Page 2: Miho and Ohno-sensei

Lucky Star

 

We used to eat together during break fast: I, Ushio and his mom.  His mom has the greatest sweet but fake smile ever. Ushio was in hurry for school. He was taking arts in the university.  I hate when he left me alone because once he leave her mom’s true identity reveals.

            As what expected, his mom shouted telling me to get out and look for jobs.  According to her she can’t take my ugly face so I went out and tried my luck.

 

            In the other hand there was the pop idol Jun Omori together with his band member Sho Sakurai and with his female manager.  They were in the middle of a press conference. One of the reporters asked Jun “Is it true that you’re dating Amai Orisaki?”

            As always the reporters raised questions about love life.

 

   Jun Matsumoto as Jun Omori                          Sho Sakurai

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHZvfYGTqsGD3u0CZQbt-               images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ17zf2tpq77Gy4r364PLe

 

“Jun listen,” said the manager after the press con “In the next 2 weeks don’t make any unplanned business, understand? I mean if those reporters saw you again they may create another story that will destroy your image, just be careful.”

“Don’t worry, I know what I am doing, now may you excuse me?” Jun left.

“Hey where are you going?”

 

“Let him go” said Sakurai. “I’m sure by tomorrow he’ll be okay.”

 

Jun drove his car. Something bothered him.

*        

Meanwhile I failed to look for job.

 

“They reject me! What can you expect from an undergraduate high school student with ugly face…” I said to my self.  Looking for a job was really tough. I stayed in park sitting in a bench. It was cold here. I took a deep breathe and then got my pencil and sketch pad. I decided to draw. Every time I draw, I remembered somebody, I remember Ohno-sensei.

 

Satoshi Ohno as Ohno-sensei

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ53NlIUQsK41D_uPsJQKq

When I returned in elementary school after the accident most of my friends kept distance. Others teased me because of what happened in my face. Since then I lost my confidence and used to be alone all the time, until a substitute teacher arrived at our school.

We called him Ohno-sensei. He was handsome and intelligent.  Most of the girls had crush on him, even me.  I admitted that he used to be my first crush.

It was Valentine’s Day, of course I wanted to give sensei a chocolate, but I don’t have money so I end up giving him my art work, a drawing of my self holding a chocolate.

Ohno-sensei smiled and said I had talent in drawing.  Since then I decided to pursue drawing. I always show my drawings to Ushio and Ohno-sensei.

Ohno-sensei commended and at the same time gave me uplifting advises.

When his last day arrived I felt very upset and at the same time pleased because he gave me a manga, it was Momo’s Residence by Chisa Ishida. That manga changed my life.  It became my inspiration why I dreamed to be a mangaka.

 

Because of the wind my drawing flew away. I chased for it -for me to hit by a car. Blood sprouted on my head, I lost senses.

No one saw what happened; it was just me and the driver. The driver was actually Jun Omori.

 

Jun remained relax then decided to bring me in their place. He just called a private doctor with the help of his manager and Sho Sakurai.

 

“I just warned you but look what you did” said the manager, troubled. “No body should know this” she added.

 

 Jun didn’t speak, even Sho.  Suddenly there was a ring coming from my bag. Sho took and answered it.

 

It was Ushio calling. He was worried because of my long absence.

 

“You are her brother? Don’t worry she’s okay now" said Sho. "Just fetch her; I’ll give you our address.”

 

 

“Why did you that? He may report what happened” the manager retorted.

“Don’t worry manager” uttered Jun. “I’ll handle this”

 

Knowing the situation Ushio became worried and mad but turned shocked after seeing the S.T. ar. He just can’t believe it - the two popular pop idols were in front of him.

 

“Don’t worry, your sister got only minor injuries, she’ll be better by tomorrow” said Sho.

“Why didn’t you bring her in the hospital?” asked Ushio.

“That will be a scandal for Jun, we hope you understand” the manager explained

“No, I won’t understand that, I’ll get my sister, I’ll bring her in the hospital”

 

 “Okay if that’s what you want” told the manager “Just be sure not to tell this to anybody, don’t worry we’ll give you any amount.”

 

“No! I don’t need your money!” Ushio exclaimed. “The public should know this, that the popular S.T. ar is not that great.”

 

“I’ll give you a deal” Jun suddenly bit out.

 

Ushio faced him wondering “What do you mean?”

 

“It’s about her face; it’s not in born, right?” Jun inquired.

 

Ushio nodded “Yes, it was due to an accident.”

 

“For sure she suffered and still suffering from inferiority and self-pity”

 

Ushio tired of arguing interrupted “Hey, can you just give me your point?” 

 

“I’m thinking to help your sister regain her real face, but as a payment you should keep this incident a secret.”

 

That offering from Jun was a temptation for Ushio. Actually he only saw the old me in the pictures and I was really pretty those days.

 

“I’ll give you time to think about it” said Jun.

"Wait!" Ushio wanted to grab the offer so he had his decision that very moment “I'll accept it! - Please help my sister.”

 

“Ushio!” When I recovered my senses I called my brother’s name.  He held my hand tightly.

“Daijoubu, nee-chan!” he whispered “From now on, things will be better.”

 I smiled. “Every time Ushio talks to me, I feel better. Arigatou Ushio!”

I became unconscious again.

 

As I opened my eyes, I saw my brother together with the doctor and an assistant, they were all smiling.

 

“You have it now, Ms Miho” said the doctor “Your real face.”

Confused, I looked at the mirror and can’t just believe what I saw. “Who is she?” I asked.

“Nee-chan, It’s you.  The pretty lady you see in the mirror is actually you.” Ushio bit out. “At last your nightmare had ended.”

 

“Am I dreaming?” I asked myself but its true. The Miho before the accident came back.  I was very happy, I want to shout and tell the world that I’m no longer ugly. Could mama hear it? Maybe if she can see me now she’ll be proud of me again.

 

Before I noticed there were tears in my eyes.

 

“It was Jun Omori who helped you” said Ushio.

 

I was amazed and decided to give him my deep gratitude.