Bipolar

Shrouded: Sequel to HanChul's Tears

There were only ragged breathings left in the room when Soo Hyuk came back into the room. Passing by the unconscious Eunhyuk and sleeping Leeteuk, he kneeled besides Ryeowook who was lying on his sides with his hands still bound, his entire back drenched in blood. Releasing the bounds, Soo Hyuk gently picked him up and slugged him over his shoulders. He carried him into another hidden room where a bathtub, the size of a small pool, was situated in the middle of the room. Tiles surrounded the indented square of water in the middle. Soo hyuk put Ryeowook gently down, on his front, on a towel laid out on the tiles and looked through the medical supplies and stacks of towels laid out besides him. Silently, he put on his gloves and got to work. When he was done (hours later), Ryeowook’s back was bandaged like a mummy and the water within the bathtub was entirely crimson. Carrying Ryeowook back into the white room, where the stains of what happened earlier still remained, he settled the older man gently onto the bed. “I’m sorry.” Soo Hyuk murmured before leaning back to place a soft kiss on Ryeowook’s forehead.

 

Just as he was about to leave, he heard a soft voice asking, “Are you bipolar?” Turning back, he met a pair of soulful eyes of the darkest brown. “No. I’m just sick in my mind.” Soo hyuk threw that answer before striding purposefully towards the door. "Have you tried seeing a doctor?" Ryeowook's inappropriate and ridiculous question stopped him in his track and he stared back at him. "Are you trying to strike up a conversation with the person who just tortured and you?" Ryeowook grimaced at his blunt question and confessed, "I just wanted someone to talk to. I can't feel my back and it's frightening." Concern flinted across Soo Hyuk's face for one brief second that Ryeowook was almost sure he imagined it when the model turned away from the door and suddenly loomed over him. Probing his back gently, Lee Soo Hyuk asked in a serious tone, "Do you not feel anything?" When his fingers brushed over the more serious cuts, agony came fast and furious through his back that he jerked and seethed at the burning pain. Sighing, Lee Soo Hyuk sat back down onto the bed besides Ryeowook, “Are you not scared of me?” Ryeowook smiled weakly, “I was. Actually I still am. I mean how can someone change so drastically from one moment to the other? You’ve hurt me so much but now you care as much too. It’s scary. You’re scary. But did anything happen to you? Why do you have to do this to us? Did Lee…. ” Ryeowook realised that he was rambling in his anxiety and stepping on Lee Soo Hyuk’s landmine that he immediately snapped his mouth shut.

 

“You really are a fool. Why do you even care if something happen to me? You should be hating me! You should be thinking of all the ways to torture and kill me! Are you trying to pity me?!” Soo Hyuk roared in anger as he reached forward to pull Ryeowook’s head back through his hair. Whimpering against the sudden outburst and anticipated pain, Ryeowook shut his eyes tightly. Seconds passed and his face was still against the soft bed. Hesitating, he took a cautious peek to see Lee Soo Hyuk sweeping his fingers through his hair before folding his body towards his knees. His hands were tightly placed under his bottom, and it looked painful. “I’m sorry.” Soo Hyuk repeated and Ryeowook glanced at him in confusion. Without another word, Soo Hyuk stood and left the room.