Torture

Shrouded: Sequel to HanChul's Tears

Eunhyuk's POV 


I startled  back to consciousness with a gasp as a sharp and high pitched scream cut through my eardrums. I could feel the patch of wet blood coated onto my hair at the back as my head throbbed painfully. There was only darkness everywhere. I shut my eyes tightly as a wave of nausea seized me and bile rose rapidly within my throat. I didn't realize I was gasping for breath until I heard someone shouting for my name anxiously and the next moment, someone grabbed me the back of my head and pressed it down between my legs. As I jolted in respond to the sudden touch, I realized belatedly that I was cuffed to the seat. My hands jerk against the cuffs as sharp pain seized me when pressure was applied to the bloody wound on the back of my head. "Breathe.", that one word cut commandingly into my mind and I struggled to comply. The person's hand has moved down to cup the back of my neck as oxygen rushed in to fill my nostrails and lungs. I breathed deeply and felt better as my mind cleared and the nausea dispersed. I sat up slowly when the person released his hold on my neck and blinked in confusion at the darkness. Then, some cloth was pulled from my eyes and I blinked rapidly to clear the swirls of white around me that I later realized that they came from the dim and small cups of flames in the room. A low buzzing started in my ears as I saw that Ryeowook sat bounded in the chair beside mine. Hid shirt was ripped to fall around his thin body, exposing his back where i could see wisps of smoke. He looked unconscious as sweat drenched his pale face. My eyes widened in shock as fear surged high and deep within me. Then, a sharp movement in front made me turn my attention back to the young man who has stepped back after calming me down. His face was covered in half with a mask and a rod with one end of it curved out in a circular shape was glowing ember red in his hand. Suddenly, i realized whose scream i must have heard in my subconscious mind and my eyes widened in apprehension as the thought hit me and anxiety surged deep and high. "Please!", Teuk hyung's voice cut through my erratic thoughts and I instinctively shrunk back from the young man who has taken a menacing step closer towards me. In a trembling voice, Leeteuk begged. "Please, don't!". The man looked at Teuk hyung intensely and one end of his lips curled up mockingly. Before I knew it, he bend towards my legs and pressed the hot brand into the inner side of my right thigh. Agony shot through my entire body as my pants instantaneously burned and then my flesh cooked. The pain was like nothing I have ever felt before. My throat was raw and I realized that I was screaming. Along with the smell of burning flesh, another wave of nausea, much stronger than before hit me and I couldn't stop thinking of the extreme contrast of the young man's behavior. In matter of minutes, he has saved and killed me. Tears and sweat cascaded down my face as I couldn't stop my body from shaking in pain even after the hot metal left my body. I would have passed out in pain if not for Teuk hyung's muffled grunt and my head snapped up in search of him. The young man was pressing the brand into his right shoulder but unlike us, he did not scream. He bit down harshly on his lips to keep his mouth tightly shut and the skin broke as blood trickled down the side. "Hyung.", I whispered in sympathy as i watched him struggling to keep the shock out of his body, not wanting to appear weak as our leader. When the young man finally let go of him, his body immediately slumped as he slide into unconsciousness. I was already losing consciousness when i heard the young man speaking triumphantly,  "Show time.". 

Donghae's POV 

The dorm was in chaos when Donghae and Kibum arrived back. Siwon was in tears as he kneeled in front of the television while Yesung hyung sat shaking at the sofa. Shin Dong hyung, Sungmin hyung and Kyuhyun was holding onto KangIn hyung who struggled to push towards the television, looking as if he was going to smash the electronic. KiBum ran towards Siwon and took his lover into his arms just as I reached the screen. Something was playing: The room was so dimly lit that i could not figure out what i was watching until I thought I saw wisps of smoke and my eyes zoomed in onto the face like a megapixel camera. That moment felt surreal. I could hear nothing from my current surroundings. Not Siwon's sobs or KangIn hyung's incoherent curses and swears. Instead, the only thing I could hear was the agony filled scream coming from the video and I watched in horror as Eunhyuk's beautiful face twisted in pain as that bastard pressed the hot brand into his inner thigh. Tears and sweat poured down his face as his body trembling from the immerse shock. I stood, rooted to the ground as Eunhyuk's scream repeatedly stabbed through my mind like a physical object and I felt my brain tearing in two. My right thigh throbbed painfully as if I could physically feel his pain but I couldn't. I couldn't take his pain nor could I save him. I was useless. My hands flew to cover my mouth as bile rose strongly at the back of my throat and I turned from the terrible torture and ran hurriedly to the toilet. Collapsing in front of the toilet bowl, I retched and retched until I was certain my insides were all empty. I didn't realized that I was crying until someone took my face into his hands and began wiping my mouth, cleaning the remains of my puke. Combing my hair back as he proceeded next to wipe my tears with new napkins, Sungmin hyung whispered, "Donghae.". I must have whimpered or made some distressing noise as he cupped my face and called my name again, this time with a firmer tone, "Donghae, look at me. Look at me," he repeated and I raised my tears filled eyes to his. "There'll be more to come.". His words sounded almost too harsh on my ears and I jerked against his hold, as if wanting to escape from them. Sungmin hyung tightened his grip, it was as if he could see what I was thinking. "We have already informed the police. During this period, what we can do is only to stay strong as a whole. Teuk hyung would want that and while I can't speak for Eunhyuk... I know you'll stay strong for him, Hae. So stay strong. He'll be back safe and sound." My heart thudded painfully against my chest when he dropped to a whisper again. His trembling voice being the only thing that showed his unease. "He... They have to be...". It was then that I knew: there was no certainty that they'll be back alive...