Rescue Part 1 (Eunhae)

Shrouded: Sequel to HanChul's Tears

Donghae’s POV 

 

He was inside. Right there in the middle of the dark room, the lights emitting from the fire on the walls flickered eerily along his body. He was coated from head to toe with white liquid but the most prominent colour on his body came from the countless charred wounds against the paleness of his lower body. The smell of charred skin mixed with sweat and human fluid lingered strongly in the room and Donghae fought hard against to urge to gouge. He stood grounded to the floor, unable to take even a small step forward. “Hyuk?” Donghae’s voice trembled. Eunhyuk didn’t move. “Hyuk?” Donghae called again, raiding his voice a little higher. Eunhyuk didn’t even stir. He was so still. Something was wrong. He can’t already be dead. He can’t be. he wouldn’t be. No, he isn’t dead. The floor began to swim and Donghae grabbed desperately to the door frame. His head started to pound and the darkness in his mind threatened to claim him. “No…. Don’t!” Donghae gasped. Shutting his eyes tightly, he drew several deep breaths, forcing himself not to faint. When he was sure that he was not going to collapse the moment he took a step, he gathered energy and ran quickly towards his lover and gathered him into his arms. The warmth that he felt through his fingers the moment he touched Eunhyuk made him want to weep with both joy and relief. “Hyuk…. oh Hyuk” Donghae took off his coat, quickly wrapped Eunhyuk in it and hugged his body against his. “Hyukie….” Donghae was crying. All the fear and uncertainty he had bottled within him overflowed into uncontrollable tears down his cheeks.

 

“Do you really think that now is the correct time to be relieved, Donghae?” Donghae jumped at Lee Soo Hyuk’s voice and breath blowing on his left ear, realising too late that this was clearly a trap. There was also now something very cold and metallic against his neck and Donghae stiffened with Eunhyuk’s head lying on top of his knees. Carefully, he swallowed his saliva, “If I let you kill me, will you promise to never harm any of the Super Junior members again?” Soo Hyuk was stunned for a moment at his question but recovered quickly and laughed out loud. “What is it about you Super Junior members? Every one of you is one of a kind. Did you think that your life is worth so much that I will let the rest of them off when I gave up so much for this revenge? I will not stop. I will never stop! Not even if I am placed behind bars, I will still find some way to hurt you all!”

 

“Your father made those mistakes himself, it was not our fault that he had to pay for his wrongdoings. Besides…. we already lost Heechul and Hanging hyung, what is it that you just cannot let go?” Lee Soo Hyuk pressed the knife a bit deeply into Donghae’s neck and the younger man leaned back, trying to escape but Lee Soo Hyuk’s used his body to sandwich him. “So you want to talk to me about my father? It was your Hee Chul hyung who seduced him! It was Hee Chul who changed him and his love for my mother! If my mother didn’t see him and Hee Chul doing those obscene acts in the office, she wouldn’t have left home! If she didn’t leave home, she wouldn’t have got into a car accident and become a vegetarian! So,” Lee Soo Hyuk jerked Donghae’s head to the left to see his eyes. The menace and hatred that Donghae saw in his grey eyes sent a chill down his spine, “you want to ask why do I want to hurt you all so bad? If it wasn’t for all of you, my family wouldn’t turn out to this broken state! So tell me!!! How is this not your fault?!” Lee Soo Hyuk’s eyes suddenly closed tightly and he shook his head fervently, as if trying to shake out some inner demon. “Stop!” he gasped, “Enough… Stop!” When he reopened his eyes, he seemed shocked to see the knife against Donghae’s neck and was about to remove it when there was a sudden commotion outside the door. “Hae! Where are you?! Donghae heard Siwon’s whisper, along with more shuffling of feet. Lee Soo Hyuk’s knife went immediately back to his neck, the pressure this time was high enough to break his skin. Donghae felt blood welling and his eyes darted from Lee Soo Hyuk to the door and back to the actor. A chill ran down his spine as he feared what this might make the younger man do. “Please,” Donghae breathed, “Do not hurt Eunhyuk anymore.” Lee Soo Hyuk smiled menacing at him, “Sunny told you all about this place, didn’t she? Did she tell the police as well? Of course she did, didn’t she? That cousin of ours just can’t wait to see our family fall… Didn’t you also see it, Soo Hyuk? I told you countless of times that we should have locked her up when we had the chance.” Donghae frowned at Lee Soo Hyuk's sudden third person address of himself but before he could ask anything, the door swung open and Si Won stepped in. Peripherally, Hae saw numerous more shadows behind Siwon. Lee Soo Hyuk saw those shadows as well and whispered into Donghae’s ear, “Game over.” when the cold blade against his neck was lifted and came speeding down in front of him. Before he could process the words, hot, red blood spurted onto his face and neck and his eyelids squeezed together instinctively against the potential pain. However, there was no pain, only a dull buzzing in his ears and mind. His brain processed everything slowly. “No pain?” his brain questioned the lack of pain. “The knife… the blood…” Mechanically he lowered his glance to his lap and…..