Rescue Part 2 (Kangteuk)

Shrouded: Sequel to HanChul's Tears

Kangin’s POV 

 

“Bang!” Kangin whipped his head towards the other side of the house where a gun shot rang. Looking back to Kyumin and Ye Sung hyung who were in front of him, Kang In nodded his agreement and began running towards the other side of the house. “Arhhhhhh!!!!!!!” A few seconds later, a heart wrenching shrill sounded throughout the house then it cut off abruptly. Kang In’s heart pounded rapidly in his chest as he thought, “That sounded like Donghae.”  Fear gripped him as he pushed himself to sprint faster; the short 100 metres have never felt so far. Kyuhyun, Sungmin and Ye Sung Hyung were trying their best to follow from behind. When they reached the other side of the corridor and in front of the room where Siwon and the rest were, they found a chaotic situation. Kang In's brows naturally came together into a lock with confusion. Other than the Super Junior members, the police were also inside and they were surrounding a group of people on the floor. Kang In stepped towards them, breathing heavily with his heart almost coming out of his chest. "When...?" 

 

The smell of blood hit him first before his eyes took in the scene. One police had Lee Soo Hyuk in cuffs with blood pooling around him.  The man was unconscious and one of the policemen were pressing a blood stained shirt into a shoulder wound on his right shoulder, trying to prevent Lee Soo Hyun from dying of excessive blood loss. Beside him, Ki Bum was holding onto an unconscious Donghae with Si Won by Eunhyuk's side and Eunhyuk…. Kang In choked back a sob, “Hyukjae…” A knife was buried in his left thigh and blood was flowing out from the wound, staining the beige coat crimson. “Eunhyuk…” The paramedics were rushing into the room when Kang In heard the hoarse but familiar voice.  “Teukie!” The police were unlocking his hands from the cuffs when Kang In opened his arms towards him but Leeteuk pushed past his arms. He got out of the chair and promptly fell onto the floor as his legs gave way from the lack of food and sleep for a few days. “Teuk” Kang In exclaimed in concern as he attempted to help his lover up but Leeteuk continued trying to get to Eunhyuk. Understanding his lover’s need to see Eunhyuk, he scooped him up into his arms and carried him to where Eunhyuk laid, breathing heavily. When Lee teuk saw the knife buried to the hilt in Eunhyuk’s leg, he moaned and started trashing feebly in Kang In’s arms, wanting to get down. Kang In held him even tighter in his arms, refusing to even kneel to let Lee teuk have a closer look. Eun hyuk looked so pale and tattered that it was as if he already had one foot into the grave. If the doctor couldn't sa... Kang In held those dark thoughts back. "Don't," he told himself, "Hyuk is going to be alright. 

 

Eunhyuk was surrounded by paramedics whom were urgently discussing in hushed tones, turned to them. A lady doctor, who looked seemingly in charge, spoke up. "We need to get the knife out of him here. If we move him while the knife is still in his leg, it may cause more injury, given that he is also suffering from electrocution wounds on the lower body. For Lee Teuk sshi’s psychological sake, I would suggest that he be removed from the room first.” Looking straight at Kang In’s eyes from the floor, “You'll only have a maximum of 3 minutes to get him as far away from this room before he hear something that he cannot accept.” Turning to Siwon, “I would suggest you do the same for Donghae sshi even though he is unconscious. Now, go!” Without a single question, Kang In turned towards the the door and began running. The people surrounding the door parted like the red sea. “Kang In! Go back! I need to be there! I have to be with Hyuk! Kang In!” Ignoring his lover, Kang In only ran faster. They got as far to the top of the stairs before… Instinctively, Kang In stopped, quickly placed Leeteuk on a step, turned his lover’s face into his chest and covered his ears with both palms, blocking out the scream as much as possible. It was a sound that would haunt all of them in the many months to come. 

 

Once outside, Kang In was rushed into an ambulance with Leeteuk and the paramedics quickly drove off to the hospital. Kang In tried to place Leeteuk onto the stretcher but his lover refused to get out of his arms so Kang In sat in an ambulance with Leeteuk on his lap, holding his lover in his arms as the paramedics inspect him for potential wounds. The only wounds he sustained were the mark burned into his right shoulder and the cuts around his wrists from his countless attempts of trying to get out of the locks. Looking at the amount of wounds he sustained compared to Eun Hyuk, Kang In began to worry about how this was going to affect Lee Teuk and he understood the absolute conviction in the doctor’s eyes when she told him to run. She has already foreseen the amount of psychological help Lee Teuk needs. 

 

Lee Teuk started sobbing uncontrollably. “Kang In…. Kang In!” Lee Teuk broke down in his lovers arms, “I’ve failed them. I’ve failed as a leader again. I am such a failure. Is Eunhyuk going to die? Have they caught Lee Soo Hyuk? It is all my fault… I... did that to... ” Kang In held Lee Teuk’s face in his hands, forcing the leader to look at him in his eyes, “Hush… Sshhh... hush… It’s not your fault. It’s all going to alright now. Hush… It’s alright. They have already caught Lee Soo Hyuk. Eunhyuk will be alright. They will save him. We won't lose another member again. Don't worry. Rest now, you're safe. Rest.” Kang In placed a soft kiss on Leeteuk's forehead but he was inconsolable, “No No!!” He shook his head fervently, “I…. I…” Leeteuk panted as his head swam from his sudden aggressive moment. He also didn't notice the diazempam injection needle that the nurse had inserted into his arm to make him sleep. As he blinked, black waves folded over him and he was drowning.