Page 20: Miho and Kouji's mom

Lucky Star

 

20

The wall paper in my new room had floral design. The color was dark that made it unattractive, but in my eyes it was really eye-catching. It gave me nostalgic feeling, maybe because my childhood room had the same wall paper.

 

Before I realized, my tears were falling. I wiped it away, quickly. To think that I was crying because of a simple wall paper was really embarrassing.

I placed my bag on the bed, and picked my things one by one. I wanted to do it fast so I could help Jun in fixing his things. In the process, I happened to saw the photo album Ushio returned to me. I didn’t want to, but I was tempted to open it. It was my childhood pictures with Ushio, father and grandpa. All I could see was my ugly face, but I was smiling on the pictures. As I continued browsing, I noticed one photo.  It was my only picture before the accident.

 

*

 

            “This is brilliant!” said Kouji, while reading a manga. He and his group mate were all in the living room. Kouji was lying on the floor while reading comic book, Sho was on the sofa and watching movie, behind him was Jun who was busy in reading their script.

            “Is that the Black sheep?” asked Sho.

“Yes, that’s the title, have you read this?” Kouji asked back.

Sho nodded, “Actually it was Miho who made that one-shot”

“Eh?” Kouji was surprised. He didn’t expect me to be a manga artist. “So, this Ushio Omori is actually Mi-chan!” he added as he read the author’s name: Ushio Omori. I combined the name of Jun and my brother.

“Jun, you’re so lucky to have a beautiful and talented girlfriend like Mi-chan!” Kouji continued.

Jun moved his eyes to Kouji but didn’t say anything.

 

It was the time I went down from my room. “You’re done already?” I asked since I saw them relaxing.

 

“Oi, Mi-chan!” Kouji went near me to show the magazine he was reading. “I just read your manga, you’re really good!”

I smiled. “Arigatou! I’m glad you like it”

 

“We’ll ask my maid to do that” replied Sho to my question.

“What?” My reaction, what could I expect to these boys, they were all spoiled brat. “Maybe I can do that myself” I volunteered.

“That’s a nice idea, I’ll be much comfortable if you’re the one who will touch my things” said Jun looking to me.

 

“Oi, oi!” Kouji intruded “Mi-chan’s not our maid” He stared at Jun “Don’t tell me, you treat her that way?”

 

“No!” I answered for Jun. “Please, don’t think that way…Jun never treats me as his maid, I just do it because I want”

 

“Is that so?” asked Kouji.

 

I nodded, to convince him.

 

“Then, okay… I’ll let you fix my things, and you can also do my laundry then please prepare us snack, I’m really hungry”

 

“Oi, stop commanding my girl as ifs he’s your maid” said Jun, annoyed.

 

Sho smirked.

 

I smiled “It’s okay Jun, I’ll do it. I’ll prepare food first.”

 

 

*

“Here, I baked cookies for you!”  I said as I placed its plate on the center table.

“Wow, it looks good” Kouji was the first who tasted it. “Hmmm…” he wondered “The taste is familiar, what kind of cookies is this?” he asked.

 

Sho and Jun started eating.

 

“That was my father’s recipe, don’t you like it?” I inquired.

“It’s delicious, I love it!” Kouji amended.

 

“I’ll start the cleaning now, just stay here and relax!” I uttered giving a singe blink.

 

“Kawaii!” Kouji bit out. “She’s really pretty, right Sho?”

 

Sho smiled “You should not say that in front of her boyfriend”

Kouji looked at Jun, he laughed as he saw his annoyed face.

“Hey, what’s funny?” asked Jun, but Sho and Kouji started laughing.

 

“Ne Jun, have you hear about “Omoide no Sora” it’s an special drama adaptation from the lives of known personality, I heard they want to dramatize your life story”

“As if I allow them” Jun answered bitterly.

“You don’t want?” asked Kouji.

“If you want, volunteer your life story!”

Kouji smirked “I like that, but my life story is so common”

 

As the boys continued talking (Kouji was the one who talked non-stop) I began my cleaning.

*

 I went back to my room to get something to tie my hair. As I did, I saw again the photo album. Worst, the album (when I touched it) made me realize that my dream to have complete family was really impossible.

 

“Mi-chan, Mi-chan!”

 

It was Kouji’s voice calling my name... I wondered what happened so I got down immediately, not realizing that I brought the photo album.

 

“What happened?” I asked, but I saw Hitomi Kasahara. As always, she seemed to be Aphrodite.

 

“I’m here to see Kouji, not Jun” she clarified. “Here, I brought something to drink!”

 

*

C’mon Mi-chan, join us!” Kouji invited.

I immediately went to Jun clinging to his arm.   

