Page 14: Miho and the Reporters

Lucky Star

 

14

I was dying waiting for Jun’s call. “Did he forget me? If he really loves me he should be here, right?” I mourned.

As I opened my door to go to school I cited a black car on the front of my house. “Who’s that?” As I realized he was Jun.

Without any hesitation, I ran after him. “Jun!” I hugged him, almost crying. “Baka! Baka! Why did you make me miss you this much?”

“I also miss you” he answered.

We looked at each other and gave smiles.

I bought you something, wait” Jun went to his car to get the box of cake “here” He handed me the box.

I froze.

“Why, don’t you like it?”

“N-no!” I shook my head and accepted the cake. “I just remembered I used to receive cake from my mother” I smiled. “By the way how did you know my place?”

“Oh, I asked Ushio. You’re really lucky to have brother like him”

“Yeah, I know. You too, you’re lucky to have brother and sister”

Jun snubbed.

“What’s reaction is that. Of course you should value your family”

“Is not that I don’t value them, I’m just annoy. Wait I remember your manga is about family, right?”

“Yeah, the one you criticized called Home sweet home, the other one is Family reunion, I’m working now a manga entitled Black Sheep. I really want to make a manga who can inspire the readers about having a complete family just what Momo’s Residnece did to me”

My eyes were shining. Every time I talked about Momo’s Residence I feel excited.

“I almost forgot! I need to go to school!” I recalled.

“Stay here!” Jun commanded.

I turned red as he grabbed my hand. I stayed and leaned on his shoulder. I wish we stay this forever.

Unknown to me, there was reporter who was taking pictures.

 

*

“Jun dates non-showbiz girlfriend”

 

Ushio’s classmate Yamagata saw the headline of a tabloid with matching photo. “Is this your sister?” he asked Ushio.

Ushio didn’t reply.

“I’m not sure but they look the same.”

“Will you please stop talking non sense” said Ushio changing the topic.

 

It was also the topic at my school. Everybody immediately hunt me, even Mitta and her friends. Good thing Min ho was there to protect me.

            “Stop it!” said Min ho. “You don’t have proof that it was really Miho and if she is really that, can you just be happy for Jun?”

            His voice stopped the students. His popularity ruled over them.

 

            “Thank you Min ho” I said when the students left.

            “It’s okay, I can always protect you but I wonder if Jun’s career will be okay”

            “What do you mean?”

            Though he didn’t answer I know what exactly he meant.

*

                       

“How will you fix this?” Jun’s manager blubbered. “This will be more serious if they found out that you used to live with her and besides there was this big company who still choosing between you and Asahiro as their image model. This news may influence their decision”

Jun was still quiet. It was Sho who respond. “Don’t worry manager, things will be okay.”

“Yeah, this will be okay if Jun will deny that girl”

“No, I won’t!” Jun bit out.

“What are you talking about, you should deny her!’

“I said no! It’s final”

 

Tension arose.

It was shifted when they heard TV staffs talking outside the dressing room where they were.

“Let’s watch it, it’s exclusive”

 

Sho the television.

 

I was there.

In school a reporter looked for me to question. I responded saying this line “I’m Jun’s fan. I requested him to stay for a moment and he granted the request, he’s really great, right?”

Min ho was also there to follow up. It was revealed that he was Jun’s brother.

 

Jun’s manager smiled “Looks like we don’t need to do anything, that girl fix the mess already”

Sho looked at Jun. “Are you okay?”

He didn’t reply but left.

“Wait Jun, where are you going?” asked the manager.

Sho followed. As he expected, Jun would see me. He went in my place.

 

“Jun?”

I saw his fiery eyes.

“Why did you say that?” he questioned.

“About the interview a while ago, it because I want to save you-“

You shouldn’t say that!” Jun yelled. He was really mad.

“I’m sorry…” I said but he walked away. “Wait, Jun!” I trailed after him but didn’t continue. I was afraid he would hate me forever.

Sho stayed. “Don’t worry he will understand”

“I just do that to save his reputation”

“Yes, we knew it but Jun experienced this before” Sho was talking about Hitomi. “During those days I was the only one who saw his agony”

Hearing those thing from Sho, I just realized how bad I am. I was no good for Jun.

*

 

The next morning, I received a package. It was form Sho Okuda. Suddenly Sho Sakurai dropped a call.

“Did you receive the package?”

“Yeah, is this from you? You’re Sho Okuda?”

“Yes”

“Are you related with Jun’s sister Miss Eun Hye Okuda?”

“She’s my sister-in-law”

“Really?”

“About the package” said Sho “Have you seen it?”

As I opened the package I saw a dress and two concert tickets.

“I expect you to attend in Jun’s solo concert, be with Ushio”

I paused.

“Miho, are you still there?”

“Do I really need to go? He hates me”

“No, he likes you”

Sho was a big encouragement. “Arigatou. I’ll come”

*

 

I was on the front of my house wearing the purple dress Sho gave me. I contact my brother “Ushio, where are you now?”

“Just a minute nee-chan, I’ll be there”

“Come here soon I don’t want to be-“I didn’t finish my words when two boys came and hold my hands” what are you doing, who are you?”

“Nee-chan, nee-chan what’s going on?” asked Ushio.

One of the boys punched me in the stomach for me to lost senses.

 

“Hello!” they talked to Ushio.

“Who are you, what did you do to my sister”

“Tell Jun to get her, in this place…”

 

 *

Ushio went in my place to found out that I was really kidnapped. He tried to dial Jun but no one was answering.

Sho thinking to get me and Ushio saw him. “Hey, what happened?”

“Sho, somebody took Miho!”

“What?!”

Ushio narrated what happened.

 

*

Sho called their manager.

“He was preparing. Okay, I’ll give him the phone. Jun, it’s Sho” She handed the phone.

“Hello?”

“Jun, listen” said Sho. “Somebody took Miho. They said they will only return her if you’re going to this place…Jun. are you still there, Jun?!”

Upon hearing the place, Jun ran away.

“Where are you going the concert will start soon?” called the manager.

 

*

”I think Jun went there already, let’s go there!” Sho suggested.

 

Jun arrived at the given place. It was an old factory. No body was there. Jun looked the surrounding and then he got a phone call.

“We’re happy to see you!’

 “Who are you, where’s Miho?!” he breathed out

“Relax…she’s in right condition, just follow my instruction. Let’s meet here…!”

The kidnappers gave another location so when Ushio and Sho arrived they didn’t find Jun.

“Where are they?” asked Ushio. He was in total tension.

 Sho took his phone and called somebody. “Yeah, it’s me. I need your help”

*

“Who’s that?” Ushio inquired.

“I called our butler. I asked the help of our body guards. To this moment we don’t have to worry. Let’s go back to the concert”

****

This past few weeks I was hook to Aiba (who is Ushio in this fic) of course Sho is still my Ichiban in Arashi but learning how funny Aiba is made me admire him, plus he visited our country way back from 2005. I enjoyed seeing that clip!

About the story, I don’t know how it is, as a maotsujun fan, I enjoyed writing this hope readers will also enjoy this--DOMO!--