The truth

Shrouded: Sequel to HanChul's Tears

Everyone turned to me, shocked by what I was suggesting. The usually calm and cool Ki Bum even shouted at me, "Hyung! Do you have any idea what you're suggesting right now? You're going to make us all deny our love for each other and ruin HeeChul and Hankyung hyung's image?!" Shaking my head slightly, I turned and looked at Teuk hyung in the eye, "Hyung, you knew what HeeChul hyung went through with the President, don't you?" I could see hyung's eyes shaking as he realised that I knew about the dark secret. "Donghae... How...How could you have known....Did Heechul tell you?" Teuk hyung asked in disbelief. "HeeChul hyung didn't tell me anything, I... saw him that night when he came back bleeding..." There were exclamations of "What?!" when the other members heard that but I fixed my eyes on Teuk hyung whose face had turned pale and his hands were shaking. "Hyung...", I started, "It's time for the truth to be known already, shouldn't it?" When Teuk hyung raised his eyes to meet mine,  I could see tears b in his eyes and I felt my heart aching even more in pain and sorrow. Everyone waited for Teuk hyung to givve me the approval to start talking and when he finally nodded, I almost felt like I was going to faint. If it wasn't for Hyukkie who placed his hand on top on mine, giving me the strength, I would have lost conscious. With tears in my eyes as I recalled what happened, I began talking. 

 

Flashback:

It happened on the night when I couldn't sleep. I was sitting alone in the dark in the living room, drinking a warm cup of milk when the dorm opened and I saw HeeChul and Teuk hyung walking in. I was about to greet them when I noticed that HeeChul hyung was leaning against Teuk hyung and he was limping badly. They didn't notice me so I kept quiet and still until they went into their room(they were sharing a room together that time). They must not have wanted to alert everyone else that they were back because they didn't close the room door. Usually when someone is back froom their schedule and closes the room door, the usual light sleepers would know. Sensing that something was really wrong, I followed them and peeked. Teuk hyung was helping HeeChul hyung out of his clothes and HeeChul hyung was wincing in pain; his clothes were sticking to his skin and there was some kind of dark and thick substance on it. I had to clapped my hand to my mouth when Teuk hyung finally managed to take HeeChul hyung's shirt off. There were so much blood on him that I had initially thought that he had been stabbed by someone and had almost barged into the room but Teuk hyung was hissing at HeeChul hyung in anger and I moved closer in to hear. "HeeChul! How could he do this to you?! Why did you allow him to tamper with your body till this state?! This has to stop! I don't care if this will ruin us but the world has to see him for what he is!, Chullie" Grabbing onto Teuk hyung's arms tightly, HeeChul hyung shut his eyes in pain as he interrupted Teuk hyung and said tightly, "Teukie, you can't do that. Super Junior is everything to all the others, you can't just perish everyone's dream just because of me. I can bear it. He won't do anything to harm my life since that would have been a loss of investment for him." HeeChul hyung said the last sentence in a bitter way and my heart pounded against my chest as I speculated who the two 89'liners were conversing about. Sighing, Teuk hyung steadied HeeChul hyung on his own first before moving to the bathroom. I heard the rush of water as Teuk hyung filled up a basin of clean water and bought it to where HeeChul hyung was. The silence and tension that radiated from Teuk hyung as he silently cleaned HeeChul hyung's body was frightening. My hands were shaking as the wounds started showing up more clearly. HeeChul hyung's entire back was filled with whip marks and I noticed that there were several bruises dotting his thin arms. It seems that Teuk hyung was as affected, by the wounds that were inflicted onto HeeChul hyung's body, as I was because I could see the tears that were flowing silently down his face as he cleaned HeeChul hyung. "Teukie...", HeeChul hyung started softly, "Please? Please promise me that you won't do anything that would harm us as a group?" That was the first time I heard HeeChul hyung sounding so scared and unsure. Keeping his head down so that HeeChul hyung could not see his tears, Teuk hyung calmed himself down first before he spoke up, "I won't do anything that could harm Super Junior a group but I'll talk to him and demand him to stop treating you like a slave. Lee Soo Man isn't our master and he has no rights to treat you like this! I know he sees this as your punishment for not obeying him but this is too much. He... he you too, doesn't he?" I choked back my burst of outcry when I heard that and my legs gave out as I sank to the ground. Surprisingly, HeeChul and Teuk hyung didn't hear me. When HeeChul hyung avoided Teuk hyung's glance, I knew that what Teuk hyung was saying was the truth. The president that I respected so much were actually a sadistic monster who treated my favourite and loving hyung as a slave.

 

End of flashback:

At that time, I really couldn't understand why HeeChul hyung bear everything without fighting back but after a few weeks of observing, I found out the reason. HeeChul hyung was fighting for all of us. President Lee promised that he'll not overwork the rest of us if HeeChul hyung agreed to be his. HeeChul hyung endured but when President Lee didn't go through with his promises, he rebelled in his way by causing controversies. However, though his methods did result in pressuring Lee Soo Man and making him carry through with what he promised, the price HeeChul hyung paid was greater. He not only had to keep all of us in the dark, but he felt that he was betraying HanKyung hyung with what he did willingly. Eventually, I confessed to HeeChul hyung that I knew and pleaded for him to stop hurting himself for all of us. He shook his head sadly and proclaimed that everything was too late. He made me swear that I won't try to take any unnecessary actions since it'll do nothing but bring trouble to myself. Tears were flowing silently down my face as I finished and I could see that everyone was crying together with me. "I'm... I'm sorry for not telling you all earlier. " I sobbed, "I'm such a failure to HeeChul hyung! If only I did... then Hankyung hyung wouldn't have filed a lawsuit with our company and left HeeChul hyung. He would have fought along with us then... both of them wouldn't have died!" Shaking their heads, the members shook his head and tried to console me. Teuk hyung stood up and silenced them. Speaking in a shaky voice, "No one's at fault. I am the one who should be blamed. I promised that I would look after all of you but I failed. I couldn't protect HeeChul and Hankyung and that was a mistake that cause both of their lives. I know it's too late to make any amendments now but I'll agree with Donghae to make the press conference and this time, I'll get justice back for HeeChul and Hankyung. Everyone, please, forgive me." Teuk hyung apologized sincerely and bowed. Everyone protested to his apology and SiWon spoke up, "Hyung. Everyone is at fault now but that is not important. What's important now is that we stay united together and pull through everything that'll be coming up after the press conference together not just as a group named Super Junior, but as brothers who'll support each other through life and death. Everyone nodded their agreements and they locked hands with each other at the battle that they'll be facing soon.