Kouji noticed the album I was holding He grabbed it right away.

 

“Wait!” Before I could get it back, Kouji started to browse it. “Wow… so this is your childhood photos…”

 

Hitomi looked on the photos; it also took the interest of Jun and Sho.

 

“Where are you here?” asked Kouji.

“The ugly one” I answered with timid voice. Now, Kouji knew my secret.

“It’s terrible…” said Hitomi as she stared my childhood photos.

Jun and Sho were quiet. After all, the surgery was their idea.

 

 

“So you did plastic surgery?”

“Y-yes…” I answered.

Kouji looked at me, then to the pictures “Sugoi! You’re surgeon is really good!” he bit out as he smiled on me. “Look, I also changed my eyelid” he said pointing it using his left index finger.

 

Half smile flashed on my lips. Kouji didn’t let me down. He still adored my beauty though it wasn’t original already.

 

*

“Is this your brother?” asked Kouji as he continued looking the photos.

“Yes, he’s Ushio.” I answered.

“How about this guy?” Kouji pointed the guy next to me. I was in junior high that time.

“Oh, he’s cute!” Hitomi commented.

“He’s wearing a jersey, maybe he’s on sport?” Sho asked.

“Yeah!” I replied. “He’s Sato Hideki, our school basketball captain. Ushio asked him if we could have picture together, I thought he will declined, but he didn’t. He’s really a good guy”

“In short, he’s your childhood crush, am I right?” asked Hitomi.

 “Hai!” I nodded. “He’s my second crush. The first one was my elementary teacher.”

“Really?” Jun reacted.

My mistake, I guessed I shouldn’t say that.

“I was too young that time, and besides Hideki-senpai is the school heartthrob… I ‘m not in if I didn’t like him, same to my teacher” I explained myself to Jun.

“I don’t care!” Jun answered.

I frowned, thinking that Jun was really annoyed, but the tension gone when Kouji and the rest laughed.

  

“Jun is jelly!!!”  Kouji teased.

 

**

After an hour, Hitomi bid her goodbye.

Jun stood up.

“Where are you going?” asked Kouji.

“To my room, I want to sleep” he answered.

“This early?” Kouji questioned.

“I want a complete rest” he said as he left.

 He left without saying anything to me, but a small glare.

 

Kouji smirked “I know why he left!”

I and Sho looked at him.

“Why?” asked Sho.

“He wants me to be with Mi-chan alone, so what are you waiting for, Sho… go to your room and sleep!”

“Baka!” Sho replied.

 

I smiled. Of course, I knew it was only a joke.

 

***

That night, when I was about to sleep… I took a photo on the cabinet. Since it was different I removed it from the photo album,. I wasn’t ugly here, and I was with my mother and younger brother.

“Mama…” I whispered.

 

Suddenly, the door opened.

It was Jun.

I immediately stood up from my bed. “Do you need something?” I asked.

Jun didn’t reply. He went closer to me, and then gave me a kiss. “Goodnight!” he whispered

I smiled, “Goodnight, I love you”

“I love you too!” he responded.

***

 

The next day,

After my class, I headed to Ushio’s place, to give Kouji’s autograph.  As what I expected, he would be happy to see it. I left immediately since I still had my part time job. On my way, I was thinking what food I should prepare for dinner.

Think, Think, Think…

*

After few minutes, I reached thefood chain where I was working . I was in the doorway when I noticed the new released magazine on a side table. Since the cover was S.T.ar, I grabbed it. “So, the drama they are preparing for is Origami…” I said as I read the magazine (it was opened so I managed to see it) As I flipped the next page, my eyes got wider. “This is…” I couldn’t believe what I saw… “Aside from being S.T.ar Kouji Okui is also known as the son of TVQ CEO, Misato Okui.” That was what I read, that made me tremble… The women beside Kouji that according to the article was his mother, is also my mother. I was sure about this, very sure. How could I forget my mother’s face? She was the woman I envisioned…

Shortly, my tears trickled down to my face.

 

“Miho!” called Min ho. He was in the food chain. “What’s wrong, are you crying?”

“N-no!” I denied.

“But…” Min ho sensed my strangeness.

 

I smiled to him and ran away.

I supposed to do my part time job, but I ended running, crying because of what I learned.

My mom was here, and she was Kouji’s mother.

****

 

I used to make video of this fanfic (Yes I finish it with 18 parts) but with different cast, except Jun, Mao, Eun Hye and Min ho

Here was the cut form part 15 that I made.

Miho’s mother here is (Domyouji’s mother) but in my fanfic it is Yuki Saito.

I also used the song by Shibasaki Kou, the girl who rumored to be Matsujun’s gf >.

Preview: