Haunted by the memories

Shrouded: Sequel to HanChul's Tears

Eunhyuk's POV

As the outside scenery flashed by with the moving taxi, I could not longer keep in my sobs. The sob hurt like hell but once I let go of one, I couldn't restrain the rest. I told no destination to the driver, only asking him to bring me somewhere quiet. I didn't know how long we've been traveling or where we were going,but it felt like a long time before the taxi stopped. By then, my sobs had died and my tears had dried. I looked out of the window at the church in shock before turning towards the taxi driver. He smiled when he saw my confusion and spoke gently, "I heard what happened to you boys, a beach may be a more suitable place since you want some peace and quiet, but it's a place that could worsen someone who's dealing with their grief of losing someone. Go in and pray, son. I'll be here waiting for you when you're done. Don't worry, I won't charge you for this ride.". I smiled weakly at the kind driver and got out of the vehicle. My steps were heavy as I trudged up the steps to the place of worship. Walking into the empty church,I was instantly filled with a sense of relief. I knelt in front of the altar and immediately began praying. All the guilt and sorrow I felt for losing Hankyung hyung I confessed it to Him, hoping for his guidance to lead me out of this darkness that was rapidly rising within me. I don't know how long I knelt there, swimming in misery and praying fervently for forgiveness. Long enough for my knew to ache and my feet to fall asleep. Remembering the taxi driver who was waiting for me outside, I eventually staggered to my feet, pins and needles jabbing fiercely at me as I made my way out of the church. It has been evening when I went into the church but when I came out of it, the afternoon sun had already set and the moon had already risen high up in the dark sky. I apologized to the taxi driver and got into the vehicle tiredly. Taking my phone from the front pockets of my pants, I was shocked to see that I had more than thirty missing calls and twenty two text messages. The most recent one was from Siwon and it said this: "Hyuk, where are you?! Call me back when you see this!" Wearily, I called Siwon back, whose phone number occupied the most of my call list. "Hyuk!", Siwon immediately started when the call connected, "Where are you?! Do you have any idea how worried we were? Hae fainted at the cemetery and is still now unconscious! How could you leave just like this? Where are you?!". I said nothing as Siwon continued to rant, when the man was finally out of breath and panting, I replied with a simple, "I'm coming back now." before ending the call. The taxi driver looked at me from the rear mirror with a question in his eyes and I met it with a weary smile. "Please take me back to our dorm. Thank you.". Leaning back onto the comfortable seat, I stared blankly out of the window as the taxi made its way back to the dorm. It seems that the tears have finally stopped, but now, a certain numbness was starting to take over. When we finally reached the dorm, I paid the taxi driver 30,000 won although the driver kept rejecting and stepped back into painful reality. 

The first face I saw when I stepped into the dorm was Sungmin hyung's. His eyes widened in shock when he saw me and he actually stumbled over his words. "Eun...hyuk. What...what happened to you?". I didn't feel like responding, so I didn't. I moved towards my room where I knew it'll be empty, knowing that Hae would be in good hands since Teuk hyung would be the one taking care of him. Shutting the door behind me, I locked it. Pressing my back against the door, I slid down until my hit the floor, then hugged my knees to my chest. The moment I stepped into the living room, it was as if I saw Hankyung hyung again; his devastated face as he walked towards his death. Suddenly, I dreaded falling asleep. The coppery smell of blood filled my nose and I looked on in horror as blood filled my hands. A strangled choke rose up from my throat and I rushed out of my room and ran quickly into the toilet. Slamming the door behind me and quickly locking the door, I the tap and began scrubbing my hands frantically with soap, wanting to get the blood off from my hands. Tears welled up as despair rapidly rose within me as blood continued to stain my palm. I was already crying when I washed my hands for the fifth time. "No. No.", I mumbled incoherently when there was still blood on my hand, "No!".  I was still frantically washing my hands when someone started pounding on the toilet door, "Eunhyuk! Open the door! What are you doing?! Hyukjae!". I couldn't think of anything else except to get the blood of my palms. Then, suddenly, the door slammed open...

 

Kyuhyun's POV.

I watched Eunhyuk hyung running into the toilet and my anxiety grew when I heard the continuous flow of water from the tap. I immediately ran to Minnie, "Min, Eunhyuk hyung seems out of sort. The tap is running and I can hear him washing his hands over and over again.". Sungmin looked up from the coffee table in alarm and ran to the toilet. He began pounding on the door, "Eunhyuk! Open the door! What are you doing?! Hyukjae!". When there was no response, Minnie exchanged a worried look with me before kicking open the door. Eunhyuk hyung was frantically washing his hands and god knows how many times he had washed it, His skin was raw from all the scrubbing and he scrubbed so much that he was actually bleeding, straining the water blood red. "Eunhyuk!". Minnie screamed and snatched Eunhyuk hyung's hands away from the basin. Eunhyuk struggled against Sungmin and I rushed forward to hold him down. "Kyu. Let's bring him out to the kitchen. We need to calm him down first before tending to his wounds. I nodded and  we began to push Eunhyuk out of the toilet and into the kitchen. "Ryeowook!" Sungmiin called out to Wookie who was already in the kitchen, "Bring down the first-aid box. Eunhyuk is injured!". Siwon hyung came running out of Teuk hyung's room when he heard that. By then, we had subdued Eunhyuk into a chair but he was still struggling and injuring himself more. Siwon hyung knelt in front of him and held Eunhyuk's face in his palm, speaking to him gently and soothingly, "Hyuk.Hyuk,look at me, it's okay. It's me, calm down. Hush...Hush... Calm down, Hyuk." After what seems like a long time, Eunhyuk hyung finally calmed down but he didn't respond to any thing that we asked. He just sat in the chair numbly as Minnie cleaned his wound clean of blood before bandaging it up to keep it from getting infected. Siwon hyung kept talking to him but he didn't respond. This was not the Eunhyuk hyung that I knew. It was an empty shell of what he used to be. Suddenly, I was afraid. It was as if I was seeing a second Heechul hyung, how he reacted when he lost Hankyung hyung. What was happening to us?!