Page 5: Miho and Eun Hye

Lucky Star

 

            

It was still 3 am when I awakened. Till now I remembered the kiss. I touched my lips and turned red.

 

“No! I need to forget what happened!” I decided to leave my bed and prepared breakfast.  I washed the clothes and cleaned the house.

 

Everything was prepared when Ushio woke up. “Hey, isn’t it too early?” he asked.

As a respond, I smiled at him.

 

It was Saturday; Ushio informed me about his classmate. They had projects to do..

 

“Knock! Knock!”

 

I opened the door.

 

“Good morning Ushi-” the young man failed to continue when he saw me. “W-who are you?” he asked.

I was about to answer when Ushio came out. 

“Yo! Yamagata! Come in!” he said.

 

“Ushio, what’s the meaning of this? Who’s this girl-your girl friend? Are you living together?” Yamagata had many questions.

 

“Relax, Yamagata! She’s not my girl friend, she’s my sister.”

 

“Your sister?! I didn’t know you have a beautiful sister.” Yamagata stared at me. “Ah, hi miss, I’m Yamagata and you are…?”

 

“If you court my sister I'll definitely KILL you!” warned Ushio.

 

Suddenly the phone rang. I answered it. “Hello?”

 

 

“Who’s that?” asked Ushio.

 

“It’s a call from Ishida Publishing house” I said flashing a smile.

A staff from the publishing house called to set me appointment. I got nervous but excited. “Are they going to accept my manga or what?” My heart beat fast. Ushio as well as Yamagata cheered me up.

 

I fixed my self hurriedly and went in the publishing house.

 

“Good morning!” I greeted.

“Oh, Miss Ueda, take a seat.” It was Miss Okuda. “Do you have any idea why I called you?”

 

“Isn’t it about my manga?” I asked.

 

“Apparently, it’s about manga.”

 

I felt a little bit of excitement.

Miss Okuda continued.

 

“Listen carefully Miss Ueda. The company cannot publish your previous work but if you’re going to attend our school for manga artist you will surely develop.”

 

“But I can’t afford to study.”

 

“Yeah I know, that’s why I’ll give you scholarship.”

 

“Scholarship? Are you serious?”

 

 “I won’t ask you to be here if I’m not serious but of course you need to do something to get the scholarship.”

 

I was expecting to hear that so I asked her. “What do I need to do? I’m willing to do anything just to get the scholarship.”

 

“That’s great; I’ll be counting on you.”

 

Miss Okuda started to explain my task. “By next week, on Wednesday at exactly 7pm I want you to bring Jun in our house.”

 

“What?” I was confused.

 

Miss Okuda cleared everything when she said she was the eldest sister of Jun Omori. Jun had quarrel with their father so he stopped attending family gathering. On Wednesday they will be having a party.  She just wanted to have Jun in the occasion since their parents will be there.

 

“I understand the situation but why did you choose me to do this task?”

 

“Because you’re his girl friend, right?”

 

“Girl friend?!”

 

“Last time we saw you kissing. Jun didn’t accept kissing scenes. He only kiss person that really important. That’s why I’m confident he was really attracted to you.”

“Is that true? Jun Omori is attracted to me?”

I felt a little bit of happiness. After all he’s still my idol.

 

That afternoon I went in his apartment.

 

I saw him topless, sitting on the sofa while memorizing his script.

 

“Ah… I brought spaghetti.” 

 

“Put it in the table” said Jun without even moving.

 I followed him. I put the spaghetti on the table

After 5 minutes he went near me. “Why are you here, just to bring spaghetti?” he asked.

 

“I told you, I’m your fan.”

 

I wanted to open conversation about the party but I can’t find any word to begin. I think, think and think then finally got the courage.

 

“I’ll be in a party; I want you to be my .”

 

Jun laughed as he heard my words. “What kind of party is that?”

 

“It is a family gathering.”

 

“Where?”

 

“In Miss Okuda’s house---”

Wrong, I shouldn’t say that.

 

“So, it’s our family gathering” Jun turned serious. “My sister told you to bring me there, right?”

I was out of words. 

“What can I expect from an aspiring manga artist like you? Of course if the publishing house offers you anything you’ll surely grab it.” 

