Page 3: Miho and Jun

Lucky Star

 

Ushio invented a story regarding my absence in almost a month.

 

“She won a contest to get plastic surgery for free”

 

Her mom smiled showing a happy face. Deep inside I knew her anger increased, but my problem with her was soon to end since she’ll leave the country for work.

 

It was Monday morning.  I was relieved without Ushio’s mom. I asked my brother if I can go out to submit my new manga and at the same time look for Jun Omori to give my gratitude. He allowed me of course but reminded me not to skip meals and return home early.

 

I went first in the agency of Jun Omori. I never expected to see number of fans there.

 

“Are you a model?” A fan asked me. Of course I answered no, perhaps I was really flattered.

 

“Yeah, how stupid I am, if you’re a model you’ll not be here.”

 

“I’m a fan of Jun Omori” I lied. “How long do we need to wait?”

 

“We usually wait for 2 hours but I heard he has shooting so maybe it will take for another hour.”

 

I can’t wait that long so I decided to leave. On my way, I saw another chapter of Momo’s residence. I had money in my wallet so I tempted to buy. After that I went directly to Ishida publishing house.

Sadly, my manga was rejected again. I was about to leave when I remembered that I met Jun Omori here in the publishing house. I approached the guard and asked about him.

He answered with smiles (maybe because of my looks). I asked how often Jun Omori go there but according to him he only saw him once. What I learned made me give up. Seeing a star wasn’t easy.

I was about to go home when I noticed that my wallet was missing. The guard helped me to find it but it took so long.  It was past 6pm when we finally found it. I dropped the wallet in the comfort room.

 

“Arigatou!” I was giving my gratitude to the guard when Jun Omori passed by.

 

I paused for a while and then followed him.

 

“JunJun Omori!” We were in the hall way. He stopped and looked at me. “At last, I found you.” I took a deep breathe. Jun Omori stared at me. I felt awkward so I started to speak out. “Do you still remember me? I’m Miho Ueda.” 

Jun can’t recognize me.

“You paid for my plastic surgery” I added. That was the time Jun remembered but still pretended “Sorry miss; I don’t know what you are talking about” He left.

I, not satisfied followed the pop idol. Jun Omori had meeting with the half Korean half Japanese CEO of the publishing house, Miss Eun Hye Okuda.

 

Yoon Eun Hye as Eun Hye Okuda

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdHYtN11ACiyaQxruMvVb

 

 

“Another trash!” said Jun when he saw new submitted Mangas. “If I were you I’ll stop publishing manga. Sell me this house, I’ll make sure to turn this into new business, advertising company, perhaps.”

“I’m not stupid to do that” replied Eun Hye gristly.

 

I happened to hear the conversation but not all.

 I went outside and wait Jun at the parking area.  When I spotted the pop idol, I approached him again.

 

            “Just tell me what you want, autograph, picture or money?” Jun thought me as a stalker.

“I supposed to give this” I showed a sketch. I drew cartoon Jun Omori. “I want to thank you personally.”

 

Jun took the drawing. “You became pretty but you’re talent in drawing .” Jun tore the drawing into pieces.

 

I felt empty. I thought if I had pretty face, everything will be alright but as what Jun Omori said my talent .

 

“Wait!” I shouted. “I don’t know what your problems are but I guess you had hatred with manga.” I said those words because of what I heard a few minutes ago.

 

“Hatred with manga?” Jun repeated. “Yes, you’re right I HATE MANGA! It is the worst thing ever existed”

 

Who are you to insult Manga? It’s my favorite thing. I love manga.

I wanted to tell him those words but I failed. I felt dizzy and fell on the ground.