

 

            Jun came late. He didn’t wake me up but put the blanket over me. He also saw the manga I was reading. “Origami…” he whispered.

 

            I went to school earlier.

            “Good morning Miho!” Min ho greeted.

I greeted him back.

            He smiled on me. “I heard from Mitta that you like Chisa Ishida, I also like her.”

            “Really, what a co-incident! I exclaimed. “I love Chisa-sama especially her manga Momo’s residence.”

            “That was also my favorite” replied Min ho. “By the way, are you free this afternoon, let’s watch a movie”

            “Sure” I responded. This time, I granted his request.

 

            That afternoon I and Min ho went in the nearest theater. We were going to watch the action-fantasy movie entitled “Ensatsu Kokuryuha”

            “It’s Jun” I whispered as I saw his movie poster.

            “You know Jun Omori? He’s the main character in this movie”

 

            This was my first time seeing Jun in a movie. His acting was superb, I felt his character.

            “Amazing!” I bit out while eating pop corn.

            “Do you like him?”

            “Jun Omori? Yes I love him!” I answered.

            Min Ho laughed. “So, you’re his fan”

            I just nodded. Of course no one should know that I was living with Jun.

            “Hey, Miho…want to know my secret?” he hissed.

I looked at him “What secret?”

            He bent to reach my ear “Jun Omori is my brother”

            “Eh?”

I can’t believe what I had heard. Is Min Ho saying the truth? “Are you serious?” I asked him.

He said yes with a big smile. “Don’t you believe me; I have proof, want to hear?”

“No, no need” I smirked. “I believe you. So, you’re living with Ms. Okuda?”

“Yes, wait, how did you know?”

“Of course I know I’m Jun’s girl friend.”

“Ah…-EH?”

 

Min ho doubled my shocked. He laughed aloud thinking it was only a joke.

 

At the TV station, during their break, Sho and Jun happened to watch an interview in TV.

            “Hey Jun, it’s Hitomi” said Sho getting his friends attention. “She made it again, being the best female mangaka.”

            Jun took a glance then returned in reviewing his script.

 

Hitomi Kasahara promoted her manga Origami.

 

“Speaking of Origami…” Sho continued “Do you think Kouji improve doing a paper crane?”

Jun remained silence. His phone rang but when he answered it, no one was responding.