Page 17: Miho and Jun's family

Lucky Star

 

S.T.ar: Jun Omori on focus

The name Shinyoji Hoshimura wasn’t popular. Some would say “who’s that” others would tell “he’s the silent boy sitting at the back”

That was how other people described Shin when he was in elementary. During those days he only saw his classmates as spoiled brat who didn’t care about the feelings of other so he didn’t talk to them. Shin thought this way because he came from a poor family. Everything changed when he met Sho Okuda. He asked Shin if he could join in the school singing contest with him. Shin agreed.

That was the start of their friendship and also the beginning of their dreams. Since then Shin became friendly. After eight years they became part of the popular idol S.T.ar Shinyoji Hoshimura as Jun Omori and Sho Okuda as Sho Sakurai together with Kouji Okui, the son of the CEO of the TV station.

****

Before going to school, mama asked me to join the breakfast. It was only me, mama and Shinji but the dining table had load of food.

“What are you waiting for, start eating!” Shinji commanded. Till now I can’t sense any physical difference between him and Jun, but if we would talk about attitude, I guess Jun was outstanding.

I started eating and was amazed with the food “It’s good, mama are you the one who cooked this?”

Mama nodded with smile.

“You’re amazing!” I said. “I know how to cook but not well as you”

Mama smiled again. “If you want, I can teach you my techniques”

“Really? Oh mama thank you very much”

 

I continued eating, and then noticed how mama stared at me. “Is there any problem?” I asked.

“Nothing…” said Mama. “I just remembered my daughter to you”

“To Miss Eun Hye?” I got confused, how could she remember Miss Eun hye to me. We’re obviously different.

“Before Eun hye got married, we had lot of time for bonding. Now we can’t do that because she’s always busy in work. After the death of her husband she took care all of his business. Since I don’t have daughter to accompany, then I decided to travel alone or sometimes I travel with my husband”

“How about your sons, why not ask them?”

Shinji smirked.

“Shinyoji is also busy; actually he isolated his self from us. Same as Min ho, he always wanted to be independent”

“My siblings are all weird” Shinji intruded. “I’m proud to say that I’m the only loyal in this family”

“Correct, but you’re also the black sheep here!” Mama teased.

Shinji narrowed his eyebrows. “After I get my diploma from Keio University, let see if you could say that again”

 

            That moment, I froze. A word lingered in my mind “Black Sheep…” I smiled shortly “Thank you mama, you gave me idea, now I can finish my current manga”

            “You’re doing a manga?” asked Shinji

I nodded. “I always dream to be a manga artist someday”

            “Ah, yeah, Eun hye told me that… if you want I can be your critic” Mama suggested.

            “Isn’t it a bother for you, mama?” I asked.

            “Of course not” she answered.

            “She’ll be a big help for you, she’s a mangaka!” said Shinji.

            “Eh?” I got shock. “Mama, you’re a mangaka?”

            “You don’t know her?” asked Shinji “She’s Chisa Ishida”

 

            “Eh???!!!!” That was the most surprising thing I ever heard.

            “Y-you’re Chisa Ishida, you’re my idol!” I bit out, stars in my eyes.

            “I’m glad to be an inspiration for you!” Mama answered.

            “You’re not just an inspiration; you’re a goddess to me, thank you for creating Momo’s residence”

            “So you really like it?” she asked.

            “Not just like, I really love it!” I breathed. “Actually before I met Jun, the only man in my heart is Momo!”

            Mama laughed.

            Shinji too.

            “I know it’s funny, but I really love Momo.”

            “Actually I based my characters from my family” mama revealed.

That was the only time I realized that Jun’s family members was the same as Momo. Momo has a vendor father, a manga artist mother, a pretty sister who had very rich suitor, a twin brother and a notorious younger brother.

 

Anyway, after knowing all of these things, I became more attached to mama. She started to teach me a lot of things about cooking and in drawing manga.

****

Here's a video I did before (not that good though, here Jun's mother is nanako nakashima