Chapter 23

Arranged Love

Victoria's POV:

It was Tuesday and I got a phone call like at 6. I looked at caller ID. It was umma. "Yeoboseyo?"

"Victoria, come over after school. We need to talk to you."

"About what?"

"Just come over and we'll tell you."

"Annyeong."

What did she want to talk to me about? Careers? ? Drugs? Nichkhun? I had no idea. I just had to wait. I slept for another hour and woke up. It was 7:31. I got up and ready. I went out the door and saw Nichkhun in his dad's car. "Victoria, come in!" his dad yelled. I climbed in and looked at Nichkhun. "Are you feeling better?" 

"Now I am~" he said with a smile. "Aish young love....." his dad said.

~After school~

"Nichkhun wait for your dad, I have to go home. My parents want to talk to me."

"Are you in trouble?"

"Not sure. I'll see you later." I kissed him on the cheek. I walked to my house and took my key out. I unlocked the door and opened it. "Umma, appa, what do you want to talk to me about?"

"Sit down first. Umma and I want to ask you something." I sat down on the couch. "How serious are you and Nichkhun?" umma asked.

"Well, pretty serious. Why?"

"Well, we're gonna call the arranged marriage off."  umma said

"What?! Why?!"

"Turns out our visa expired and no one told us to renew it. And it's overdue or something. Now, we're getting deported back to China. Sorry hun."

"Did you tell him and his parents yet?"

"We're leaving two days after graduation. We'll tell them this Sunday."

I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I wiped it away. Luckily, my parents didn't see. Should I tell Nichkhun? I should, but it would still be kinda wrong. I'll tell him. When I went to his house, I went to his room. "Nichkhun?"

"Yeah?"

"I need to tell you something." I sat on his bed. "What is it?"

"We can't get married."

"But, we have to."

"I know, I want to, but, my parents told me we're getting deported back to China."

"What?! When are you leaving?"

I started crying. "Two days after graduation."

"That leaves us only one more month!" I sniffled. "I know." I said my voice shaking. "My parents are gonna talk to yours this Sunday. I have to start packing." He wiped my tears away. "Come here." he patted his hand on the seat next to him. I sat there and pulled the covers over my legs. I put my head on his shoulders. We stayed there mute. Sad.

The week passed. And it was finally Sunday. They sat us down and talked to us. After they were done, I went upstairs moping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, so this was the twist. And if you want me to make a sequel, what couple? I'm thinking of Minyul, but I'll let you guys decide(; Comment! && by sequel I mean like generation to generation.