Rescue Operation

Shrouded: Sequel to HanChul's Tears

Dong Hae's POV

We left for lee Soo Hyuk's safehouse ahead of the police, knowing that they will never let us follow. It was initially decided that only Shin Dong hyung, Kang In hyung and Si Won would be going as the former two had the largest build out of us all and Si Won was gathering men from his own family to "reinforce" the police. But it was for an attempt to save Lee Teuk hyung , Ryeowook and Hyuk out before Lee Soo Hyuk and his men were alerted by the presence of the police and forced to do the worst out of pressure. Yesung Hyung and I protested.  Si Won tried to warn us of the dangers but we would not listen. How could we stay behind when our lovers are in danger? "Would you have stayed behind if Ki Bum was the one that was one kidnapped?" Si Won's head snapped towards Ki Bum, "Of course not! But..." Ki Bum shook his head at his lover, "I'm going as well." Si Won voice rose, "What?! No! You're staying here!" Ki Bum strolled towards Si Won and leaned to whisper into his ear. "You can try keeping me and Dong Hae hyung here and I will keep you out of my room for at least.... 3 months." Si Won tried to protest more but Ki Bum whispered something else and his eyes widened in anguish and turned to linger on Dong Hae for a moment. A few seconds passed in silence before he nodded in defeat. Sung Min stepped up, "If it's like this, Kyu Hyun and I are going as well." He continued on before anyone can protest, "There is strength in numbers, besides, are we not all members of Super Junior? This is no reason why we should be staying back here. Let's just go and when we are halfway there, call the police. Although, can I just suggest that we carry these along with us?"  

The silence hang heavily in the van after we called the police and informed them about the location. The inspector in charge of the case was livid with rage over the phone when we also told them that we were already heading to the place. "Are you guys crazy?! Stop where you guys are right now! If not..." Kyu Hyun promptly hang up the call and shut off his phone. The rest of us didn't bring our phones out. The plan was simple. Sunny explained to us before that Eunhyuk they all were held in the basement rooms although she couldn't tell us precisely the location of each room because she was always blindfolded when she was bought there. In the rarest chance when she was bought up to the rooms above without getting blindfolded, she saw only one entrance to the basement. There was however one thing that she was very certain of and that is, Lee Soo Hyuk, wouldn't have kept the men around in the day. So we at least had the reassurance that it was only going be Lee Soo Hyuk that we were going to face. 

We arrived in the neighbourhood and packed some distance away, not wanting to draw attention to us. Before getting off the van, Si Won reviewed the plan to us again. "Sunny managed to find the key to the backdoor from her Uncle's old apartment so we are all going to go in from there. From what she said, the basement is quite big, separated into two wings, but they are connected. The entrances are hidden behind a wall, right beside the fireplaces, one located in the living room and the other in the dining room. Sunny said to look out for a brick that was slightly darker than the rest and push it to open the door. When we go in, keep a lookout for Lee Soo Hyuk and subdue him immediately if any of you saw him. Surprise is our only element of advantage. We will all go in, in groups of 4. Shindong hyung, Donghae, KiBum and I will be in one group, and the rest of you in another. Kang In hyung, please do not do anything on impulse. We need to get them all out safely." Kang In hyung nodded, along with the rest of us. 

The mansion was so huge that it took us at least 10 minutes before we made our way to the back of the mansion as silently as we could. Siwon took the key out and inserted it into the lock and as slowly as he could, turned it. Luckily the lock wasn't the kind to click loudly when unlocked. He turned back to nod at us before pushing the door open gently. The hallway that the door opened to was empty and we all plied into the house before closing the door softly. The whole house was as silent as a crypt as we tiptoed towards the living room and dining room respectively. We found the fireplace and the slightly darker coloured brick on the wall besides it, Shindong hyung whispered, "Here goes." before pressing on the brick and the wall/ hidden door opened inwards, showing a flight of stairs leading down to the basement. We descended the flight of stairs, and was faced with a long dark corridor. The corridor was lit with small LED lights on the ceiling, mostly like an airport runway with severals doors on both side. Taking a deep breath in, I said determinedly, "Let's split up and open them all together to save time." and wandered forward to the furthest 4th door that I could see. Siwon and the rest each took their place in front of a door and with my nod, we turned the doorknob and pushed open the door.