Page 21: Miho in the party

Lucky Star

 

21

 

“Tadaima!” said Kouji, cheerfully. They were earlier than last time so he expected to see me, but I wasn’t there. “Where’s Mi-chan? She supposed to greet us” he complained.

Jun checked my room. “Miho, are you there?” He knocked.

I didn’t respond, instead I covered myself with the blanket.

“Miho!” Jun continued.

I didn’t want to hear any noise so I answered. “I already prepared your food. I’m tired, so please let me rest!”

“Okay…” Jun replied briefly. He left with confused face.

 

“Is Miho okay?” asked Sho.

A long pause before Jun answered softly “She said she needs rest”

“Maybe Mi-cahn did a lot of work today; it’s okay to have her rest!” Kouji suggested.

 

I knew, I made Jun worried, but for this moment, I wanted to be alone… I didn’t want to see anybody who could make me remember my black past.

“But…” I froze from my words. What am I thinking? My sad experiences were already done; what important now is the present.

I should appreciate the people who truly love me.”

 

*

Jun was sitting on the sofa with Kouji and Sho. They were discussing some of the things happened in their work. It was Kouji who had many complaints.

“I hate that girl, I really -REALLY hate that Amai Tuskuri!” he insited.

“The more you hate, the more you love!” said Sho, making Kouji narrowed his eyes.

 

I stepped quietly, and then hugged Jun from the back “Okae ri nasai!” I greeted.

Jun turned his head to see me. I surprised him a little.

“Cute!!!” Kouji exclaimed. “But how about me? Mi-chan, hugged me too!” he said opening his arms.

I looked at him, thinking if he was really my brother, but no matter how much I analyzed, I couldn’t see any trace for him to be my little brother.

 

“Mi-chan… Come over me!” said Kouji.

Jun took a pillow and threw it on his face.

“Ouch!” cried Kouji.

Sho laughed. This was an example of the things he missed when Kouji went in America. Now, things came back to normal.

 

As I watched them, I found myself smiling.

**

“Kouji?” I asked him.

“What?” He responded.

“Do you have a sister?”

 

“Why are you asking him?” Jun wondered.

I lied, not to be obvious. “Actually, I’ll be adding an only child character to my manga, I guess it would be nice to ask someone for some information”

 

“Sorry to disappoint you, but I have a sister” Kouji replied.

“Eh?” I turned to Him. His answer gave me hope. He might be Kazu-chan.

“I have a little sister named Misa.”Kouji continued.

 

“Little sister?”

Instead of big sister he said little sister, which made me give up.

 

“If you’re looking for an only child, why not asking Amai Tsukuri” Sho suggested.

“Who’s that?” I asked.

“She’s Kouji’s leading lady” Sho answered. “If you want, you can join the party tomorrow to see Amai.”

 

“It’s our welcome party, so of course Mi-chan would be there!” said Kouji.

“No! We won’t go there!” Jun insisted.

“Jun, will you please stop being antagonist, even this time. I want to see Miho in the party, ne Miho?” Kouji looked at me.

Going there means meeting my mother again. It might be painful but I wanted to be strong to see my mother again. “I’ll attend”

Miho?!” called Jun, he was against going to the party.

I turned to him. “Please Jun, let attend the party!”

As he saw my puffy eyes, he approved right away.

 

****

Party,

 Media was not allowed, only family friends and special guests were invited. To surprise me, all of those were known personalities.

 

Jun’s family was also there, but we didn’t have chance to talk, they were busy chatting with other guest.

 

In first 15 minutes of the party, I was with Jun, Kouji and Sho, but when a producer approached them, I suddenly saw myself alone near the buffet.

 

“Oi, Mi-chan!” Kouji called me. It seemed that the producer left, so I hurried to their place.

 

I stopped, as I saw her…

 

“Ne Mi-chan, she’s my mother, Misato Okui!” Kouji introduced.

I clearly heard his introduction, but my eyes couldn’t believe that my mother was in front of me.

 

S.T.ar’s manager who was also there whispered to Kouji’s mom. “She’s Jun’s Fiance.”

 

“Really, you’re Jun’s girlfriend?” said Misato to my face.

 

“Yes, she is!” said Jun, grabbing my arm “Any problem?”

Kouji’s mom examined me from head to toe. “Not bad” she commented.

Thanks to Sho’s private designer, I became a swan.

 

“By the way, here’s Amai!” Sho introduced. “Amai she’s the one I told you in phone, the author of Black Sheep”

 

“Ah, yeah… I remembered” said Amai. “So, she’s Ushio Omori. Nice meeting you!” she offered her hands.

