Time to move on

Shrouded: Sequel to HanChul's Tears

Donghae's POV

It had been hours and he had not even moved from his position. When lunch time came, I ate little and quickly returned back to the room where Kangteuk and Sibum was looking after him. After sending everyone out of the room and back into theirs, I sat beside Eunhyuk, who remained unconscious, on the bed. I couldn't stop the tears from falling as I looked at him. It had only been a day and that was all it took to reduce him from a vibrant, healthy person to this, a pale, fragile looking man. It seems that he had not only not slept, he didn't eat anything throughout the previous day as well. I fed him some honey water and were now waiting for him to wake up. Cupping his cheek gently, I whispered, "Hyuk, please... Wake up, don't... don't let me lose anyone again. I couldn't save Hee Chul hyung but please... don't let me lose you too... Hyuk...". I didn't know whether is it because he heard me or it was just time he regained his consience, but Hyuk's eyelid fluttered and his eyes finally opened to meet mine. "Hyuk!" Donghae cried out in relief but his relieve died rapidly when Eunhyuk's eyes lost focus and started to stare blankly into space again. Donghae's hand fell from Eunhyuk's cheek as he slumped in defeat. "What happened to you, Hyuk? How? How could I save you from this despair that only you yourself know of the reason?" Donghae brushed away the tears that were streaming down his face and took several deep breaths to collect his emotions. Turning his attention back to Eunhyuk, he said gently, "Hyuk, I'll go out and get you some food. Don't do anything foolish. Wait for me here patiently, okay?". Donghae sighed when his lover remained silent and went out of the room, dejected. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eunhyuk's POV

I was once again trapped in the flashback of memories. These memories haunted me like a nightmare and they kept replaying. Tears welled up in my eyes as I once again felt Hankyung hyung's cold and lifeless body in my arms. I desperately wanted to erase them, to keep these terrible images out, but I couldn't. Every smell, every touch that I felt during the accident, it kept coming back to me, keeping me awake throughout the night, torturing me and preventing me from thinking about anything else. Then, I heard someone else's voice, crying and shouting for me. I tried reaching out for that spidery strand of light in the darkness that could save me but it disappeared in a blink of an  eyelid. However, at least the darkness was no longer filled with those haunting memories, instead, it allowed me to finally rest; to get a slight respire. After what seemed like a short period, it came again. I screamed soundlessly, trying to find a way to escape when the door closed with a 'click' and suddenly, I could see where I was. I sat up slowly, my head throbbing and my body weak from the mental torture I had went through. My stomach growled and I was just able to get off the bed when the door opened. Hae walked in and froze when he saw me staring back. He walked quickly toward me and placed the plate of fried rice on the small table besides the bed before enveloping me in a tight hug. I froze at the sight of the fried rice and could already feel the tugging of memories that were about to assault. I grabbed Donghae tightly, "Hae... Please! Help me! Don't! No...!" My pleas trailed off when the memories came again. I screamed in choked agony as the smell of blood filled my nose again and I scooted to the other end of the bed. Getting off the bed, I back away until I hit a corner and slid down, curling myself into a tight ball. Clenching at my hair tightly, I tried to push them away but they continued. My tears streamed uncontrollably down my face as I screamed in despair, "No! Please, don't! Hyung! Why?! Why could I not forget the scene when you died? No! No!!!". I could not see anything else again, only watching that one long scene replay again and again in my mind's eye. How sad and fragile looking he looked when he walked out of HeeChul hyung's room and his last lingering smile before he stepped out onto the room. I could even hear his voice clearly when he last whispered his nickname for HeeChul hyung, "Rella". 'Please', I prayed, 'Please, shine a light in this darkness for me to get out. I couldn't take it anymore, Please!'