Page 10: Jun and Hitomi

Lucky Star

 

“Tadaima!” said Min Ho. Usually no one would respond not even a single Okaeri Nasai. He used to it but this day was different. Somebody answered.

“Okae ri Nasai, Min Ho-kun!” It was Hitomi. Hitomi Kasahara. She was sitting on the sofa with Eun Hye.

“You’re back!” exclaimed Min ho with eyes wide opened.

Hitomi went near him and gave a hug. “It’s been a while. You’re really grown up!”

“Yeah, you too, you’re so pretty” said Min Ho taking off the hug. “Why are you here, I thought you’ll be staying in Kyoto.”

“I have hard time sending my manga’s so I decided to stay here.”

“That’s great!” Min Ho smirked.

“Aside from that, she wants Shin back” Eun Hye added.

Hitomi smiled, nodding.

“He has girlfriend already named Miho.” Min Ho bit out.

Eun hye grinned crossing her arms. “Do you think she can be matched with Hitomi? I don’t think so…”

 

*

 It was getting dark when I returned home. As I entered I saw Sho Sakurai on the sofa.

“Oh, hi!” he greeted. “Jun is taking shower”

“Why are you here this early?” I asked.

Sho replied nothing but a smile.

 I can’t understand their life as super stars so I decided to keep quiet. I sat beside him.

Silence,

Sho broke it. “How’s your interview?  I heard it from Jun.”

“A piece of cake” I responded.

He smirked.

“I bought new manga, take a look” I took the manga from my bag.

“Origami?” said Sho.

“Yeah, by Hitomi Kasahara. Do you know her?” I asked him hoping to hear further infos about Hitomi but he didn’t respond. “I heard she’s Jun’s ex-girlfriend.”

 

Those words moved Sho. “You’re right” he answered. “She’s also our childhood friend” His facial expression became odd.

“What’s wrong?” I inquired. I remembered Min ho had the same reaction. I know they were just worried about my feelings. “Don’t be so serious, it doesn’t matter, she’s an ex girlfriend after all” I induced

A long pause,

Sho stood up. “I think I need to go. Please tell Jun there’s an emergency.”

 

*

After seven minutes Jun came out from the bathroom wearing a black bathrobe.

“Oi Jun, what do you want for dinner?” I asked.

“Where’s Sho?” he responded.

“He already left”

“What?” Jun took his phone and dialed Sho’s number. “Hey Sho, where are you? We’re supposed to practice our lines, right?”

“Let’s do that some other time” Sho answered.

“What do you mean other time? This is our perfect time since our schedules were cancelled.”

“You have a very important schedule. A sincere talk with Miho”

Jun paused.

“She already knows Hitomi. I think this s the right time to tell the truth”

 

Jun ended the phone conversation.

“Is he coming back?” I asked.

“No” answered Jun. He then glared at me. “Who told you about Hitomi?”

Jun’s question made my heart burst. I really didn’t want to talk about her but there was side telling I need to know more.

“Min ho did” I replied. “He said you’re just using me to forget her but of course I didn’t believe him!”

I found Jun speechless.

“Min ho’s wrong, right?” I wanted to confirm.

Jun raised his head. “It’s true, she’s my first love but that was a long time ago”

 

For the first time, Jun told stories about his past.

 

“We’re classmates in elementary up to high school. Since then we liked each other, until Hitomi decided to study in Ishida Gakuen to learn more about manga.

At first, I thought our bond will be a normal long distance relationship but it wasn’t. She stopped responding. She ignored me. I didn’t lost hope until I saw her in TV. She had interview after her manga had been published. One reporter asked her if she had boyfriend but she denied. That was the biggest heartbreak I ever had. Since then I decided to forget her and focus in my own career.”

 

I felt Jun’s sincerity while narrating the story. There was pain behind his words. Somehow I was happy because he became open but there was unknown feeling inside me, a feeling that telling me to cry.

“Jun, do you still love her?” I asked.

“Maybe-“he answered “I really don’t know. It has been seven years”

“How about me, do you love me?”

I waited but there was no answer.

 

“Oh I forgot!” I suddenly yelled, in happy tone “Ushio invites me for a dinner. Gomen Jun, I need to go there. See you later.”

That was a lie. I made an excuse to go outside. I ran wearing fake smiles.

Jun knew it but he didn’t do anything.  

 

Outside the apartment was Sho, inside his car. His emergency was a lie.

He saw me running away.

 

*

I decided to walk on the street. There were bright lights all around but it didn’t work, all I see was black. My eyes became teary as I reminisced.

“Miho!” called Sho as his car passed by. He told me to ride on.

 “Are you okay?” he asked.

I wept. “Now I understand. Min ho is telling the truth; you knew it, right Sho?”

Sho can’t look in my eyes. “That time, Jun badly needs you- to forget Hitomi, but he started to like you” he explained.

I forced to smile. “Actually, I understand the whole thing. I’m so stupid to believe that a super idol can fall in love with me. What can I do, this is the real me, a stupid girl.” As I continued, my tears started falling.

 

Sho remembered his conversation with Jun.

 

“I think she’s a kind girl” said Sho giving his comments about me. “In my opinion, she’s better for you”

“Do you think I only approved her as my girlfriend to forget Hitomi?” Jun asked.

Sho nodded. “But I hope you have good intention”

“I’ll give her my wrath…”

“What?”

“Once she’s madly in love with me, I’ll dump her as trash-this is my revenge for Hitomi”

 

“After Miho lived with him, Jun hesitates to do his plan” thought Sho while looking at me. I was helpless.

“Stop crying Miho, Smile!” Sho suddenly bit out. He started the car.

 I didn’t know where are we going but I was confident Sho was concerned about me.

 

After fifteen minutes we reached the bayside.

“Whenever I feel down I used to stay here” said Sho. “You can cry, shout… anything. Just to feel better”

Cry aloud, and shout: I wanted to do that for me to feel better but having Sho by my side was enough. I was relieved.

 

“Arigatou” I said.

Sho smiled. “What are your plans now?”

“I’ll be with Jun” I stated. “You said Jun is starting to like me. Perhaps I can do better to get his HEART. I’ll definitely make Jun Omori MINE!”

“You’re really brave-but that’s what Jun wanted-a girl that can defend him from anything! I’ll support you, Miho”

Thank you, thank you. A million thank you wasn’t enough to show my gratitude for Sho. He was indeed a TRUE friend.

*

When I returned home I didn’t find Jun. There was a note in the table with the words “I’M SORRY MIHO.” It made me decide to prepare the best dinner for my beloved Jun. I was in the middle of my preparation when my phone rang. It was Miss Eun Hye Okuda calling.

*

Jun was in Asakusa amusement park. He was staring at the Ferris wheel. As he did, he remembered Hitomi. He took his phone and glance the wall papers. One of those was a manga character.

“Hitomi…” Jun whispered.

 images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxrduWMmwhj6tiSu6IMwX 

“Shin!” A voice from behind called him. It was Hitomi. “I knew it; you can’t forget our favorite place”

After seven years the lovers reunited.

__________________________________________________________________________

In my original story (LUCKY STAR as fan made videos) there is no Sho Sakurai, I just added him ^^ But SHO SAKURAI is my most favorite Arashi member. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2chkROq6FDFU5-HJ6xNV