I accepted it.

 

*

Suddenly, another producer intruded.

“Hello Ms. Okui!” the male producer greeted. ‘Thank you for inviting me here…and to you, Ms. Ami and of course S.T.ar…I want to congratulate your top rated drama.”

 

As a respond, Jun and others bowed their head.

 

“Please, let me introduce you to some of my business partners, they will surely glad to see you”

 

“Sure” Kouji’s mom answered.

*

 

 

“I’ll stay here” I said, when Kouji and others followed the producer.

“Are you sure?” asked Jun.

I nodded.

“Don’t worry, it won’t be too long” Jun promised, as he walked away.

 

Once again I was alone.

I was expecting my mom to hug me, but she didn’t. She didn’t even recognize me as her daughter. I was really disappointed. For the moment, I wanted to cry. I wanted to shout telling her I was her daughter.

 

“Excuse me!” a little girl approached me.

“Huh?” I responded.

“My name is Misa Okui, I heard you’re the author of black sheep?”

“Yes!” I answered as I realized this girl was Kouji’s sister.

“If you’re Ushio Omori, then you’re the writer of First Child, am I right?”

I nodded.

“Great! Can I have your autograph? I’m your fan.” The girl gave me a pen and then she turned around. “Sign in my back.”

“Are you sure?”

The little girl nodded.

 

*

“Arigatou!” She said, after the signing and then she ran away.

I smiled, thinking that I was a real mangaka by now.

 

A few second later, my phone beeped. It was Ushio calling. “Hello Ushio?”

“Ne, nee-chan, are you busy? I received package from my mom, and there are lots of clothes for you” Ushio excitedly narrated.

“Really?” I responded

“Yeah, it’s true! Looks like she’s starting to like you”

I smiled.

“So, can you go here to see your presents?”

“Huh?” I looked at Jun’s direction. They were still conversing with the guests. I wondered how long it would take, so I made a decision. “Okay, I’ll be there!”

 

***

“Why are you wearing that?” asked Ushio when he saw me in gown.

“Actually, I went in a party with Jun, but it was so boring so I leave”

“You left Jun?”

“Daijoubu! I informed him through text. Where’s my present, I want to see them now!”

“This way!” said Ushio.

 

I was amazed to see the dresses Ushio’s mom gave to me. She really had good taste.

“By the way, nee-chan, have you heard about the Haru haru singing contest?” Ushio inquired.

I rolled my eyes “Haru Haru?”

“It’s a singing contest open to ages 20-30 years old. The winner will have a chance to be popular and be with S.T.ar!”

“Really, I haven’t heard about that. Don’t tell me you’re planning to join the contest?”

Ushio nodded.

“You will?”

“It’s my secret dream actually, to be a singer” said Ushio smoothing his hair

“Sugoi Ushio!” I exclaimed, hugging my brother “I’ll support you”

“Arigatou… but I’m not confident””

“No, don’t say that, I’m sure you can make it!”

 

KNOCK came from the door.

 

“You have visitor” I said.

“In this hour, who possibly is that?” Ushio opened the door. He was amazed to see who were behind it.

“Who’s that?” I asked, and then I saw them…

 

“Mi-chan!” Kouji waved.

“I hate you for doing that!” said Jun as he approached and tapped my head.

“Gomen..” I responded. I knew what I did was wrong, since I was the one who forced Jun to attend the party, but Jun was understandable.

 

Aside from Kouji and Jun, there was also Sho, Min ho, Hitomi and a little boy.

 

“Hello, so you’re Mi-chan’s brother?” asked Kouji.

Ushio couldn’t move. How he could? It was his idol Kouji Okui talking to him.

 

“I really didn’t know why you need to leave the party” said Hitomi. “C’mon, let’s go back!”

 

 The little boy who was with them approached me. “Ne, are you Ushio Omori?”

“Hai!” I nodded.

The boy smiled. “I’m reading your manga”

“Arigatou!” I said.

“I’m Sorata Kasahara, Hitomi Kasahara’s sister, nice meeting you!”

“Nice meeting you too!” I tapped his head. “You’re so polite!”

“Thank you!” he blushed. “Ahm… by the way, do you have boyfriend, I want to ask you for a date!”

“Eh?”

 

“Sorata, what are talking abou!” Hitomi pulled him. “You shouldn’t say that!”

“But, she’s pretty, I think I like her!” said Sorata

 

That answer made us laughed.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Four more chapters and this is done! yey.. FINALLY