A step towards freedom

Shrouded: Sequel to HanChul's Tears

The press conference swarmed with reporters and we could hear the fans outside of the auditorium. I grasped Eunhyuk's hand tightly as Teuk hyung led us. The numerous flashes from the cameras were blinding and I felt Eunhyuk staggering a little under the intense lighting. Tightening my grip on my lover, I led Eunhyuk gently to his seat and quickly opening up a bottle of water for him to drink. Eunhyuk sipped a little and smiled his gratitude, nodding his head to my silent question if he was alright. I sat down quietly and searched the auditorium for that person. He had to be here, we'll make him pay for what he did. Teuk hyung was also looking at Lee Soo Man, waiting for his signal to start. At his nod, Leeteuk stood up and took charge, quieting the reporters so that he could began the press conference. When the auditorium was finally quiet enough for him to speak, Teuk hyung began. "All the respected and distinguished reporters, you have all watched our growth as Super Junior and as you all know, we recently lost two of our dearest brothers, Heechul and Hankyung. There were many controversies regarding their deaths, and i know many of you are concerned as to whether Super Junior would disband; truthfully, there is a possibility but nothing has been confirmed yet. As for today, together with our members, We will answer every question truthfully. Thank you." Finishing his introduction, Leeteuk sat down and braced himself mentally for the questions that would be coming. There was a moment of discussions between the reporters before someone raised his hand. "Is it true that Hankyung shii commited suicide by letting himself get hit by a car because of HeeChul?" I saw Hyukkie stiffening besides me and frowned. Taking his hand in mine under the table, I squeezed his hand, wanting to give him the energy and courage to bear through this. Turning to meet my eyes, Hyuk smiled sadly before turning his attention back to the conference. My heart pounded in anxiety, and I decided to monitor Hyukjae just as Teuk hung answered to the first question. "Yes, It is true that Hankyung killed himself because of HeeChul." Urgently, another hand was raised and the reporter stood up, "So the rumour that Hankyung and HeeChul are lovers is also true?" Leeteuk could only answer a single 'Yes' when the next question came. "Then, are all Super Junior couples true too? Eunhae, Kyumin, Kangteuk... All these pairings, they really do exist?" My head whipped towards Lee Soo Man as I watched him looking at Teuk hyung intensively and Teuk hyung took a look at him at the same time. I could hear my heart thumping loudly against my chest as I waited for Teuk hyung to reveal our secret. "Yes, Super Junior couplings are all true. We all love each other dearly and we're lovers of our partner."

 

There were several gasps of surprise and the flashes of the camera increased. A sudden movement caught my periphery view and I turned to see Lee Soo Man standing up, his face red with fury. He made his way towards us, staring angrily at Teuk hyung as he hissed. "What do you think you're doing, Leeteuk?" Without waiting for Teuk hyung to respond, he turned his back against us and plastered a smile on his face as he addressed the reporters, "Everyone, I'm sorry but the press conference today would be cancelled. Thank you all for coming, we'll..." I stood up agitated among the murmurs of the reporters and protested, "No! The press conference will go on, I won't allow you to control us like what you did to HeeChul hyung anymore, you monster!" Lee Soo Man turned to me in surprise, "What...? What did you say, Donghae?". I stared at him, my hands shaking from suppressed anger. "You know the best yourself what you did to HeeChul hyung, President Lee Soo Man shii." There was now a buzzing spreading through the auditorium as the reporters murmured questions as to what was happening. "I warn you to think before you say anything, Donghae." Lee Soo Man leaned forward and hissed at me. There was a spark of anger in his eyes, and I reminded myself who I was talking to. Before I could say another word, Teuk hyung tood up and cleared his throat, gaining everyone's attention. "I know everyone of you here is very curious as to what we're saying and I'll tell you all now. President Lee Soo Man not only abused HeeChul, he... forced HeeChul to have ual relations with threats of turning his abuse towards us and today, he ordered us to ruin HeeChul and Hankyung by only putting them in the negative limelight. I have the proof of what he did to HeeChul physically right here with me and I've already send a set of it to the police station." Teuk hyung turned towards KangIn hyung who held an envelope up. My eyes widened as Lee Soo Man flashed past my eyes and stomped towards KangTeuk. "Hyung, be careful!" I warned but KangIn hyung was faster, he threw the envelope at Teuk hyung and caught Lee Soo Man in his grip as the President threw himself forward, attempting to snatch the envelope. "Let go of me!" He screamed, "You guys must have gone crazy! Who would believe what you brats are saying?! This isn't true! Give that to me now, Lee Teuk if not..." President Lee suddenly came to his sense and was intensely aware of the situation he was place in. Shooting a furious glance at us, he turned and left the auditorium without another word. An awkward silence preceded within the room, and I turned and looked at our members. Ryeowook was crying softly with Yesung's arms around his shoulders; SiBum were just looking at the situation although SiWon had a slight frown on his face; Kyuhyun and Sungmin laced their fingers through each other's and gripped their hands tightly; KangTeuk sat down slowly, it was the first time I've seen Teuk hyung so lost and not in control. As for Eunhyuk, he just sat numbly besides me, staring at the floor, deeply lost in his thoughts. 

 

In the end, the press conference was ended abruptly after a few more questions about HanChul and the issue with Lee Soo Man shii. The silence within the van as we rode back to our dorm was deafening. The future seems really vague and what was laying in wait for us, I have absolutely no idea...