Roller-coaster of emotions

Shrouded: Sequel to HanChul's Tears

Donghae's POV

I could never forget the shocked expressions that everyone had on their faces when I bought Hyukkie, eyes clear and smiling, out of our room and into the kitchen, where everyone gathered at the dining table, with their food on the table, for a discussion. The image looked so achingly familiar that my heart skipped a beat. "Eunhyuk!" There were many exclaims of Hyukkie's name as everyone stood up and enveloped him in a group hug. I kept out of the way, letting them  flock around Eunhyuk like a group of crazy fangirls. Silently, I washed two clean plates and made my way to the rice cooker. Opening it, I was prepared to scoop some fried rice for Hyukkie when I remembered how he reacted to it. Hesitant, I turned to take a look at how he was faring when KiBum's face appeared in front of me instead. Shocked, I took a step back and hit the cardboard, grimacing at the pain. "What are you doing, Kibum?!". I scolded the younger man who continued staring at me. I was starting to get really annoyed when he finally opened his mouth, "Hyung. What did you do to pull Eunhyuk hyung back?" The moment he asked that question, all the other eleven pairs of eyes, including Hyukkie's, turned to look at me. Startled by the question and the  sudden attention, I was stunned speechless and the members began speculating among themselves. "Did he talk to him?", "Or did he cry?", "Or did the bath did the trick?". I could see Hyukkie trying his best to hold in his laughter as he watched with great interest at the member's speculations. Then suddenly, KangIn hyung asked, "Or did he seduce him?". Suddenly, everyone stopped talking and turned their attention back to him. Although I tried my best not to, but I knew my face was burning with embarrassment when everyone burst out laughing. Shutting my eyes tightly, I turned my back on them and willed myself to be somewhere else. Sadly, it failed... I nearly jumped out of my skin when I heard Hyuk's voice just besides my ear,just as his muscled arms wrapped around my waist,  "Hae, it's not like you mind in the past." Leaning exhaustingly into his embrace, I heaved a sigh, "I know." I could feel him smiling and sure enough when I turned my face to look at him, he was grinning. Leaning his chin on my shoulders, he purred, "Hae~ Where's my food? I'm famished.". Unable to keep my lips from tilting up, I said while tapping the top of the rice cooker, "It's here but would you be okay after seeing this again?" I opened the cover to reveal the innocent looking fried rice sitting inside and heard Eunhyuk's choked breath. Concerned, I wanted to turn around to face him fully but he tightened his arms around me. "Hyuk." I called out his name in concern but he did not respond, instead, I heard him trying his best to calm himself down and waited for a few moments. Finally releasing his arms, I turned to see him smiling sadly at the rice cooker. Softly, he said, "I'll never eat the fried rice he cooked again because I killed him." A bright, white flash of rage burned within me when he said that, but I managed to control my anger and spoke gently to Hyukkie. "It's not your fault. Don't blame yourself for it, Hyukjae." Wanting to take his attention off from Hankyung hyung's accident, I said brightly, "Now, do you want to eat it or not? " Knowing me well, Hyukkie smiled at my attempt to change the subject. Nodding, he said teasingly, "I'll eat it if you feed me with your mouth.". Spanking him lightly on the chest, I shook my head in mock resignation and began scooping two plates of fried rice for us. When both of us turned back to eat togther with the members at the dining table, all of their attention were on us again. I thought to myself, "No wonder it's so quiet..." Teuk hyung smiled motherly at us with tears b in his eyes, "You did a good job, Donghae. Thank you for bringing Eunhyuk back to us." With my throat too choked up with feelings, I shook my head, afraid that if I opened my mouth to reply, I won't be able to control my emotions. Eunhyuk bowed then to everyone, "I'm so sorry for making everyone worried. I'll try my best not to let myself get into the same state again, so, please along with Hae, help me..." His voice trembled with choked tears and my heart tightened even more. Unable to bear it anymore, Siwon stood up and led both of us to our seats. "Hyung, please don't feel sorry about anything. This is something that all of us should be bearing together. It must have been really difficult for you to go through everything that had happened. We should be the one apologizing. After Hankyung hyung's.... we should have been more sensitive to what you must be feeling. After all you saw..." I saw Eunhyuk biting his lips to keep it from trembling as tears threatened to fall. Angered, I shot a angry look at SiWon, surprising the man. "Hyuk, let's not talk about this anymore. Everyone, let's just have a meal together peacefully." Nodding silently, everyone took up their utensils and began eating silently. After a few more moments, Hyukkie began eating as well. Though I ate a few bites, I didn't really have the appetite so I began picking at my food instead. Suddenly, Teuk hyung spoke up hesitantly, "Everyone..." My head snapped up to see his head bowed slightly as he mentally prepared himself. My heart began pounding rapidly against my chest as I guessed what he was about to say. It's too soon... they can't possibly do that to us!  Teuk hyung took a deep breath with KangIn hyung's hand on the small of his back, giving him support, and gathered up his courage, opening his mouth to speak again. "The company wants us to do a press conference about HeeChul and Hankyung's death. And since the fact that they were lovers were exposed, there had been many comments about the... couples within our group. It looks like the entire world now knows about our relationship... President Lee Soo Man is furious and he wants us to deny that we love each other and only place HeeChul and Hankyung in their so-called forbidden love." There was an explosion of protests when we heard that but I just sat numbly in my seat. Of course... of course he'll do that. He always had something against Heechul hyung. Now, even when Hee Chul hyung already left us, he still wants to tarnish him.  Amidst all the protests, I spoke up softly. "We'll do the press conference."