Conflicting feelings

Shrouded: Sequel to HanChul's Tears

I sat shell shocked on the bed as I watched Eunhyuk screaming in agony, tearing at his hair, as if trying to keep the memories out through that way. His agonized screams sounded throughout the entire dorm and Leeteuk hyung rushed into the room with the others upon hearing them, all instantly awake but I remained frozen, trying to wrap around something that Hyuk said. Siwon knelt in front of me, "Donghae, what happened? Donghae?". I vaguely saw Teuk hyung gathering the trembling Eunhyuk in a tight hug, like how a mother consoled her child. Eunhyuk was still crying, loud and sorrowful sobs that tore at my heart, but something darker were ripping me into pierces. "It's because of Hankyung hyung." I started and was met with the confused looks of the others. "He can't forget how Hankyung hyung died in front of him. He feels guilty for not being able to prevent it." Everyone turned their attention towards Hyukjae whose crying had died now but once again, his eyes had gone out of focus, empty of all emotions. Looking at him, I couldn't breathe all of a sudden. The air within the room felt stiff and the room itself seems to be closing in. I panted, trying to get some air into my lungs but I couldn't. I got up abruptly and some of the members stepped towards me. "I need to get out of here. " I gasped, pushing pass the members who stood along the path to the door. Swinging the door open, I ran out of the room, but I didn't stop there. Instead, I went further and got out of the dorm.

Tears blurred my vision and I could not really see where I was going. I thought I heard Kibum calling me from the back but I continued pushing myself forward, wanting to get as far away from the dorm as possible. The sound of cars filled my ears as I neared the road but I continued running forward blindly. I didn't know that I had stepped out onto the busy road until the urgent hooking of an incoming car sounded dangerously close to my ears. I stood frozen in its path for a moment until a hand reached out and pulled me back to safety. The world spunned and suddenly, I was facing Kibum with his arms wrapped around me. Kibum released me from the hug that resulted from his pulling of me out of the road and grabbed my shoulders. "Hyung! What are you doing?! Are you trying to get yourself killed?!" Kibum shook me harshly as if to wake me up. "Maybe I should just die." I whispered as tears steamed down my face uncontrollably. "What?!" Kibun exclaimed, "Hyung, do you know what you're talking now?" I clenched tightly to his clothes as I broke down, unable to take it anymore. "Kibum, why?!" I cried, "Why?! Why did Hankyung hyung has to take away the people I love?! Is it not enough that he took HeeChul hyung from me? Why?! Why does he have to take Eunhyuk away too? I felt like hating him but he's gone too. What can I do to a dead man who died because of his love for his dead lover? He made the mistake and paid it with his life, but I can't... I really can't forgive him. " Kibum wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tightly. Not minding that I was crying into the front of his shirt, his voice trembled as he tried to console me. "Hyung, please do not have such scary thoughts. Like what you said, Hankyung hyung paid the price already but we're all still living. Unless we too want to give up on life, we have to move on. If you were to give up, we'll really lose Eunhyuk hyung. You're the only one who can do it." I shook my head, "I don't think I can do it, Kibum. You saw how he was just now..." Kibum cut my words off by tilting my tears strained face up, meeting my eyes steadily, he said, "Hyung, believe in his love for you. You and us couldn't save HeeChul because his heart were already given to Hankyung hyung, just like how we passed ours to our lovers. Eunhyuk hyung really loves you, you can do it. Hyung, believe in yourself. " Although Kibum seemed certain that I could do it, but I couldn't bring myself to agree with him. He understood and changed the topic, "Hyung, let's go back to the dorm first to have some breakfast, should we? You need the energy for battle." Having calmed down a little, I agreed and both of us went back to the dorm.

Not allowing me to go back to Hyuk's room, Kibum guided me into the kitchen and sat me down in front of the breakfast that Ryeowook made. Teuk hyung and Siwon were still accompanying Eunhyuk while the others have been chased out to get some breakfast. Nobody talked much, all of us just ate in silence. I picked at my food, if not for Kibum who kept looking to see if I was eating, I wouldn't have eaten more than a few mouthful of rice. After Kibum finally let me off, I went back to Eunhyuk's room. Although Hyuk was no longer crouching in one corner of the room, he was clearly back to the not responding mode when I stepped into the room. "Teuk hyung, go and have your breakfast. Siwon, you too." Both of them shared a concern look and Teuk hyung started, "Donghae..." Shaking my head, I smiled, "Hyung, it's okay. You two go and have your breakfast first. I'll bring Hyuk to the bathroom for a bath." Leeteuk turned towards Siwon with a silent question in his eyes. Siwon shook his head in response to it and Teuk hyung turned his attention back to me. With a smile, he said, "Okay then. Call us if you need help." I smiled back and they finally left the room. Heaving a sigh, I turned my attention back to Hyuk. 

 

Author's note: 

For the next chapter, it'll be probably rated. Will try my best to express what I want to express, if I don't write it well, please comment and tell me. Thank you very much! :D