Foreshadowing

Shrouded: Sequel to HanChul's Tears

Donghae's POV 

 
I frowned as the pain from the constant drumming of my temples increasingly got worse as we went through the dance steps in preparation for our comeback. It's been a month since the press conference and after a new executive took over the company, we've been making preparations. Many of the other idols encouraged and comforted us whenever we exchanged paths in the board-cast stations and the fans' constant and everlasting support made us work harder. Although we didn't say it out, we were also working hard for Hee Chul and Han kyung hyung; we were trying to help them fulfill their dreams as well. Although I have not blackout again since that time in the room, there have been a constant throbbing in my head. Additionally, I was sweating too much, the dance steps were not easy but it was not that difficult as well. I breathed heavily as I watched Hyuk easily getting the steps and moving his bodies fluidly to the beats. Something was very wrong. A small smile played on my lips as I saw Hyukkie noticing that I was watching him. The next moment, my lips parted in awe as he danced beautifully with the music and my body ached to join him in it. I subconsciously took a step forward and a sudden dizziness rushed rapidly towards me. Then, my visions swam and the floor collapse underneath me. 
 
Eunhyuk's POV 
 
I could feel Hae's eyes on me as I listened intently to the music and began dancing the choreographed steps. Dancing was still my one and only passion. Now, it served to do more; only when I lost myself in the physical steps and movements, could I temporarily cope with my own emotions. Controlling my breathing, I easily went through the routine without breaking into a sweat. Just as I suddenly heard a loud thud, I could no longer feel Donghae's eyes on me. My heart skipped a beat when the music was turned off abruptly and my breath got caught in my throat when I turned and saw Donghae's still body on the floor. Fear and terror gripped me as tightly as if it had arms, chilling me from the inside. The members all rushed towards my lover as I stood there rooted to the ground, staring in horror. Hae was sweating profusely and he looked so pale... It was as if... My thoughts were cut off abruptly when Siwon called out my name as he carried Donghae's limp body in his arms and scanned the room in puzzlement for me. Suddenly coming back to my senses, my legs began moving towards them and amidst the silence protests, I took Donghae into my arms. As his head rolled to settle against my shoulder, I realized that he was too light. Something was very wrong. 
 
I had my head buried in my hands as I waited for what seems like eternity for the doctor's diagnose of Hae outside the emergency room. Unsurprisingly, just being in the hospital was nostalgic. Feeling a comforting pressure on my shoulders, I looked up to see a cup of hot milo being offered to me. Knowing that I was going to shake my head, Kangin hyung knelt down besides my seat and pressed the hot beverage into my hands. "Drink a little, Eunhyuk. Donghae will be fine.". Not trusting myself to speak without breaking down, I smiled weakly at him and raised the cup to my lips. The hot milo was sweetened my mouth and warmed me a little. As I finished it slowly, I looked around and realized that not everyone was here. It seems that Teuk hyung was aware of how similar the situation was with Heechul hyung and made the others, including himself stay behind at the dance studio. Only Kangin hyung and Siwon were here. Unaware that I was watching them, they continued whispering in hush tones and I wondered what they were talking about. Just then, the doctor came out and I rapidly placed the cup of milo down and leaped out of my chair.  "How is he?", I asked anxiously, barely aware of Kangin hyung and Siwon who have joined me. "He should be fine. The reason why he fainted today should most likely be because of extreme fatigue and stress. We are currently giving him the intravenous drip. We also did some blood tests to ensure that he's really fine but these results would come out at a later date. So, don't worry too much, after he's done with the drip, he can go back already. Please ensure that he rests sufficiently and eats well.". Siwon and Kangin hyung sighed in relief after the doctor left but I still felt uneasy about Hae's condition. Patting myself on the back, Siwon said, "There, the doctor said Hae'll be fine. Let's go and see him finish his drip then bring him home.". 
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Donghae slept through the entire drip and the journey home. Wrapping his arms around Hae's lean body as his head laid in the crooks of his neck, Eunhyuk couldn't help thinking that something very bad was approaching their ways...again...