Chapter 17

If Only You Remembered Me..

The flashing sport lights and colorful lightings were blinding Hyoyeon's eyes on the stage. The passionate Latin music that were guiding Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk as they strided around the stage and wowed the audiences and the nation with their dance moves.

 

Hyoyeon didn't remember the excruciating pain that were burning at her feet because the way Eunhyuk was looking into her eyes when they dance were so intense that she couldn't take her focus off him, not even for a single second. Even if there were moments where Hyoyeon was starting to feel the pain, Eunhyuk would hold her so firm and tight that Hyoyeon couldn't help but to be totally immensed in the dance along with him.

 

He stole her heart that night, again. Hyoyeon thought. Those intense look in his eyes, Hyoyeon was so tempted to ask Eunhyuk whether he loved her before or not, even if it was just for a while, otherwise why would he be having such real and true emotions on the dance floor. Hyoyeon fought back these thoughts, she concluded that Eunhyuk might be putting on a show, after all they are professional dances, they are no difference from actors and actresses.

 

The applauses were as loud as thunder  when Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon finished with their ending pose.

 

"Yes!!! It's Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk from SM Entertainment!" The male MC said, "Yes! Daebak! What a great opening they did for us tonight," The female MC echoed as she clapped her hands, "Lets give another hand for Hyoyeon and Euhyuk!"

 

Eunhyuk had one arm around Hyoyeon's waist as both of them bowed and greeted the audiences with smiles. Eunhyuk was worried, he was afraid that Hyoyeon's feet would hurt, the performance they did just now was way too good, so much energy,passion. If what they were giving during practices were 99%, just now was 200%.

 

As soon as both of them left the stage and reached the backstage standby area, Hyoyeon immediately collapsed in Eunhyuk's arms, the excruciating pain, she could feel all of them right now. She moaned, "Ahhh..Eunhyuk oppa...my feet...it hurts.." Eunhyuk quickly kneel-squat on the floor and made Hyoyeon sit on his kneeling lap, he held Hyoyeon's waist with one hand and unbuckled Hyoyeon's shoes with the other hand and threw the shoes to a side.

 

Eunhyuk's heart was paining too the moment he saw how swollen and hurt Hyoyeon's feet was, the shoe stripes were so tight that they left red marks around her feet, and because of exerting too much pressure, the toes were all swollen. "Hyoyeon ahh..are you okay? I'll get you to a medic now, okay? Just hang in there, okay?"

 

Hyoyeon felt a sense of relief the moment Eunhyuk took the shoes of her, but the pain was still there, she repeatedly nodded her head with tears in her eyes as Eunhyuk wasted no time, carried her in a bridal style and called for medic's attention. Both of them were unaware that a pair of eyes were observing them from far, burning with anger and jealousy.

 

.....

 

"Gwenchana?" Eunhyuk asked as he squated down near Hyoyeon's bed where she was sitted in her hotel room after the doctor left. Her feet were bandaged and the doctor insisted that a few days' rest was necessary to allow the swollen to go away.

 

Hyoyeon smiled as she looked at Eunhyuk, "Yes, i feel so much better now. Eunhyuk oppa, thanks so much.." Hyoyeon knew that if it wasn't Eunhyuk, they wouldn't be able to pull just now's performance off, she was aware of all the things that Eunhyuk has done for her so far.

 

Eunhyuk smiled, "Ani ani.. ermmmm...." he didn't know what to say, there were so much he wanted to ask..

 

Hyoyeon wanted to laugh because it has been a while since she last saw Eunhyuk being so embarressed, "Oppa, we need to go for the party later right?" Both of them were invited to join the aftermath party in the bar lounge in the hotel later. But Eunhyuk wasn't sure whether he want Hyoyeon to go, the party later would be filled with alcohol and big figures like producers and chairmans eyeing young, budding actresses. Judging on the fame and success that she had because of just now's performance, Eunhyuk was afraid that she would be targetted, he really didn't want that to happen.

 

"Errm, are you sure you want to join?" 

 

"Ermm," Hyoyeon wouldn't want to if she had a choice, but her manager oppa insisted that she attend since the organizing chairman personally invited her just now, to turn his invitation down might put her manager oppa in a stranded relationship with the chairman, "Errmmm, i have to ah oppa."

 

Eunhyuk nodded his head, he has been in this industry long enough to understand, "Neh i understand. Okay, I'm going too."

 

Hyoyeon smiled shyly, sensing that Eunhyuk wanted to be there to protect her. She smiled cheekily at Eunhyuk, which made him blush, "Ahh yah! Why are you looking at me like that ahh. i...i need some relaxation also yah..."

 

Hyoyeon burst out in laughter, "Neh neh...let's go together after i change."

 

.....

 

to be continued...