Page 9: Miho and the Origami Manga

Lucky Star

 

“Crane lives for 1,000 years.  The crane is a majestic bird which mates for life and is extremely loyal and devoted to its mate. The crane is strong, graceful and beautiful. A person who folds 100 cranes before he/she weds will have a happy marriage.”

 

The idea was included in the Manga Origami written by Hitomi Kasahara. I was reading its updated chapters when Jun arrived.

 

“You’re still awake?”

“Yeah, I’m waiting for you” I replied putting the manga down. I went near Jun making face.

“What’s that?” he asked.  He can’t remember when he last saw this expression from me.

“Will you please explain why you didn’t tell me about Min Ho?” I grumbled.

Jun sighed leaving me behind.

“Hey, I’m talking to you!” I followed him-to kitchen. He took water from the fridge. “Are you hungry” I asked shortly. “I’ll prepare food for you”

“No need, I’m going to sleep” he answered.

I grinned…then repeated my question. “I need your answer, why didn’t you tell me about Min ho”

“It's not important-just ignore that stupid dog!”

 

I remembered Jun hated his family so I changed the topic.

 

“My classmate offered me a part time job. I think I want to grab it”

“What job?” Jun inquired.

“In a food chain near our school; my classmate’s aunt is the owner. Tomorrow will be my interview, great right?”

          “No, I want you to stay here”

          “But Jun… I want that job, please allow me”

          “I thought you want to be a mangaka, how can you draw if you’ll work while studying?”

          Jun had his point but I insisted “I really want to earn my own money, I hope you understand” I mumbled.

Jun stared at me. “You’re acting is not convincing!”

I made face. “ONEGAI! If you allow me I’ll give you massage, or read you bedtime stories…anything! Just allow me…please!”

 

“Stop it! He retorted. “Don’t treat me as kid… Come here!” He grabbed my waist then kissed me. The kiss was sweet as mango. Finally I had his approval.

 

The next day Jun will be out for whole day. I started drawing manga but didn’t finish it. My mind was bothered because of my job interview… It would be my first job interview after the plastic surgery.

 

I dialed to call Ushio. A voice mail box answered.

“I’ll be out for Okinawa educational convention. Just leave your message.”

 

“Moshi Moshi, Ushio-kun. It’s me, your nee-chan. Today I’ll be in a job interview. I’m a little bit nervous but so confident to get the job. You seem so busy in school. Be sure to take care of your body. I’ll be waiting for our next bonding. Nee-chan is missing you so much.”

*

 

Min ho was sneaking in the kitchen. He was about to get gallon of ice cream from the fridge when he heard his sister’s voice. As usual, Eun Hye was scolding the helpers.

 

“Bad mood again?” asked Min ho holding a cup of vanilla ice cream.

Eun hye moved her fiery eyes towards him. “Blame your brother!” she snorted.  The servants were already left. Min ho confused turned to his sister. “Nee-chan, is Shin giving you a hard time?” he asked.

“Do you think I can relax knowing his situation?!” complained Eun hye.

Min Ho sighed. “She’s Miho after all and she’s a good girl”

“I don’t think so…” Eun Hye continued. “I actually pity her”

Min ho realized his sister’s word.

 

*

 

My interview was done, Of course I got the job and I will start by tomorrow.

Before returning home I decided to visit the nearest manga house. I want to buy any Chisa Ishida’s stuff or check the newest Origami manga. On my way I met Min Ho.

            He looked at me, speechless.

            I was the one who started the conversation. “Where are you going?” I asked.

            He smiled smoothing his hair. “I’m just strolling, how about you?”

 

“I’ll buy manga, want to join?”

“Sure!”

 

Min Ho accompanied me in MM manga store. I found great titles but no more Chisa Ishida’s works.

“She stopped doing manga since last year” Min Ho informed me.

“Eh, but why?” I asked.

“According to her, her popularity for Momo’s Residence is enough. She wanted to focus now in charity works”

“I didn’t know that. Chisa-sama is truly great!”

“Of course!” answered Min Ho. He then took another manga. “Check this out this is one of my favorites”

 I grabbed it to see. The title was Hatsukoi.

“It’s about pure love between two lovers with s.”

I looked at Min ho with his eyes turned puffy. “Minho…” I grinned asking him a question. “Do you like me?”

Silence,

“I mean if you like me for your brother!”

Min ho laughed, he got the wrong idea. I waited for his answer but he remained blank. I continued looking for manga. Luckily, I found back issue of Origami.

“Look, Origami manga!” I grabbed it immediately and show to Min ho. “This is the manga of Hitomi Kasahara”

Min ho nodded. “Yeah, I know.”

“Actually, I’m starting to be her fan but of course Chisa Idhida will stay as my number one!” I stated.

“Hey, Miho!” Min ho called my name in a soft manner.

“Nande?” I asked.

“You’re asking if I like you for my brother--this is my answer.”

Min ho seemed weird but I listened.

“You’re a nice girl, a good girl who isn’t fitted for Jun!”

I expected Min ho to tell he likes me but it was the opposite. I felt upset.

“Don’t think me wrong!” Min ho followed up. “You’re my friend that’s why I’m telling you this. Everyone in the family think this way. Jun is just using you to forget his first love”

It was the first time I heard about it, about Jun’s first love.

“Jun has first love?”

“Yeah” replied Min ho. “Her name is Hitomi, Hitomi Kasahara.”

For once, I wanted to be deaf but Min ho’s words were inevitable.

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRraSXlEAESQJAoOWaiDof

Keiko Kitagawa as Hitomi Kasahara

________________________________________________________________________

 

I don't know why but It took 3 days before I finished this chapter maybe because I don't have inspiration at all... SAD!

For the next chapter: the arrival of Hitomi Kasahara