“No, that’s not true!” I objected. The scene was starting to be anxious. “It’s about family, that’s why I agreed. I believe I’ll be a good help if I make you go there.”

 

“I don’t want to see my family” Jun exclaimed.

 

“What are you saying, they are your family.”

           

            “Shut up!” Jun shouted. He didn’t want to talk about family. He wanted to end the conversation “You can leave now…”

 

            “Jun, I’m your biggest fan, all I want is good for you-“

 

            “I said LEAVE!”

 

            I left with no choice but to leave.

 

 

            I told what happened to Miss Okuda.

            “Gomen” I apologized.

 

            “It’s okay, at least you tried” said Miss Okuda. “Don’t worry; I’ll still give your scholarship.”

 

            “No!” I refused. Accepting the scholarship will be level as betraying Jun. Miss Okuda understood the situation. She smiled and told me to still go to the party.

 

            That was my first time being invited so I asked the help of my brother. They had boutique shop so I had dress to use. His classmate Yamagata asked the help of his make up artist mother for my make up. 

 

            I was amazed as I arrived at the place of Miss Okuda, it was really elegant. Miss Okuda took the attention of the guests. She looked fabulous in her blue gown. If I didn’t undergone plastic surgery I’ll be a trash in the party.

 

            Miss Okuda went beside me. “Nice to see you here, you look great.”

            I smiled.

            And then we spotted Jun Omori.

 

            “He’s here, I thought he won’t come.” I said.

 

            “He came because I told you’ll be here” said Miss Okuda.

 

            I didn’t get her point.

 

            “Sorry to say this but I used you. From the very beginning I used you to have my brother. Now that he’s here, you can go!”

 

            “I don’t get it” I uttered.

            “It is simple as this: I don’t like you for my brother.”  That words of Miss Okuda hurts. I immediately ran away.

            “Why do people always deceive you?” I asked myself.

  

“Where is she?” Jun asked his sister.

 

“I told her to leave.”

 

“What?!”

 

“Are you really serious about that girl?”

 

“She’s my number one fan” said Jun.

 

“She’s just a fan? And when did you start kissing a fan?”

 

“It’s none of your business” Jun retorted as he left.

 

“Hey! Where are you going?” Miss Okuda stopped her brother. “Our parents will be here, aren’t you going to meet them?”

 

“I don’t want to see your father!”

 

“He’s also your father.”

 

“Sho is waiting, we have our shooting today.”

 

“Liar!”

 *

            I didn’t want to go home so early. I considered my brother. It will be a total disappointment if Ushio heard what happened in the party so I stayed at the park.

 

Sho Sakurai while driving on his way home happened to see me. He took his cell phone and called Jun. 

*

Jun found where I am. He swiftly approached me. 

“Are you okay?” he asked.

Yes I was okay but seeing him comforted my heart.

 

We stayed together at the park.

 

“Aren’t you going home?” I asked Jun.

 

“You want to go home?”

 

“I still want to stay here” I answered.

 

“Then I’ll be with you” He stated.

 

I didn’t talk. Actually I noticed some changes from him.

 

“By the way, I have something to give you.” Jun went to his car and took a book. “Here, I bought it for you.”

 

That was a How to Draw Manga by Chisa Ishida.

 

“Is this really for me?”

 

“Yes, don’t you like it?”

 

“No, of course I love this” I was so excited; I wanted to open and read the book, but turned hesitant. “Wait, why are you giving me this book, I thought you hate manga and you’re planning to pull down Ishida publishing house.”

 

“I changed my mind.”

 

“That fast? How?”

 

Jun stared at me. I wondered if I was really the reason but I wanted to believe that it was really me.

Jun kissed me. I like the way how he kissed.

 *

 

“Hello Sho!” It was Miss Okuda who dropped a call.

 

“Yes, Eun hye?”

 

“Where’s my brother now?”

 

“He’s with her.”

 

“What?”

 

“You can’t blame him, he needs her now”

 

“Yeah, you’re right… poor Miho.”

*

  

“Jun, are you my boy friend now?” I want everything to be cleared that’s why I asked him.

 

“You want?” he inquired.

 

“Of course” I replied without thinking.

 

 “I don’t have girl friend so why not”

 

Isn’t it too fast? But I already like him so I should take the risk.

 

hyd12-1.jpg