Chapter 10

If Only You Remembered Me..

 

Eunhyuk was beyond happiness when he found out about his latest project from his manager, he finally got a chance to be in contact with Hyoyeon, finally. He arrived an hour or so earlier at the dance practice studio for their first rehearsal and choreographing session with JaeWon oppa because he could hardly get a wink last night. 

 

Eunhyuk couldn't describe his feelings, he was excited. He rehearsed a thousand times in his mind what's the first thing he wanted to saw to Hyoyeon and how.

 

"Ah Hyukjae shii, you're early.." JaeWon oppa was surprised. "Neh annyeong JaeWon hyung." Eunhyuk greeted his dance senior politely, "Hyoyeon shi, she isn't here yet?" he glanced every corner of the dance studio, nope, only the two of them was there. "Ani, she said she will be late a bit, caught in a traffic jam. Gwenchana, let's start first."

 

Eunhyuk nodded but he was still staring at the entrance, hoping that Hyoyeon would turn up soon. "Hyukjae, stop starring, start doing your warm-ups yah." 

 

......

 

JaeWon was in the midst of teaching Eunhyuk some basic ballroom dance techniques when Hyoyeon finally arrived. 

 

Eunhyuk felt his heart fluttering the moment he saw Hyoyeon. He observed Hyoyeon carefully, and his heart ached when he notice that Hyoyeon had lose some weight, which made look even more tiny in size. Eunhyuk was waiting for Hyoyeon to look at him, he wanted to greet her at least, he figured out that he needed to make the first move otherwise both of them will remain awkward throughout the whole practice process.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, JaeWon oppa ahh.." She greeted her dance teacher but she didn't know what to say to Eunhyuk, who was staring at her with intense eyes. "Hyoyeon shii, quick put your bag down, get ready and join us." "Neh.." Hyoyeon answered, her eyes were slightly swollen because she too, couldn't sleep much last night. Hyoyeon didn't know what and how to face Eunhyuk, because their relationship was so severely stranded by the scandal. She knew that she had to be professional and chuck aside all personal feelings to work with Eunhyuk, but the first moment she saw Eunhyuk, she already felt her heart softening.

 

"Hyoyeon ahh, come here." JaeWon oppa instructed her to stand in front of Eunhyuk, and Hyoyeon secretly took a deep breath and lifted up her head, still not looking into Eunhyuk eyes. 

 

"Okay, i've decided to do a mixture of ballroom dance and modern dance for you two. The first part of the dance would be a mixture of waltz and tango, you must learn the techniques of gliding across the floor gracefully like a swan. Later on the music would change and you two will slowly evolve into popping and modern dancing. The reason i chose this two combination is.." JaeWon oppa was so into his world that he didn't realize that the two people standing in front of each other were busy with their own agenda.

 

Eunhyuk wasn't paying full attention to JaeWon's words, he was too busy stealing glances from Hyoyeon. He was so moved to finally see Hyoyeon personally, and being this close to her, all he wanted to do was to hug her and tell her that he was sorry.

 

Hyoyeon on the other hand was trying her best to listen to JaeWon oppa but she realize that Eunhyuk was staring way too intense at her. She didn't have the courage to look into his eyes, she was afraid that she would break into tears, or give in to Eunhyuk's sweet talk and ended up being fooled another time.

 

"Understand, you two?" JaeWon turned around, expecting an answer from two of them but it was as if the two of them were in a trans mode. "Yah you two! Are you guys listening?" Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk was jerked back to reality, "Neh neh! We got it!" both quickly answered. "Okay good, let's start."

 

.....

 

The first part of the choreographing was proving to be more challenging for Hyoyeon than expected. It wasn't so much of the dance techniques that were difficult, but the close proximity that she had to be with Eunhyuk that made her not knowing what to do. "Eunhyuk shi! Why the heck are you standing so far apart from Hyoyeon shi? You have to hold her like this!" JaeWon said as he took over Hyoyeon's hands and pulled her into his body with the other hand holding her waist firmly, demonstrating to Eunhyuk what's the correct way to hold a girl in a waltz.

 

Eunhyuk nodded his head, "Neh neh.." Eunhyuk wasn't sure whether he should do so, he was afraid that Hyoyeon would be uncomfortable or what, they havent spoken a word to each other yet. He took over Hyoyeon's hands from Jaewon and softly whispered to Hyoyeon, "Can i?" Hyoyeon, still wasn't looking at Eunhyuk but nodded her head. Eunhyuk smiled as he held Hyoyeon closed to him.

 

Yoona, Jessica, Seohyun and Sunny who ended their schedules each, came to the dance studio to check Hyoyeon. They were sitting in front of the dance studio. Honestly, they were worried about Hyoyeon, they were afraid that Hyoyeon would crumble emotionally, having to work with Eunhyuk, but everything seem to be working out well so far. And Eunhyuk seems to be showing a lot of care and concern to Hyoyeon, which frustrated Yoona quite a bit.

 

"1,2,3...4,5,6..! 6, Hyukjae shii, you must support Hyoyeon's back as she leans backwards, and use the other hand to touch her from neck to belly.." Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk frozed the very moment they heard this, and so did the girls.

 

"I object!" Yoona immediately stood up, "Jaewon oppa, this is...isn't it abit too..you know?" Yoona didn't know what to explain, all she knew is she didn't want Hyoyeon to be sad again.

 

JaeWon oppa was shocked to see Yoona objecting, not to mention she is only here to watch the practice. The girls tried to pull her, "Yoona shii! What are you doing?!" "Yoona ahh, it's a bit too what? this is actually a standard dance move in all ballroom dances." "i..." the girls quickly pulled Yoona to sit down on the floor as JaeWon oppa continued with Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon. 

 

"Yah Yoona ahh, what were you doing ahh.." Jessica said softly. "Ani, that was way to close yah.."

 

Seohyun laughed a little, "I agree too, but Eunhyuk oppa seems to be treating unnie with a lot of sincerity.." Jessica nodded her head too, "yah, why not give Eunhyuk oppa a chance?" Yoona bit her lips, "Okay, but if he tries anything funny, i will chop of his two front teeth.." The rest of the girls laughed after hearing Yoona's statement.

 

......

 

JaeWon oppa finish choreographing first part of the dance, he was standing at the side, watching Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon trying out the dance steps with the music.

 

The sensational Latin music was enough to set the atmosphere for the passionate waltz. Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon were both rocking the dance, even the girls sitting there watching were shocked to see them executing the dance so well.

 

Hyoyeon felt more and more comfortable as the time goes by during the practice, she slowly let down her guards and allowed herself to really dance with Eunhyuk. To both of them, dancing together is not merely physical dancing with each other, it involves a bond, a connection between the partners. Eunhyuk started to show more emotions seeing Hyoyeon becoming more and mroe comfortable with him, the chemistry that both of them were having was making the dance even more brilliant.

 

The dance reached a part where Eunhyuk had to hug Hyoyeon close to him and support her as she leans backwards. But as Hyoyeon came close to Eunhyuk, he suddenly pulled Hyoyeon into his embrace and both of them stood still although the music kept on playing. Hyoyeon was shocked, being in Eunhyuk's arms brought back lots of memories, the good and bad ones.

 

Eunhyuk sighed as he cherished this moment, he whispered softly to Hyoyeon's ears, "Hyoyeon ahh, mianhe.."

 

.....

 

to be continued...